Just received my Proacs today !
I am realy amazed: the sound is organized , spacious , noble and elegant everything is in control . the bass is soft and pleasant .
I am very suprised from the match with the Roksan Kandy K2 , reaching to high level volume just on "9 o'clock" volume it shows how
easy to move the Proacs even from modest amp . I thought to upgrade my amp soon but I am not sure aout it anymore I think the match with the Kandy is realy great !
Hi Fi : Proac Studio 140MK2 - Rotel RC1580 [PRE] - Rotel RB1582 [POWER] -Rotel RCD1520 [CDP] Headphones : B&W P7 . Cables : Tellurium Q Black speaker cables-Tellurium Q Ultra Black RCA interconnects-WireWorld Stratus 7 power cords
AV ( 2.1 channels / Bypass mode ) : YAMAHA RXV767 - INFINITY PRIMUS PS8 sub
Received the Rotel RB1582/RC1580 pre/power combination last week and it is a big step forward than the Roksan Kandy which I sold :
- The mid-bass drivers were overshadow the twitters now they completely opened up and there is more balance .
- The mid used to be sometimes a bit sharp / edgy now it's more natural and pleasant .
- The bass has more complex texture , it's more soft and calm with the Roksan it was a bit aggresive .
- The sound is tight and neutral with the Roksan it was a bit worm some may find it unpleasant and dry but I like the "neutral studio" sound .
- The notes have more body and presence seems the RB-1582 has a lot more control on the speakers.
- The soundstage is more spacious , stable and focused .
I can recommend the Rotel RB1582/RC1580 pre/power combination if you like your sound tight, neutral and analytic. if you want your
sound to be worm and colourful look in other places .
© 2014 Haymarket Publishing