Have your say & ask the experts!

Sony TA-F730ES amp, need speakers

6 replies [Last post]
pitoxoeng's picture

Hi just got myself Sony TA-F730ES amp which sounds too harsh with my B&W601S3 speakers especially treble. I had the same problem with my previous amp (Sony TA-FE940R) but it still sounded much warmer and more balanced then now was never really happy with B&Ws as I find them too bright. So would like to change my speakers and am thinking about Dynaudio Audience 52SE. Do you think this is a good choice and if not what would you recommend if not. Want only bookshelves, medium sized room, listening to rock/metal/jazz mostly. Source is Arcam DV135. Thanks

ashleyturnier's picture
RE: Sony TA-F730ES amp, need speakers

For its size, the Sony KDL-26EX320 is the most full featured televisions available. In case you do not have the time to read all the details, here is a short form report. That can help you make a decision on purchase or no purchase.

<a href="http://projects-ieee.in/">BE FINAL YEAR PROJECTS @ PLC TECHNOLOGIES</a>

keeperofthekeys's picture

dynaudio 42 audience, or 40 audience....

the record spot's picture

pitoxoeng wrote:

Hi just got myself Sony TA-F730ES amp which sounds too harsh with my B&W601S3 speakers especially treble. I had the same problem with my previous amp (Sony TA-FE940R) but it still sounded much warmer and more balanced then now was never really happy with B&Ws as I find them too bright. So would like to change my speakers and am thinking about Dynaudio Audience 52SE. Do you think this is a good choice and if not what would you recommend if not. Want only bookshelves, medium sized room, listening to rock/metal/jazz mostly. Source is Arcam DV135. Thanks

Tannoy DC4 or DC6 will work well.  Great pairing - I used my 630ESD with the DC4s and was deeply impressed.  The small Tannoys have a big presence too, a steal at £350 or less IMO.  Highly recommended.

Onkyo TX-NR818 / Tannoy DC4 speakers / Marantz UD-7007

AVI Lab Series & Marantz CD63 MkII KI CD players / various cables 

ear
ear's picture

tannoy nah..he'll find them bright.I do.

Yamaha AX-397 + Yamaha NS-333;

HK 3390 + Tangent Millennium 200;

Cambridge Audio Sr10 +Cambridge audio  S30

the record spot's picture

You've plainly never heard the DC range.  

Onkyo TX-NR818 / Tannoy DC4 speakers / Marantz UD-7007

AVI Lab Series & Marantz CD63 MkII KI CD players / various cables 

CnoEvil's picture

"Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again."  André Gide