436 posts / 0 new
Last post
chebby's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 1 min ago
Joined: 02/06/2008 - 09:40
Posts: 16031
RE: more 'snake oil'

Biggerboat wrote:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread762054/pg1

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread877780/pg1

(Nice to see your link came from such a well researched, scientifically respectable site.)

"We are currently awaiting the loading of our complement of small lemon-soaked paper napkins for your comfort, refreshment and hygiene during the journey."

idc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
Joined: 02/01/2008 - 15:36
Posts: 7765
RE: more 'snake oil'

Biggerboat wrote:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread762054/pg1

 

An article which complains about certain audiophile companies are taking the p***, by taking the p*** out of them. Their arguments apply to almost every other industry and how they sell their products, from legitimate such as cosmetics, cars, toasters and TVs to dubious such as weight loss pills, certain herbal remedies and the banks  :grin:

 

They make mention of go faster stripes, which are in effect the blue dot SQ improving room treatments of the motor industry, some people want them, so caveat emptor to them.

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: more 'snake oil'

So the public gets what the public wants eh?

Utterly ridiculous 'free market' reasoning that has lead to the clearly advanced, spiritual enlightened, caring and beautiful world we now live in.....

And if those UFO nutters think those 'audiophile' products are bad, what does that say?

Anyway, I do like this video, which I challenge any of you to dispute is not grounded in solid science:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYTlN6wjcvQ

 

Paul.'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 10 hours ago
Joined: 26/11/2010 - 21:44
Posts: 2983
RE: more 'snake oil'

idc wrote:

They make mention of go faster stripes, which are in effect the blue dot SQ improving room treatments of the motor industry, some people want them, so caveat emptor to them.

The diferences is, stripes can make a car awesome, blue dots do not!

 

Andrew Everard's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 1 week ago
Joined: 30/05/2007 - 12:34
Posts: 28837
RE: more 'snake oil'

chebby wrote:
Biggerboat wrote:
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread762054/pg1

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread877780/pg1

(Nice to see your link came from such a well researched, scientifically respectable site.)

I like the one on that site that says Obama deliberately threw the presidential debate the other night becuase he knows there's some huge natural disaster coming in January and he doesn't want to be president when that happens and isn't it spooky that the last date on his campaign itinerary is in Denver and after all that's where the whole of the federal government has been secretly relocating for years and the Europeans are all in it and know what's about to happen because apparently Mother Nature is angry and the East coast of North America is going to fall off completely.

Paul.'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 10 hours ago
Joined: 26/11/2010 - 21:44
Posts: 2983
RE: more 'snake oil'

Biggerboat wrote:

And if those UFO nutters think those 'audiophile' products are bad, what does that say?

 

Do the oposite of the nutters.  Blue dots for all!

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: more 'snake oil'

Andrew Everard wrote:

chebby wrote:
Biggerboat wrote:
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread762054/pg1

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread877780/pg1

(Nice to see your link came from such a well researched, scientifically respectable site.)

I like the one on that site that says Obama deliberately threw the presidential debate the other night becuase he knows there's some huge natural disaster coming in January and he doesn't want to be president when that happens and isn't it spooky that the last date on his campaign itinerary is in Denver and after all that's where the whole of the federal government has been secretly relocating for years and the Europeans are all in it and know what's about to happen because apparently Mother Nature is angry and the East coast of North America is going to fall off completely.

 

Dont worry -  John Cusak will save us.....

WinterRacer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 14/01/2009 - 14:47
Posts: 391
RE: more 'snake oil'

I think it's reasonable to expect WHF to identify products that actually influence SQ, rather than identify products that that look like they affect SQ.  Am I alone or unusual in wanting this?

 

 

 

chebby's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 1 min ago
Joined: 02/06/2008 - 09:40
Posts: 16031
RE: more 'snake oil'

Biggerboat wrote:
Anyway, I do like this video, which I challenge any of you to dispute is not grounded in solid science:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYTlN6wjcvQ

Did anybody make it further than the bloke saying... "I have what? 6 hours stuff to present..."

"We are currently awaiting the loading of our complement of small lemon-soaked paper napkins for your comfort, refreshment and hygiene during the journey."

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: more 'snake oil'

chebby wrote:

Biggerboat wrote:
Anyway, I do like this video, which I challenge any of you to dispute is not grounded in solid science:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYTlN6wjcvQ

Did anybody make it further than the bloke saying... "I have what? 6 hours stuff to present..."

 

Sorry, I dont think they do a 2 minute cartoon version for Apple users.

professorhat's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 21 hours ago
Joined: 28/12/2007 - 11:34
Posts: 11026
RE: more 'snake oil'

BTW, I have no clue what those are, I seriously doubt, however, an alien spaceship has been parked so close to the sun. Seems a bit impractical.

 

The owls are not what they seem...

professorhat's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 21 hours ago
Joined: 28/12/2007 - 11:34
Posts: 11026
RE: more 'snake oil'

Biggerboat wrote:

And if those UFO nutters think those 'audiophile' products are bad, what does that say?

Most compelling argument ever. After all, I'd listen to everything else "those UFO nutters" have to say and certainly take their views on board.

 

The owls are not what they seem...

Paul.'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 10 hours ago
Joined: 26/11/2010 - 21:44
Posts: 2983
RE: more 'snake oil'

Biggerboat wrote:

chebby wrote:

Biggerboat wrote:
Anyway, I do like this video, which I challenge any of you to dispute is not grounded in solid science:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYTlN6wjcvQ

Did anybody make it further than the bloke saying... "I have what? 6 hours stuff to present..."

 

Sorry, I dont think they do a 2 minute cartoon version for Apple users.

 

Pfft, Typically we like our two minute videos to have a softly spoken English chap on a white background saying "remarkable" a lot, thank you very much.

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: more 'snake oil'

Why are some of you so defensive? 

I can only conclude you must disagree with the claims that these blue and green dots dont work? 

And have you actually spent the time to watch that video I posted?

How very strange.

 

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: more 'snake oil'

professorhat wrote:

BTW, I have no clue what those are, I seriously doubt, however, an alien spaceship has been parked so close to the sun. Seems a bit impractical.

 

 

Ah, but those aliens might have a few of these babies on board - not only would they have superior sound, but I doubt even the sun could affect a ship decked out with some of these beauties:

http://www.lessloss.com/blackbody-p-200.html

Pages

Log in or register to post comments