24 posts / 0 new
Last post
DocG's picture
RE: Marantz MCR610 and Spotify question.

Yes, me too! Would come in handy for the Sonos (the Spotify PC GUI is just so much better than the Sonos').

But I can't find Spotify Connect on my iPad, nor my iPhone. Is it only available for the latest gen iThingies?

jimbofisher's picture

Having read this I thought I would try. Initially couldn't find it.

Need to have Spotify open on both devices, press play on one and the green symbol appears, press it and you can chose which acts as the 'speaker' and use the other to control it.

DocG's picture

@ jimbo: Yes it works with two iThings indeed! Not with Sonos, unfortunately..

@DM_London: any idea if the Connect feature will be available for Sonos devices too? Or indeed for the MCR610?

Callum J's picture

I emailed Spotify, and seemingly they don't support the Marantz MCR-610 at present. But, as they improve their technology, they may do so in the future, they say. Was told to keep an eye on their site for news of any developments.

unsleepable's picture

DocG wrote:

A USB cable works up to 5 m length.

5m is the maximum theoretical length for USB 2.0, but at least both Naim and Ayre recommend not using cables longer than 3m. Without wanting to provoke a cable war, I would recommend getting a cable with above the average quality if length is over 3m.

Personally I use a 3.6m cable and have not had any issues.

Arcam irDac • A19 • P38 • Kef R100

MajorFubar's picture

Is there no such thing as an Airplay 'audio sender' for a PC? The OP could then run Spotify on his PC and Airplay it to his '610. What about Air Parrot?

DocG's picture

unsleepable wrote:

DocG wrote:

A USB cable works up to 5 m length.

5m is the maximum theoretical length for USB 2.0, but at least both Naim and Ayre recommend not using cables longer than 3m. Without wanting to provoke a cable war, I would recommend getting a cable with above the average quality if length is over 3m.

Personally I use a 3.6m cable and have not had any issues.

I use a 5 m USB cable between my laptop and the Devialet. I bought the cheapest cable available (think it cost me 3 EUR), and it works a treat. No issues at all!

peegmehh's picture

Hi i use the Windows program Airfoil to play any music from my pc to the Marantz 610.

Works perfect! It's simulate the airplay functionality!

Give it a try!

I need a solution for my android device. I want to use spotify connect but apparently it won't work? Still don't work?

Greetings, peeg

Pages