471 posts / 0 new
Last post
the record spot's picture
RE: Onkyo TX-8050 alert - It's arrived, it's arrived!

Sorry Simon, I have no idea how or why this might be happening.  If your amp is still under warranty, perhaps you could try returning to the shop or having it checked over.  Otherwise, no idea, sorry.

MisterE's picture

WoW! Just seen that this is going for £499 now!

It was £250 when I bought it from Superfi and I knocked them down to £230. Just shows what a bargain it was when it first went on sale.  Smile

the record spot's picture

Yep, although the original suggested selling price was around the £400 mark, but the likes of Superfi put it on offer.  I'm not sure a lot of firms knew how to pitch it at the time, of course, network connectivity has really taken off in the last couple of years.  It's always been more than just a budget amp though.  They're a very astute company too I think - very keen to focus on the music side of things just as much as the audio one.

whostino's picture

Use a usb DAC, like HRT Streamer II, connect it through cd-in or tape-in, thats how i do it. Enjoy wasapi with KMplayer through Reclock:)

ID.'s picture

Heard one playing through a pair of (I think) some JBL 4307. Interesting. Big sound. From the size of the speakers I guess that they aren't too common in a domestic setting. I got the impression that they weren't allowing the Onkyo to show off its full talents. I'd be interested in hearing my DB1i on the end of the TX-8050, but really my upgrade fantasies are more in the direction of the Onyko A-9000r or 2nd hand Luxman, but the TX-8050 is great value for money and I'd consider it if I were looking for a more entry level system. I prefer it to a number of the budget Marantz amps.

Stuff.

Pages