12 posts / 0 new
Last post
drummerman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 18/01/2008 - 21:12
Posts: 5571
Port design
English
drummerman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 18/01/2008 - 21:12
Posts: 5571
RE: Port design

I've got to say, this forum is terrible.

 

I, once again, typed up a good length article and it didnt save it!!!!!!!! Bloody hell.

 

I didnt even have the option of disabling/enabling rich text (it just didnt work) and when I tried to return to it it was gone!

 

Unfortunately, had enough, migrating elsewhere and saying goodbye for another year my little gurkins.

 

All behave and back in latter 2013.

 

Mwwwahh

Electro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 30 min ago
Joined: 30/03/2011 - 11:34
Posts: 1578
RE: Port design RE: Port design

drummerman wrote:

I've got to say, this forum is terrible.

 

I, once again, typed up a good length article and it didnt save it!!!!!!!! Bloody hell.

 

I didnt even have the option of disabling/enabling rich text (it just didnt work) and when I tried to return to it it was gone!

 

Unfortunately, had enough, migrating elsewhere and saying goodbye for another year my little gurkins.

 

All behave and back in latter 2013.

 

Mwwwahh

 

That's a shame I was looking forward to reading about your port design :shifty:  Wink

 Electrocompaniet EMC 1 UP , Monarchy Audio DIP, Electrocompaniet ECD 1 dac , EC4.8 preamp , 2x AW180 monoblock power amps , PMC PB1i speakers . Thousands of Cd's .

David@FrankHarvey's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 1 min ago
Joined: 27/06/2008 - 11:03
Posts: 11946
RE: Port design

I was looking forward to it as well...

DavidF @FrankHarveyHiFi, Coventry - official participants in Record Store Day, Saturday 18th April 2015.

"Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light"

ID.
ID.'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 17 hours ago
Joined: 22/02/2010 - 13:12
Posts: 1801
RE: Port design

Had potential. Could've been another port-noise complaint.

Didn't you get the memo? All Cables, DACs, CD players and amps sound the same.

chebby's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 02/06/2008 - 09:40
Posts: 16777
RE: Port design

ID. wrote:

Had potential. Could've been another port-noise complaint.

Superb! Worthy of Mr Everard himself.

iPad Mini 3 (128GB) • Bowers & Wilkins P3 • Mac Mini • AirPort Extreme • AirPlay • iTunes • Marantz M-CR603  • Rega R3

Trefor Patten's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 31/03/2008 - 14:37
Posts: 291
RE: Port design

I was going to ask what a gurkin was :?

Andrew Everard's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 30/05/2007 - 12:34
Posts: 28836
RE: Port design

chebby wrote:
Superb! Worthy of Mr Everard himself.

Not chuffin' likely...

chebby's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 02/06/2008 - 09:40
Posts: 16777
RE: Port design

Andrew Everard wrote:

chebby wrote:
Superb! Worthy of Mr Everard himself.

Not chuffin' likely...

That remark reflex well on you.

 

iPad Mini 3 (128GB) • Bowers & Wilkins P3 • Mac Mini • AirPort Extreme • AirPlay • iTunes • Marantz M-CR603  • Rega R3

chebby's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 02/06/2008 - 09:40
Posts: 16777
RE: Port design

Trefor Patten wrote:

I was going to ask what a gurkin was :?

I was a bit baffled too.

iPad Mini 3 (128GB) • Bowers & Wilkins P3 • Mac Mini • AirPort Extreme • AirPlay • iTunes • Marantz M-CR603  • Rega R3

Andrew Everard's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 30/05/2007 - 12:34
Posts: 28836
RE: Port design

chebby wrote:
I was a bit baffled too.

I find when I am infinitely baffled the best thing is to go with the flow, bung another one on the fire and pour a large Dimple – it's really not worth getting actively crossover, or it could be terminal...

chebby's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 02/06/2008 - 09:40
Posts: 16777
RE: Port design

Andrew Everard wrote:

chebby wrote:
I was a bit baffled too.

I find when I am infinitely baffled the best thing is to go with the flow, bung another one on the fire and pour a large Dimple – it's really not worth getting actively crossover, or it could be terminal...

Damped if I didn't half wave goodbye to my cup of tea when I folded up in laughter. I should have braced myself first.

iPad Mini 3 (128GB) • Bowers & Wilkins P3 • Mac Mini • AirPort Extreme • AirPlay • iTunes • Marantz M-CR603  • Rega R3

Log in or register to post comments