newly purchased MF Trio
I have finally bought ( an hour ago ) the M1 DAC, M3i Amp and the V-LPS II. I have a few questions which are shooting right inside my head. Please help.
1. What are the best speaker options considering that I listen to a lot of Scofield, tribal tech, gary willis, miles, and some rock too. I took a listen to the PMC DB1i. Nice. But I feel they are small for the slightly loudish gathering. What options do I have? I prefer bookshelves for the room that I am setting up in. My budget is about £1500/$2000. Should I buy Active or Passive? ( I love that forum page )
2. What is your opinion on the signal routing from my iPod, MacBook Pro to the DAC and then M3i? What is the ideal signal path?
3. How do I know whether my turntable is Moving Coil or Moving Magnet? I have an old nice sounding JVC but am planning to buy the Rega RP 1.
4. What is your opinion on the buy? please feel free to scream if one doesnt like it but with the reasons.
5. How can I use the pre-out of the M3i to Bi-Amp?
I get back home this monday. So have 3 days to figure setup. Till the time I buy my own speakers I shall be borrowing some pals worth it ones. So request you to kindly reply as I want to be sure of the speakers that I buy and the setup.