8 posts / 0 new
Last post
hone_u2's picture
Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9 adversely affecting Chord QuteHD driver...

Hello everyone,

I recently upgraded my Mac to Mavericks 10.9.

All was good until I realized that my Mac wasn't detecting the Chord QuteHD, reinstalled the driver, still no luck...

Looked on the internet, and there have been a few topics suggesting the same...

Chord recently annonced on facebook that yes, there is a problem.

Now, my question is...

Has anyone found a work around? Or is there a better idea of running Audirvana to use the DAC?

Any help would be appreciated! Smile

MajorFubar's picture
I've no answer but looking at

I've no answer but looking at how you've misspelled 'announced' with the result that it got edited as an expletive has cheered-up my early Monday morning and made me snigger in a 10-year-old-boy kind of way.

Andy Clough's picture
RE: I've no answer but looking at

I've put in a call to Chord to see if they can tell us any more.

Editor-in-Chief of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision and whathifi.com

stevebrock's picture
My Mac mini sits on my hifi

My Mac mini sits on my hifi rack next to my DAC, it's only used to store music and it work flawlessly with the Remote app, I have upgraded my MacBook to Mavericks - think I will leave the Mini as it is.

hone_u2's picture
RE: My Mac mini sits on my hifi

stevebrock wrote:
My Mac mini sits on my hifi rack next to my DAC, it's only used to store music and it work flawlessly with the Remote app, I have upgraded my MacBook to Mavericks - think I will leave the Mini as it is.

Just bought myself a Mac mini SSD, but unfortunately it's shipped with Mavericks!

stevebrock's picture

My guess is that it's a software glitch with Mavericks not sure how you will get this sorted but hope you do 

hone_u2's picture

Had been on the phone with Apple... And they said the driver software doesn't seem to be compliant with the SDK that Apple released 4 months ago at the WWDC... Maybe they've just upgraded it, who knows, but if there's a bug in the OS, the population affected is going to be relatively small for Apple to take this seriously... I mean I really wonder how many people have called up Apple Care saying "My DAC driver is not working after upgrading to Mavericks" and them going... "OK, what is a DAC, is it a printer?!" That's literally what happened with me haha! Biggrin

Hope Chord can give some direction as to how to get it working! 

stevebrock's picture
home_U2, Ok fella as I

home_U2,

Ok fella as I understand it you need a driver to run the Chord DAC? The Chord DAC isnt plug and play? 

If so it seems Chord have taken a shortcut with Mac OS X, IMO this is up to Chord to rectify.