I have been a big music fan since at least 25 years but i never invested in decent equipment. i have a collection of probably 2400 cd's and about 100 records. my taste ranges from dave brubeck to leftfield, from gg allin to slayer, from ennio morricone to the smiths, from orbital to dick dale, from sonny rollins to suicide commando etc.
I listen to music mainly via ipod, in my car, computer and mini chain (cheapo stuff for like 300 euro's). since i will be moving to a bigger place i will finally have the space for a new hi-fi installation. i am not an experienced audiophile whatsoever
I start from zero except for the reciever, i just got myself the yamaha r-s500. i want to buy speakers, a cd-player and a record player. since i live in belgium i would like to buy everything online if possible. my remaining budget is about 1200 euro's max !
- how should i spend my budget, how many % of the budget on each component? is a good reciever more important than a good pair of speakers?
- for the cd-player i have three options for the moment, based on reviews, the fact that i just the got the yamaha reciever and my budget (400 euro's max for the cd-player) my options for the moment are the yamaha cd-s300 (about 250 euro's), cd-n500 (about 360 euro's) or the marantz cd 6005 (about 380 euro's) I read some raving reviews about the marantz cd6005 but does it make sense to buy it to pair it with my yamaha r-s500? should the cheaper cd-s300 be enough?
- can anyone recommend some speakers in the budget range (max 500 euro's for the pair) are the yamaha Ns-F150 any good? (about 380 for the pair)
- can someone recommend a record player for under 400 euro's?
- can someone recommend cables? i generally don't believe in the ultra expensive gold plated stuff like with hdmi monster cables etc. have different blu-ray players and don't see the difference between the more expensive and cheaper cables.
a lot of questions and to be honest i am overwhelmed by all the options and possibilities. thank you in advance for the help