Q-Acoustics 2010i + Onkyo A-9050 ???
After comparing amps in my pricerange the Onkyo seems like the best for my needs...
- Decent integrated DAC
- 75 W/Ch
- £300 - £350
- (MM) Turntable input
- Headphone jack on the right side (Petty prefrence based on my desks orientatation)
- Sub Pre-Out
- Fits my shelving (where the Yamaha AS500 doesn't)
The speakers have a nominal impedance of 6ohm, with a max recomended power of 75w. The amp switches between 4ohm & 8ohm, with 75W/ch at 8ohm.
- Are there any risks powering the speakers with this amp?
"If you use Speakers A or Speakers B, make sure to use speakers
with an impedance of 4 to 16 ohms. If you use Speakers A and
Speakers B, make sure to use speakers with an impedance of
8 to 16 ohms. Connecting speakers with an impedance less than
8 ohms may cause the protection circuit to activate"
- This quote from the Onkyo manual suggests the speakers are fine, but I will not be able to run a second pair simultaneously since the 2010i's are 4ohm-6ohm.
"Switch the SPEAKER IMPEDANCE selector on the unit’s rear panel.
- [4ohm or more and less than 8ohm] Sets the impedance to 4 ohm.
- [8ohm or more and 16ohm or less] Sets the impedance to 8ohm."
- If i'm relegated to the 4 ohm switch, how will it affect watt/ch and performance?
I'd appreciate any opinions, hopefully my ignorance can be excused.