39 posts / 0 new
Last post
uniquexme's picture
Naim : DAC V-1 + NAP100 OR UnitiLite ?

Guys. Pls help me choose either Naim UnitiLite or DAC-V1 + NAP100?

Initially tot of buying Unitilite but somehow supplier friend advised that Naim got a cheaper DAC-V1+ NAP100 n sent me a brochure that makes me got stuck as both provide 50W amp.

Items in hand : Macbook Pro & Acer Laptop, an old KTV Windows PC in a din deck plus touch screen which needs repair coz I think hardisk damaged

Items intend to buy : 1 of the above

Speaker in mind : ProAc Studio 115 or Tablette Anniversary

Reasons not liking UnitiLite : unable to connect external HDD to usb port which I need to spent a huge amount on large USB key of size 500GB or 1TB.

If I get the DAC plus amp I will opt for iTunes either on Acer laptop or the old KTV with touch screen.

ID.'s picture
RE: Naim : DAC V-1 + NAP100 OR UnitiLite ?

If you decide you want or would like a CD player then I'd go for the unitilite as the DAC-V1 + NAP100 doesn't give you that option.

As the Unitilite operates as a streamer, surely you'd want to set it up to stream from a NAS rather than worrying about a direct connection to an HDD or getting a large USB key.

As far as speakers go, I'd also want to audition speakers from PMC and Neat which are known to match well with Naim kit.

Bedroom: Esoteric RZ-1, PMC DB1i, Fostex CW200A. FUBAR IV

Office: Nuforce Icon HDP, Adam A7X

Living room: Apple TV, FIIO D03K, Fostex PM0.4n

Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-AD900x and ATH-A900x, Sennheiser HD595,  Grado SR80i

tyranniux42's picture

I can confirm that the unitilite does indeed support external HDD's via the usb port as i use this as my primary source (my external HDD is powered by a seperate PS though, cant comment on passive HDD's)

it will replicate and display what ever folder format you set on the HDD.

I havent heard the NAP100 but can tell you that the amp in the Unitilite is very special indeed, you need to listen for yourself though ideally!

kind regards

tyranniux42's picture

I can confirm that the unitilite does indeed support external HDD's via the usb port as i use this as my primary source (my external HDD is powered by a seperate PS though, cant comment on passive HDD's)

I havent heard the NAP100 but can tell you that the amp in the Unitilite is very special indeed, you need to listen for yourself though ideally!

kind regards

tyranniux42's picture

kind regards

tyranniux42's picture

kind regards

tyranniux42's picture

kind regards

tyranniux42's picture

kind regards

tyranniux42's picture

kind regards

tyranniux42's picture

kind regards

tyranniux42's picture

kind regards

tyranniux42's picture

kind regards

tyranniux42's picture

kind regards

tyranniux42's picture

kind regards

tyranniux42's picture

kind regards

tyranniux42's picture

kind regards

Pages