42 posts / 0 new
Last post
RobinKidderminster's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 27/05/2009 - 14:24
Posts: 2484
RE: Speaker placement not.....

bluedroog wrote:

How can a cable improve the sound?

Easy! Just search cables here.  Smile

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 21/11/2010 - 20:21
Posts: 6292
RE: Thompsonuxb wrote: So while

matt49 wrote:

BenLaw wrote:

matt49 wrote:

BenLaw wrote:

I shouldn't be responding, but these two contrary posts demonstrate that you are either a moron or a troll. Or both. 

I don't think you should be responding, at least not in this manner. Calling someone a moron is personally offensive and has no place on this forum, as you very well know. An apology is in order.

You're pretty new here so may not be aware of Thompson's trolling history. I certainly wouldn't have posed what I did if this was one of his first threads. However, he has a history of trolling, particularly on this sort of subject. On this occasion, he wanted to get 'a piece of the action' from the other interminable thread, which is also being orchestrated by a tiresome troll. So, no, there is no apology warranted or given. FWIW, I don't think Thompson is a moron, I think he's a troll, many of whom have a degree of cynical intelligence. 

Calling someone a troll is one thing (and was in any case not what I referred to in my post, as you can plainly see here), calling them a moron (i.e. mentally retarded) is altogether different. 

Edit: my definition of moron got censored! The censored word was the adjectival past participle of "retard". Let's see if this gets censored too. Edit edit: Yep. The censored word means "slowed down".

 

Although a close reading of what I said makes clear that I didn't call him a moron. I can't see any conclusion to draw from his contradictory statements (the first of which is clearly nonsense to anyone with a modicum of intelligence and common sense) other than that the author lacks intelligence or is being deliberately provocative. I'm open to suggestions. I've also clarified that I think he is a troll rather than a moron and that is what I am calling him. However, if he were to be believed in his assertion that he was not a troll, then I can see no other legitimate conclusion to draw than that he is of limited intelligence. 

matt49's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 07/04/2013 - 12:07
Posts: 1923
RE: Thompsonuxb wrote: So while

BenLaw wrote:

Although a close reading of what I said makes clear that I didn't call him a moron. I can't see any conclusion to draw from his contradictory statements (the first of which is clearly nonsense to anyone with a modicum of intelligence and common sense) other than that the author lacks intelligence or is being deliberately provocative. I'm open to suggestions. I've also clarified that I think he is a troll rather than a moron and that is what I am calling him.

Well, I suppose that's part way towards an apology.

BigH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 29/12/2012 - 12:31
Posts: 3477
RE: Speaker placement not.....

bluedroog wrote:

How can a cable improve the sound?

 

Well if you have not got one it will?

Native_bon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 48 min ago
Joined: 26/11/2008 - 10:58
Posts: 918
Am a music producer & i know

Am a music producer & i know for a fact that room acoustics has by far more effect on sound than any cable...

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 21/11/2010 - 20:21
Posts: 6292
RE: Thompsonuxb wrote: So while

matt49 wrote:

BenLaw wrote:

Although a close reading of what I said makes clear that I didn't call him a moron. I can't see any conclusion to draw from his contradictory statements (the first of which is clearly nonsense to anyone with a modicum of intelligence and common sense) other than that the author lacks intelligence or is being deliberately provocative. I'm open to suggestions. I've also clarified that I think he is a troll rather than a moron and that is what I am calling him.

Well, I suppose that's part way towards an apology.

 

If it came across as part way to an apology it was not intended to and I apologise for any confusion. 

JoelSim's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 24/08/2007 - 16:58
Posts: 7246
Now you're just being

Now you're just being mischievous!

char_lotte's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 11 hours ago
Joined: 27/02/2012 - 17:13
Posts: 316
Native bon can you post a

Native bon can you post a link to some of the music you have produced ?

Thompsonuxb's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 11 hours ago
Joined: 19/02/2012 - 14:24
Posts: 870
Thanks matt49 but honestly I

Thanks matt49 but honestly I neither want or need an apology from Ben Law, he like everyone is entilted to his opinion of me good or bad.

Good luck to him.

Thompsonuxb's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 11 hours ago
Joined: 19/02/2012 - 14:24
Posts: 870
anyhoo..... I agree that

anyhoo.....

I agree that placement does have an effect on sound but as I've said its usually in the lower frequencys and how they interact with your rooms accoustics.

My real point was with regards to fidelity though.

if you have an interconnect which is 'dull' ( I accept some of you do not believe one can be duller than another....but pls, hear me out) that sound will be the sound you recieve no matter were you place your speaker.

example if you hear a triangle in a piece of music and it "chings" as opposed to "tings" (you get what I'm saying) then no matter were you shift your speaker with relation to your rooms accoustics - that triangle will still ching and not ting.... its about fidelity, clarity or purity of sound that the actual speaker produces

and this is before the room or placement has an affect on the sound produced.....

I do understand what some of you guys are saying and if I was thinking in broad strokes, so to speak I'd be in total agreement with you. But in my experience interconnects refines your sound it may well be subtle but its more ....more ...whats the word I'm looking for.....more .... I have to go with profound again.....

Thompsonuxb's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 11 hours ago
Joined: 19/02/2012 - 14:24
Posts: 870
RE: Am a music producer & i know

Native_bon wrote:
Am a music producer & i know for a fact that room acoustics has by far more effect on sound than any cable...

 

lol..... well I'm a producer music .....sorry could'nt help myself. Pls re-read my opening post This I do not disagree with, refer to my last post hopefully that may clarify the point I'm trying to make and why ultimately I believe (know) how important cables are and the differences they make.

Pages

Log in or register to post comments