Have your say & ask the experts!

Improve AV Amp 2 channel music for nothing.

57 replies [Last post]
drummerman's picture
Offline
Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 5023
RE: Improve AV Amp 2 channel music for nothing.

Strange that I dont have that option for the fronts only for the rears etc.

 

regards

__________________

Pretty ... and pretty proud of it

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 6267
RE: Improve AV Amp 2 channel music for nothing.

It's not simple enough to understand for me. I repeat my point above:

 

BenLaw wrote:

Any change in volume is at the preamp stage. How else are you suggesting volume is changed?

__________________

HiFi   /   A/V   /   Bedroom

Native_bon's picture
Offline
Joined: 26 Nov 2008
Posts: 927
RE: Improve AV Amp 2 channel music for nothing.

BenLaw wrote:

It's not simple enough to understand for me. I repeat my point above:

 

BenLaw wrote:

Any change in volume is at the preamp stage. How else are you suggesting volume is changed?

Looked at most of your post on here seems ur just playing the fool. No surprise..

__________________

No rules. If it sounds good to you it sounds Right!!.Transpor:t . Oppo BDP-105EU Blue ray player. DAC:Musical Fidelity V90. AMP: Arcam AVR450. SPEAKER'S: Boston acoustics M340.

 

Joined: 25 Jul 2011
Posts: 1858
RE: Improve AV Amp 2 channel music for nothing.

Just stumbled briefly out of bed with a massive headache so pardon if I'm blunt. I know stuff all about AV, but Ben Law has to be right. You're increasing the gain from the preamp, that's all. Besides, if you want stereo, get a stereo amp.

Done the aspirin so back to bed for me.

drummerman's picture
Offline
Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 5023
RE: Improve AV Amp 2 channel music for nothing.

altruistic.lemon wrote:

Just stumbled briefly out of bed with a massive headache so pardon if I'm blunt. I know stuff all about AV, but Ben Law has to be right. You're increasing the gain from the preamp, that's all. Besides, if you want stereo, get a stereo amp.

Done the aspirin so back to bed for me.

 

Mmmmh, all gone a bit tense considering the OP only tried to help. Yes, increasing gain in Pre-amplifiers can increase noise, more so if designed poorly. - As to only using stereo amplifiers for 2 channel music de-facto ... I'd have to disagree with that one.

Happy dreams

 

regards

__________________

Pretty ... and pretty proud of it

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 6267
RE: Improve AV Amp 2 channel music for nothing.

Native_bon wrote:

BenLaw wrote:

It's not simple enough to understand for me. I repeat my point above:

 

BenLaw wrote:

Any change in volume is at the preamp stage. How else are you suggesting volume is changed?

Looked at most of your post on here seems ur just playing the fool. No surprise..

 

I don't know what you mean, all I've done is say I don't understand what you mean, I think you're wrong (tho no doubt well meaning) and ask for a better, technical explanation. The difficulty may be that you think you have provided that, when in fact you have not. 

 

Alternatively, the week delay in your reply may indeed be because you have been searching through the majority of my posts. 

__________________

HiFi   /   A/V   /   Bedroom

Native_bon's picture
Offline
Joined: 26 Nov 2008
Posts: 927
RE: Improve AV Amp 2 channel music for nothing.

BenLaw wrote:

Native_bon wrote:

BenLaw wrote:

It's not simple enough to understand for me. I repeat my point above:

 

BenLaw wrote:

Any change in volume is at the preamp stage. How else are you suggesting volume is changed?

Looked at most of your post on here seems ur just playing the fool. No surprise..

 

I don't know what you mean, all I've done is say I don't understand what you mean, I think you're wrong (tho no doubt well meaning) and ask for a better, technical explanation. The difficulty may be that you think you have provided that, when in fact you have not. 

 

Alternatively, the week delay in your reply may indeed be because you have been searching through the majority of my posts. 

Well I will ask the same question again have any of you tried what i said in the first post. If you have not then you you got no legs to stand. I have tired it time & time again. It does improve performance. Unless ur making this an arugement about stereo amp & an Av amp, then i will understand why u arugue blindly.

when you try this out for your self then come back & make your piont untill then, I think you got no leg to stand on. The week delay its cause i got a life &  am curently aboard working on a music production project.

I got alife other than this forum!!

__________________

No rules. If it sounds good to you it sounds Right!!.Transpor:t . Oppo BDP-105EU Blue ray player. DAC:Musical Fidelity V90. AMP: Arcam AVR450. SPEAKER'S: Boston acoustics M340.

 

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 6267
RE: Improve AV Amp 2 channel music for nothing.

1.  I'm very happy with my av setup and do not want to play around with the settings. I'm not overly fussed about stereo playback through that system as I have a separate setup for that. 

 

2. This is not about making an argument 'without a leg to stand on'. You will be well aware that people can perceive differences when they do not in fact exist. I suspect that may be happening here, which is why I questioned the technical explanation for this supposed phenomenon. You don't have one. Therefore, I prefer my (possibly wrong) understanding of how the volume level will work over your subjective and uninformed opinion. 

 

3. You claimed to have read 'most of my posts' over the last week. That would not be having a life. You also claim to have concluded that I 'play the fool' in most of them. I find this a bizarre conclusion. In reality, you lied about reading my posts and reaching the conclusion you did. This further damages your credibility. 

__________________

HiFi   /   A/V   /   Bedroom

Native_bon's picture
Offline
Joined: 26 Nov 2008
Posts: 927
RE: Improve AV Amp 2 channel music for nothing.

