34 posts / 0 new
Last post
DocG's picture
RE: Marantz MCR610 and Spotify question.

Yes, me too! Would come in handy for the Sonos (the Spotify PC GUI is just so much better than the Sonos').

But I can't find Spotify Connect on my iPad, nor my iPhone. Is it only available for the latest gen iThingies?

M50 - D120 - LS50

jimbofisher's picture

Having read this I thought I would try. Initially couldn't find it.

Need to have Spotify open on both devices, press play on one and the green symbol appears, press it and you can chose which acts as the 'speaker' and use the other to control it.

DocG's picture

@ jimbo: Yes it works with two iThings indeed! Not with Sonos, unfortunately..

@DM_London: any idea if the Connect feature will be available for Sonos devices too? Or indeed for the MCR610?

M50 - D120 - LS50

Callum J's picture

I emailed Spotify, and seemingly they don't support the Marantz MCR-610 at present. But, as they improve their technology, they may do so in the future, they say. Was told to keep an eye on their site for news of any developments.

unsleepable's picture

DocG wrote:

A USB cable works up to 5 m length.

5m is the maximum theoretical length for USB 2.0, but at least both Naim and Ayre recommend not using cables longer than 3m. Without wanting to provoke a cable war, I would recommend getting a cable with above the average quality if length is over 3m.

Personally I use a 3.6m cable and have not had any issues.

Naim DAC-V1 • Arcam P38 • Kef R500

MajorFubar's picture

Is there no such thing as an Airplay 'audio sender' for a PC? The OP could then run Spotify on his PC and Airplay it to his '610. What about Air Parrot?

Thorens TD160+Ortofon MC3; Mission PCM II CD; HRT II+ DAC and Mac Mini; Modded Cyrus 2+PSX; Cyrus Tuner mk2; EB2 loudspeakers

DocG's picture

unsleepable wrote:

DocG wrote:

A USB cable works up to 5 m length.

5m is the maximum theoretical length for USB 2.0, but at least both Naim and Ayre recommend not using cables longer than 3m. Without wanting to provoke a cable war, I would recommend getting a cable with above the average quality if length is over 3m.

Personally I use a 3.6m cable and have not had any issues.

I use a 5 m USB cable between my laptop and the Devialet. I bought the cheapest cable available (think it cost me 3 EUR), and it works a treat. No issues at all!

M50 - D120 - LS50

peegmehh's picture

Hi i use the Windows program Airfoil to play any music from my pc to the Marantz 610.

Works perfect! It's simulate the airplay functionality!

Give it a try!

I need a solution for my android device. I want to use spotify connect but apparently it won't work? Still don't work?

Greetings, peeg

Rockstar's picture
Marantz and Spotify on tablet/computer

Hello everybody!

I wonder if it's possible to connect the Marantz cr610 with a computer with a jack jack male cable?

Does somebody has experience with it?

Or is it possible to connect a tablet with a jack jack male cable in the digital in at the Marantz?

The Marantz app is so annoying to use with Spotify, so I'm looking for alternatives.

Thanks in advance for your help.

chebby's picture
Rockstar wrote:

Rockstar wrote:

Hello everybody!

I wonder if it's possible to connect the Marantz cr610 with a computer with a jack jack male cable?

Use a stereo RCA phono --> 3.5mm jack lead from 'Analog In 1' or 'Analog In 2' on your Marantz to the 3.5mm audio out on your computer/tablet. (Analogue solution.)

Use AirPlay (it's what it's designed to do) if your tablet is Apple and you have wifi in your home. (Also connect the Marantz to your wireless router with ethernet cable for best performance.)

Buy a cheap Bluetooth Receiver and connect it to your M-CR610 (in Analog In 1 or 2) with stereo RCA phono --> 3.5mm jack lead and pair it with your tablet (or PC if that has Bluetooth as well).

iPad Mini 3 • iPhone • B&W P3 • Mac Mini • Apple TV • Quad Vena • Audio-Note AX-Two

Rockstar's picture
Thanks for your reply and

Thanks for your reply and different solutions!

Is a audiocable from the Android tablet to the Marantz (digital in) not possible?

chebby's picture
The Marantz has USB A (front

The Marantz has USB A (front panel) or optical (rear panel) digital connections.

What do you want me to say?

You have the (as yet unidentified) Android tablet so you can see better than I can what digital outputs it has.

Presumably some kind of mini or micro USB but only you know this until you reveal what the tablet is.

If this is so, then just pop along to the shop (or the drawer/box where you keep all your spare leads) and get the appropriate USB A --> USB mini/micro lead and try it.

Chances are that your tablet came with the lead you need in it's packaging. (What do you charge it with?)

iPad Mini 3 • iPhone • B&W P3 • Mac Mini • Apple TV • Quad Vena • Audio-Note AX-Two

knaithrover's picture
chebby wrote:

chebby wrote:

Rockstar wrote:

Hello everybody!

Use a stereo RCA phono --> 3.5mm jack lead from 'Analog In 1' or 'Analog In 2' on your Marantz to the 3.5mm audio out on your computer/tablet. (Analogue solution.)

Use AirPlay (it's what it's designed to do) if your tablet is Apple and you have wifi in your home. (Also connect the Marantz to your wireless router with ethernet cable for best performance.)

Buy a cheap Bluetooth Receiver and connect it to your M-CR610 (in Analog In 1 or 2) with stereo RCA phono --> 3.5mm jack lead and pair it with your tablet (or PC if that has Bluetooth as well).

+1 for the Bluetooth suggestion. The QED Uplay Puck is very good indeed for not a lot of cash.

Nad D3020, Boston Acoustics M25. Tidal.

Nad C320BEE, Marantz CD6002, MA RX1, QED Uplay, Rega RP1.

Atacama Stands, Grado SR60i Headphones, Ipad, Ipod, Samsung Tab S, Sonos Play 1 & 5, Canton DM50.

lpv
lpv's picture
Callum J wrote:

Callum J wrote:

I emailed Spotify, and seemingly they don't support the Marantz MCR-610 at present. But, as they improve their technology, they may do so in the future, they say. Was told to keep an eye on their site for news of any developments.

I think is up to Marantz to support connect and not up to Spotify. 610 model don't have Spotify Connect and will not have. That's why Marantz realeased newer model: 611 with Spotify Connect included.

Rockstar's picture
chebby wrote:

chebby wrote:

The Marantz has USB A (front panel) or optical (rear panel) digital connections.

What do you want me to say?

You have the (as yet unidentified) Android tablet so you can see better than I can what digital outputs it has.

Presumably some kind of mini or micro USB but only you know this until you reveal what the tablet is.

If this is so, then just pop along to the shop (or the drawer/box where you keep all your spare leads) and get the appropriate USB A --> USB mini/micro lead and try it.

Chances are that your tablet came with the lead you need in it's packaging. (What do you charge it with?)

I'm sorry, forgot to mention that I have a Samsung tablet. I tried to connect it with the Marantz with the USB A-micro USB cable but that didn't work.

I've ordered a stereo RCA phono -> 3.5mm jack lead as you mentioned.

Thanks for all the advice!

Pages