21 posts / 0 new
Last post
hone_u2's picture
RE: Naim NAP 155XS + NAC N 172XS enough to drive ATC SCM 11s?

Classe sound has always pleased me, if you say Linn DS would be good I must try it... Though Ive heard it in the linn combination with their amazing Majik 109 bookshelves, and that was simply amazing!

I am hoping my move to Classe in awe of their convenience with Apple would actually yeild in better sound... because it sure as hell better than Naim's UPnP navigation strategy.

CnoEvil's picture

hone_u2 wrote:

Classe sound has always pleased me, if you say Linn DS would be good I must try it... Though Ive heard it in the linn combination with their amazing Majik 109 bookshelves, and that was simply amazing!

I am hoping my move to Classe in awe of their convenience with Apple would actually yeild in better sound... because it sure as hell better than Naim's UPnP navigation strategy.

Yes, don't take my word for it......and FWIW I think Classe Amp / LS50 will sound better than Linn Amps with the Majik 109.

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

hone_u2's picture

I have heard an all Linn system through Majik 109, and I thought it was stunning...

I should give the DS a try!

Im really keen on trying the Classe because Ive been a fan of their transparency for a long time... I hope the CP is as capable or more than the Naim ive got...

I really hope it is a significant jump from my current naim setup... because im not that happy with Naim anymore, even thir high end stuff...

hone_u2's picture

Although now seriously thinking of a devialet

jerry klinger's picture

David@FrankHarvey wrote:

hone_u2 wrote:
Also, is there a significant difference in the way the Nait XS drives from the NAP 155xs?

The biggest difference will be in the pre-amplifier section. Naim pre-amplifiers don't have onboard power supplies, so there's no big transformer interfering as you would get in an integrated amplifier.

Except there is in the NAC172XS - which is the preamp he's asking about!

Plus, his question was really about whether there is any difference between the power amps involved (XS power amp section vs 155XS).

Pages