BenLaw wrote:

1.  I'm very happy with my av setup and do not want to play around with the settings. I'm not overly fussed about stereo playback through that system as I have a separate setup for that. 

 

2. This is not about making an argument 'without a leg to stand on'. You will be well aware that people can perceive differences when they do not in fact exist. I suspect that may be happening here, which is why I questioned the technical explanation for this supposed phenomenon. You don't have one. Therefore, I prefer my (possibly wrong) understanding of how the volume level will work over your subjective and uninformed opinion. 

 

3. You claimed to have read 'most of my posts' over the last week. That would not be having a life. You also claim to have concluded that I 'play the fool' in most of them. I find this a bizarre conclusion. In reality, you lied about reading my posts and reaching the conclusion you did. This further damages your credibility. 

I do not have to prove my credibility to anyone benlaw. you got your own mind you can think what you want. As far as am concern i have proven How this works yet.. you seem not to understand simple infromation. Thats not my fault if you fail to understand. We shall leave it for others to determine.

Yes i did go through your post cause your statements were not asking question nor giving an answer... That I found really weird.

Again I stand my first explaination. Again when you have tried what i said then come back to me.

Prove is in the hearing.

 

__________________

No rules. If it sounds good to you it sounds Right!!.Transpor:t . Oppo BDP-105EU Blue ray player. DAC:Musical Fidelity V90. AMP: Arcam AVR450. SPEAKER'S: Boston acoustics M340.

 

moon's picture
Offline
Joined: 10 Nov 2011
Posts: 871
RE: Improve AV Amp 2 channel music for nothing.

Native_bon wrote:

BenLaw wrote:

1.  I'm very happy with my av setup and do not want to play around with the settings. I'm not overly fussed about stereo playback through that system as I have a separate setup for that. 

 

2. This is not about making an argument 'without a leg to stand on'. You will be well aware that people can perceive differences when they do not in fact exist. I suspect that may be happening here, which is why I questioned the technical explanation for this supposed phenomenon. You don't have one. Therefore, I prefer my (possibly wrong) understanding of how the volume level will work over your subjective and uninformed opinion. 

 

3. You claimed to have read 'most of my posts' over the last week. That would not be having a life. You also claim to have concluded that I 'play the fool' in most of them. I find this a bizarre conclusion. In reality, you lied about reading my posts and reaching the conclusion you did. This further damages your credibility. 

I do not have to prove my credibility to anyone benlaw. you got your own mind you can think what you want. As far as am concern i have proven How this works yet.. you seem not to understand simple infromation. Thats not my fault if you fail to understand. We shall leave it for others to determine.

Yes i did go through your post cause your statements were not asking question nor giving an answer... That I found really weird.

Again I stand my first explaination. Again when you have tried what i said then come back to me.

Prove is in the hearing.

 

Aye Quest

__________________

 

ifor's picture
Offline
Joined: 3 Dec 2002
Posts: 946
RE: Improve AV Amp 2 channel music for nothing.

moon wrote:

Aye Quest

Is that supposed to be in agreement with Native Bon?

__________________

Source 1) "Inspired" Manticore Mantra turntable c/w Rega RB 301 arm, Goldring 1042 MM Cartridge, Graham Slee Reflex M phono stage, Graham Slee CuSat 50 interconnect

Source 2) Cyrus CD8 SE CD player

Source 3) iTunes (ALAC), iMac, Devolo Homeplugs, Apple TV3, Toslink, Arcam rDAC

Source 4) Technics SL-7 linear tracking turntable.

Source 5) Raspberry Pi / HiFiBerry Digi / Volumio feeding Arcam rDAC

Roksan Kandy L3 amp, Spendor A5 speakers.

Other rooms: more Airport Expresses and Homeplugs with Denon AV system and Denon Mini system. 

Craig M.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 20 Mar 2008
Posts: 2877
RE: Improve AV Amp 2 channel music for nothing.

Careful Ben...

__________________

Synology NAS + ATV2 > ADM9RS + AVI subwoofer

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 6267
RE: Improve AV Amp 2 channel music for nothing.

excellent! Yeah, I'd stopped, but thanks Craig  Smile

__________________

HiFi   /   A/V   /   Bedroom

moon's picture
Offline
Joined: 10 Nov 2011
Posts: 871
RE: Improve AV Amp 2 channel music for nothing.

ifor wrote:

moon wrote:

Aye Quest

Is that supposed to be in agreement with Native Bon?

No certainly not in agreement, more, just wondering what he/she is going on about.puzzled

__________________

 

ifor's picture
Offline
Joined: 3 Dec 2002
Posts: 946
RE: Improve AV Amp 2 channel music for nothing.

moon wrote:

ifor wrote:

moon wrote:

Aye Quest

Is that supposed to be in agreement with Native Bon?

No certainly not in agreement, more, just wondering what he/she is going on about.puzzled

Phew!  I was worried for a minute.

__________________

Source 1) "Inspired" Manticore Mantra turntable c/w Rega RB 301 arm, Goldring 1042 MM Cartridge, Graham Slee Reflex M phono stage, Graham Slee CuSat 50 interconnect

Source 2) Cyrus CD8 SE CD player

Source 3) iTunes (ALAC), iMac, Devolo Homeplugs, Apple TV3, Toslink, Arcam rDAC

Source 4) Technics SL-7 linear tracking turntable.

Source 5) Raspberry Pi / HiFiBerry Digi / Volumio feeding Arcam rDAC

Roksan Kandy L3 amp, Spendor A5 speakers.

Other rooms: more Airport Expresses and Homeplugs with Denon AV system and Denon Mini system.