Have your say & ask the experts!

Marantz M-CR510

16 replies [Last post]
lpv
lpv's picture
Offline
Joined: 14 Mar 2013
Posts: 283

...seems like something I've been waiting for - at least from the specs.. slim design so I can fit it on my shelf and full tone control from the handset.. is it right move from my PM6004 and Arcam rDac in terms of sound quality? 

__________________

 ATC 

ID.
ID.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 22 Feb 2010
Posts: 1321
RE: Marantz M-CR510

Too new, so you might not get many (any) answers with 1st hand experience, but going by the M-CR603, it would be a step down in terms of sound quality.

Now if you put better speakers on the end of it it may well outperform your current kit, but so would putting better speakers on your kit (up to a certain point).

__________________

Desk-Fi: Mac Mini - NuForce Icon HDP - Fostex PM0.4n - Audio Technica ATH900x - Sennnheiser HD595 - Grado SR80i

Bedroom system: Esoteric RZ-1 - PMC DB1i / iPod Classic - Onkyo NDS1000 - Firestone Audio FUBAR IV

Machinemessiah's picture
Offline
Joined: 7 Mar 2013
Posts: 36
RE: Marantz M-CR510

What would you recommend as a speaker upgrade? 

__________________

Pure Audio i pod dock, PS Audio Digital Link 111 dac, Marantz PM6004, KEF Q100 speakers, Chord cables and inter connects

Cypher's picture
Offline
Joined: 8 Jun 2007
Posts: 1301
RE: Marantz M-CR510

I would keep the PM6004 and rDac for sure. The M-CR510 looks nice but the sound will disappoint you.

utomo's picture
Offline
Joined: 2 Jul 2013
Posts: 119
RE: Marantz M-CR510

By looking at the spec it is good enough.

it has good power 2x 60 W, compared to other denon, and onkyo around 2x 30W

It has built in WiFi and other features.

I hope the sound is good.

But we also need to wait what Onkyo and Denon new models will offer.

I hope Micro system have Internal Harddisk for storing the music. Instead of external harddisk which not so good ideas for compact products

just my 2c

 

lpv
lpv's picture
Offline
Joined: 14 Mar 2013
Posts: 283
RE: Marantz M-CR510

Thanks for your answers.. I'll wait then until M-CR510 hit the dealers.

__________________

 ATC 

utomo's picture
Offline
Joined: 2 Jul 2013
Posts: 119
RE: Marantz M-CR510

Machinemessiah wrote:

What would you recommend as a speaker upgrade? 

 

Mostly whathifi will suggest Q accoustic 2020i

if you want better ones try q accoustic concept 20

BigH's picture
Offline
Joined: 29 Dec 2012
Posts: 3300
RE: Marantz M-CR510

Kef R100.

manicm's picture
Offline
Joined: 1 May 2008
Posts: 2669
RE: Marantz M-CR510

ID. wrote:

Too new, so you might not get many (any) answers with 1st hand experience, but going by the M-CR603, it would be a step down in terms of sound quality.

No it won't, Marantz website states it has exactly the same amp as the new M-CR610, the same 60w. It's just a pure digital stripped down 610 i.e. no CD player, no FM.

__________________

Arcam Solo Mini/Monitor Audio RX1/Cambridge Audio 751BD/Samsung 37” LCD

utomo's picture
Offline
Joined: 2 Jul 2013
Posts: 119
RE: Marantz M-CR510

manicm wrote:

ID. wrote:

Too new, so you might not get many (any) answers with 1st hand experience, but going by the M-CR603, it would be a step down in terms of sound quality.

No it won't, Marantz website states it has exactly the same amp as the new M-CR610, the same 60w. It's just a pure digital stripped down 610 i.e. no CD player, no FM.

@manicm

ID mean step down from current PM6004 and Arcam rDac.instead from the 610.

But we did not know because both not yet available right ?

magnus78's picture
Offline
Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 72
RE: Marantz M-CR510

I'm eyeing at the M-CR610 as i need the cd player. Just need to wait for review whether it sounds better than the 603.

