Have your say & ask the experts!

Kef R900 with 80 watt Class A amp, am I doing it right?

35 replies [Last post]
CnoEvil's picture
RE: Kef R900 with 80 watt Class A amp, am I doing it right?

"Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again."  André Gide

shafesk's picture

Cno,

thank you for the links, I've read both the reviews and it has confused me even more. I have a gut feeling that the r500s would be enough but I just don't want to wonder what could have been....

Hi-fi:

Denon DNP-720AE network streamer, Mordaunt Short Mezzo 6, Cayin A-55 T, Technics-SLQ210, Denon DP-29F turntable, 540p, Dac-magic, Marantz 5004CD and 6025 Turntable, Mac ,Pure AV interconnects, QED Revelation speaker cables, QED Performance interconnects.

Head-fi:

Akg K702, Grado SR60i, UE Triple-fi, Musical Fidelity X-cans, HRT Music Streamer 2+

CnoEvil's picture

shafesk wrote:

Cno,

thank you for the links, I've read both the reviews and it has confused me even more. I have a gut feeling that the r500s would be enough but I just don't want to wonder what could have been....

....and you are right to think like this.

My comments are purely to help your thought process, rather than direct it to a particular outcome.

A home demo will sort this out.

"Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again."  André Gide

shafesk's picture

I know you are trying to help me out and I really appreciate it Smile I think I'll have to see how they both sound or atleast pray my dealer is unbiased. The problem in Bangladesh with dealers is that due to the tiny quantity they sell, they usually don't stock a huge selection speakers. You just order them blind and pray they work out well. Let's see what can be worked out.

Hi-fi:

Denon DNP-720AE network streamer, Mordaunt Short Mezzo 6, Cayin A-55 T, Technics-SLQ210, Denon DP-29F turntable, 540p, Dac-magic, Marantz 5004CD and 6025 Turntable, Mac ,Pure AV interconnects, QED Revelation speaker cables, QED Performance interconnects.

Head-fi:

Akg K702, Grado SR60i, UE Triple-fi, Musical Fidelity X-cans, HRT Music Streamer 2+

ISAC69's picture

Hi 

The R500 will be more easier speakers to control , I should't buy the R900 unless you have a very big space for them to hear or very

powerfull amp or monobloks . By the way Did you receive the Cayin H80 ?

Hi Fi : Proac Studio 140MK2 - Rotel RC1580 [PRE] - Rotel RB1582 [POWER] -Rotel RCD1520 [CDP]                   Headphones : B&W P7 . Cables : Tellurium Q Black speaker cables-Tellurium Q Ultra Black RCA interconnects-WireWorld Stratus 7 power cords  

AV ( 2.1 channels / Bypass mode )  : YAMAHA RXV767 - INFINITY PRIMUS PS8 sub