Specification, professionalism and honesty (or rather there lack of)
Not sure if this is the right place to have a big rant, but here goes ...
I notice one thing in common with almost all audio products on the market today. Namely amplifiers with bogus specifications. Their power supply rails are often a mere +/- 20 VDC, yet the manage to somehow magically produce 2,000 watts or some ridiculre like this. Distortion figures seem to have simply been pulled from thin a1.ir too.
Perhaps you can agree or disagree with me on the following:
*Testing True RMS power*
1. ~1KHz sinewave, amplitude adjusted until point of clipping seen on scope across dummy load.
2. E squared / speaker impedance
*THD (Total Harmonic Distortion)
1. The difference between input and output
2. Requires expensive dedicated eqipment, true or false?
1. Attenuation / roll off of -3dB to each extreme