ID.
ID.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 22 Feb 2010
Posts: 1321
RE: Marantz M-CR510

utomo wrote:

manicm wrote:

ID. wrote:

Too new, so you might not get many (any) answers with 1st hand experience, but going by the M-CR603, it would be a step down in terms of sound quality.

No it won't, Marantz website states it has exactly the same amp as the new M-CR610, the same 60w. It's just a pure digital stripped down 610 i.e. no CD player, no FM.

@manicm

ID mean step down from current PM6004 and Arcam rDac.instead from the 610.

But we did not know because both not yet available right ?

 

That's right. Because it is a step down in sound quality from the 6004 to the 603, I'm assuming that it will also be a step down in qualify going from the 6004 to the 610 or 510.

__________________

Desk-Fi: Mac Mini - NuForce Icon HDP - Fostex PM0.4n - Audio Technica ATH900x - Sennnheiser HD595 - Grado SR80i

Bedroom system: Esoteric RZ-1 - PMC DB1i / iPod Classic - Onkyo NDS1000 - Firestone Audio FUBAR IV

utomo's picture
Offline
Joined: 2 Jul 2013
Posts: 119
RE: Marantz M-CR510

I hope you are wrong. 

Because This year is Marantz 60 Anniversary, They must producce good products. 

If not they will need another 10 year

 

http://www.whathifi.com/review/marantz-pm6004

only 2x 22,5 watt

No USB

No Pre out

NO FM, No DAB

No Internet radio

 

I will wait to see newer products

 

ID.
ID.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 22 Feb 2010
Posts: 1321
RE: Marantz M-CR510

utomo wrote:

I hope you are wrong. 

Because This year is Marantz 60 Anniversary, They must producce good products. 

If not they will need another 10 year

 

http://www.whathifi.com/review/marantz-pm6004

only 2x 22,5 watt

No USB

No Pre out

NO FM, No DAB

No Internet radio

 

I will wait to see newer products

 

2x45 at 8 ohm. 60 at 4 ohms and in general the fact that it doesn't have those other functions means that more resources have been allocated to towards achieving better sound quality.

If you want those functions you might have to compromise on sound quality a little or aim for a more expensive product.

That's the theory at least.

 

__________________

Desk-Fi: Mac Mini - NuForce Icon HDP - Fostex PM0.4n - Audio Technica ATH900x - Sennnheiser HD595 - Grado SR80i

Bedroom system: Esoteric RZ-1 - PMC DB1i / iPod Classic - Onkyo NDS1000 - Firestone Audio FUBAR IV

malifact's picture
Offline
Joined: 20 Aug 2012
Posts: 19
RE: Marantz M-CR510

Unless one really doesn't need CD function, the M-CR610 seems a better deal for just £100 more.  I'm expecting both new models to sound similar to the M-CR603, as Marantz haven't given any indication that the sound will be drastically different.  Which is not a bad thing as the M-CR603 sounds great.

I wonder if Denon and Onkyo will be upgrading any of their all in one systems. I would seriously consider an upgrade of the Onkyo TX-8050 if it had gapless playback.

manicm's picture
Offline
Joined: 1 May 2008
Posts: 2669
RE: Marantz M-CR510

ID. wrote:

utomo wrote:

manicm wrote:

ID. wrote:

Too new, so you might not get many (any) answers with 1st hand experience, but going by the M-CR603, it would be a step down in terms of sound quality.

No it won't, Marantz website states it has exactly the same amp as the new M-CR610, the same 60w. It's just a pure digital stripped down 610 i.e. no CD player, no FM.

@manicm

ID mean step down from current PM6004 and Arcam rDac.instead from the 610.

But we did not know because both not yet available right ?

 

That's right. Because it is a step down in sound quality from the 6004 to the 603, I'm assuming that it will also be a step down in qualify going from the 6004 to the 610 or 510.

If you agree that the 610 is no step down from the older 603, then the new 510 is equally good as it has precisely the same amplification as the 610, the new models are on the Marantz website, if you'd care to look.

__________________

Arcam Solo Mini/Monitor Audio RX1/Cambridge Audio 751BD/Samsung 37” LCD