New floorstanders in small room
I'm looking for a pair of floorstanders in my small room. The speakers will be close to backwall , 20-30 cm space between speaker and wall. Rear-ported speakers just doesnt work good here. A bookshelf doesnt deliever enough bass, and I don't like using subwoofer.
A compact floorstander which are frontported or bottomported works great in my room.
My amp is very capable I would say, it's the AMR AM-777 hybrid rated 60wpc. This is hight quality, and plays much louder and better then any amp I have had (with much more power).
Here's some speakers I'm looking at. I'm hoping you could describe the sound of these speakers. I don't want a too bright speaker, but some airy treble a warm middle and punchy bass with good depth. I play some bassheavy music like techno and rap.
- Kef Q700. Not great reviews here, however coments say this is a much better speaker. I think it would work nice since it's not ported. How does this one sound? The store selling this have a 45 day return policy so I could buy and try.
- Audio Physics Classic 20. I have been interested in this for a long time. Bottom ported. Looks really nice. I contacted the dealer which recomended this for me, however I asked to loan it, and they did not reply. I don't think I will buy it unless I can loan it or return it. It's a little expensive but I am willing to pay for dreamsound.
- PMC Twenty 23. Expensive. I'm not sure this will be the right choice for me. May be too basslight for my taste? However I am able to loan a demopair of this spakers. Twenty 24 will be too deep and will not fit in my room.
- Triangle Color floorstander. Looks great and are frontported. From what I read it will be on the bright side. However this might fit good with my amp? My concern is that it will not go deep enough in the bass. 45 days rerurnpolicy.
- Triangle Altea. Frontported. Don't like the looks. The way they desribe the sound I think this would maybe be a better choice than color. My concern is that they are basslight and don't go deep enough. 45 days return.
I'm also looking at Tannoys but it seems that they only have rearported speakers now.
Any sugeestions? What is the best speaker of this for me?
Thanks for any replies!