23 posts / 0 new
Last post
margetti's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 1 hour ago
Joined: 29/05/2008 - 18:58
Posts: 1066
Just enjoy...
English

... the music.

I don't have the best amplifier, I don't have the best CDP, I don't have the best turntable, and I'm not listening to the best mastered music right now... but by God I'm enjoying completely what I'm listening to Smile

:cheers:

 

JamesMellor's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 day 7 hours ago
Joined: 19/07/2013 - 15:45
Posts: 353
RE: Just enjoy...

+1 Dance 4 :cheers:

plastic penguin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 41 min ago
Joined: 28/04/2008 - 10:56
Posts: 17030
RE: Just enjoy...

+2.

Amp; CDP; Turntable; Tuner; Speakers

Freddy58's picture
Online
Last seen: 12 min 5 sec ago
Joined: 24/01/2014 - 21:11
Posts: 1142
RE: Just enjoy...

margetti wrote:

... the music.

I don't have the best amplifier, I don't have the best CDP, I don't have the best turntable, and I'm not listening to the best mastered music right now... but by God I'm enjoying completely what I'm listening to Smile

:cheers:

 

 

Nice sentiment. I know this is a HiFi forum where folks discuss what equipment they have/want, but when it boils down to it, it's all about the music, or should be.

Tear Drop's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 23/04/2008 - 23:26
Posts: 489
RE: Just enjoy...

M*thaf&cking amen to that!

DandyCobalt's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 08/10/2010 - 14:58
Posts: 1430
RE: Just enjoy...

Sure, but you could enjoy it better with active speakers, valves, and those gold-wrapped HDMI cables Smile

margetti's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 1 hour ago
Joined: 29/05/2008 - 18:58
Posts: 1066
RE: Just enjoy...

Freddy58 wrote:

margetti wrote:

... the music.

I don't have the best amplifier, I don't have the best CDP, I don't have the best turntable, and I'm not listening to the best mastered music right now... but by God I'm enjoying completely what I'm listening to Smile

:cheers:

 

 

Nice sentiment. I know this is a HiFi forum where folks discuss what equipment they have/want, but when it boils down to it, it's all about the music, or should be.

Exactly. What is the point of hi-fi- whether it be active or passive, whether it has this cable or that cable, ec etc,  if it isn't for the enjoyment of the music? I love my system I have to admit, but it would be nothing if I didn't enjoy the MUSIC

Audiofilo's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 5 days ago
Joined: 14/09/2013 - 19:08
Posts: 29
RE: Just enjoy...

,,,,and who needs to create ridiculous threads about the science (or lack of) around HD audio. Just listen.

dan323's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 1 week ago
Joined: 14/10/2010 - 12:14
Posts: 53
RE: Just enjoy...

Great thread, music that drives an emotion doesn't care what it's being played on. Dance 4

Clare Newsome's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 5 hours ago
Joined: 04/06/2007 - 12:06
Posts: 13603
RE: Just enjoy...

Too damn right. I was testing out an affordable Bluetooth speaker on Friday and the little thing was blasting out the tunes in my office in a way that immensely enhanced my day. To paraphrase the Beatles, music is all you need Smile

Group Marketing & PR Manager, Computers Unlimited.

Brands represented include Astell&Kern, Audioengine, B&O Play, Canton, Flexson for SONOS and SONOS

TWITTER: @ClareNewsome

matthewpiano's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 min 55 sec ago
Joined: 23/11/2007 - 22:23
Posts: 8417
RE: Just enjoy...

This is precisely where I am at present.  I'm enjoying the music so much - more than I can ever remember doing.  Some of it is no doubt due to being totally satisfied with the way the system is putting it across, but any thoughts of messing around with the equipment are long forgotten.  It is a much better place to be!

steve_1979's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 14/07/2010 - 21:04
Posts: 4250
RE: Just enjoy...

Clare Newsome wrote:

Too damn right. I was testing out an affordable Bluetooth speaker on Friday and the little thing was blasting out the tunes in my office in a way that immensely enhanced my day. To paraphrase the Beatles, music is all you need Smile

Which is why I love the little £12 X-Mi X Mini II portible speaker so much.

Hi-Fi - Yamaha RX-V667 > AVI DM5 > AVI subwoofer

Head-Fi - Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2Di > Sennheisser HD700

Portable - Sony NWZ-A847 > Westone UM3x

ID.'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 22/02/2010 - 13:12
Posts: 1688
RE: Just enjoy...

Where's the fun in that?

Stuff.

steve_1979's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 14/07/2010 - 21:04
Posts: 4250
RE: Just enjoy...

ID. wrote:

Where's the fun in that?

The fun? It's in the music that can still be enjoyed when you're away from your expensive hifi system at home. Sure the SQ isn't as good but that doesn't stop me from enjoying music elsewhere too.

Hi-Fi - Yamaha RX-V667 > AVI DM5 > AVI subwoofer

Head-Fi - Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2Di > Sennheisser HD700

Portable - Sony NWZ-A847 > Westone UM3x

ID.'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 22/02/2010 - 13:12
Posts: 1688
RE: Just enjoy...

steve_1979 wrote:

ID. wrote:

Where's the fun in that?

The fun? It's in the music that can still be enjoyed when you're away from your expensive hifi system at home. Sure the SQ isn't as good but that doesn't stop me from enjoying music elsewhere too.

 

Sorry, I should've put a winking smiley with my comment to indicate that I was just joking.

Stuff.

Thompsonuxb's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 19/02/2012 - 14:24
Posts: 1247
RE: Just enjoy...

margetti wrote:

... the music.

I don't have the best amplifier, I don't have the best CDP, I don't have the best turntable, and I'm not listening to the best mastered music right now... but by God I'm enjoying completely what I'm listening to Smile

:cheers:

 

 

I read this yesterday and I thought to myself. .....SO WHAT!!!!!

 

Lol..... there is no fixed way to 'enjoy' the music you are listening to - why insinuate that there is?

if a man wants to dress in a blonde wig, hi heels and a flowing white gown to enjoy his music is that a problem?

if one wants to tweak, change, adjust will he extract any less joy from what he is listening to?

Like a certain burger seller says - have it your way -  whatever floats your boat, its ours to enjoy how we will, there are no rules.

 

:cheer: 

Pages

Log in or register to post comments