14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Native_bon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 26/11/2008 - 10:58
Posts: 958
HELP PLEASE!! M-dac just stopped working..

This must be a really unlucky day for me. On the day I am suppose to order an upgrage for my power supply for my Audio lab M-dac it breaks down on me.. Got up this morning turned on the M-dac & all it says is LAKE.WEST.. Takes a long time to power up & would not respond to anything else... I have tried factory reset no luck.

Has anyone had this problem.. Please any suggestions.

  Thanx.

 OPPO 105EU, Arcam AVR450, Boston Acoustics M340. Dac: Musical fedility V90.

artist's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 12/03/2011 - 20:59
Posts: 7
RE: HELP PLEASE!! M-dac just stopped working..

Hi Native_bon,

Try the M-dac thread on Pinkfishmedia. 

John Westlake , the designer of the M- DAC,often solves users problems.

Regards,

Artist

cheeseboy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 7 hours ago
Joined: 17/07/2012 - 10:50
Posts: 1077
RE: HELP PLEASE!! M-dac just stopped working..

try a firmware upgrade, may kick it in to life.

Native_bon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 26/11/2008 - 10:58
Posts: 958
RE: HELP PLEASE!! M-dac just stopped working..

Thanx guys.. Will try the Upgrade path & see if that helps.

 OPPO 105EU, Arcam AVR450, Boston Acoustics M340. Dac: Musical fedility V90.

Native_bon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 26/11/2008 - 10:58
Posts: 958
RE: HELP PLEASE!! M-dac just stopped working..

I have tried software upgrade still no luck.. Looks like am on the way to 3weeks or more repair path :cry:

 OPPO 105EU, Arcam AVR450, Boston Acoustics M340. Dac: Musical fedility V90.

Overdose's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 08/02/2008 - 18:23
Posts: 3570
RE: HELP PLEASE!! M-dac just stopped working..

If the item is still under warranty or less than a year old, then return it for repair or refund. Do not try a self fix if the unit is under warranty unless the fix is under instruction from the manufacturer.

The unit is currently 'not fit for purpose'.

BigH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 1 hour ago
Joined: 29/12/2012 - 12:31
Posts: 3572
RE: HELP PLEASE!! M-dac just stopped working..

If less than 1 year old take it back to the retailer, do not get fobbed off with you have to contact the manufacturer, your contract is with the retailers. Sale Of Goods Act you have upto 6 years to claim, however after 1 year you will have to prove it was faulty. Upto 6 months you should get a replacement or refund after 6 months it is more of a grey area, repair etc.

Native_bon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 26/11/2008 - 10:58
Posts: 958
RE: HELP PLEASE!! M-dac just stopped working..

 Am going to ring up the shop & see what their say. Only had it for about 8 months now so am safe.

Would let you guys know weather  a replacement or repair time of 3 to 4 weeks wait.

Thanx

 OPPO 105EU, Arcam AVR450, Boston Acoustics M340. Dac: Musical fedility V90.

Native_bon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 26/11/2008 - 10:58
Posts: 958
RE: HELP PLEASE!! M-dac just stopped working..

Hey guys latest update.. I had a chat with John west at the Pink fish media forum.. He was very helpful & talked me throught the whole thing.. Said looks like the crystal in the unit is gone. Told me to call Audio lad tomorrow & speak to a Rob here in the uk...

This may lead to qiuck turn around for repairs or replacement.. Looking good. fingers cross.

 OPPO 105EU, Arcam AVR450, Boston Acoustics M340. Dac: Musical fedility V90.

Native_bon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 26/11/2008 - 10:58
Posts: 958
RE: HELP PLEASE!! M-dac just stopped working..

artist wrote:

Hi Native_bon,

Try the M-dac thread on Pinkfishmedia. 

John Westlake , the designer of the M- DAC,often solves users problems.

Regards,

Artist

 Thanx  for the info aritist.   Was of much help.. Cheers.

 OPPO 105EU, Arcam AVR450, Boston Acoustics M340. Dac: Musical fedility V90.

artist's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 12/03/2011 - 20:59
Posts: 7
RE: HELP PLEASE!! M-dac just stopped working..

You're welcome Native_bon,

You might be interested in the Mdac first listen thread on pinkfishmedia.

John Westlake is in the process of producing upgrades for the Mdac including power supplies,main board upgrade, mini amps etc.

Cheers,

Artist

 

 

Native_bon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 26/11/2008 - 10:58
Posts: 958
RE: HELP PLEASE!! M-dac just stopped working..

I would have a look into the upgrades for sure. I spoke with Audio lab in the uk this morning. I spoke to a Steve. Told him  about the problem... Coming to pick up the M-dac for repairs tomorrow. Very impressed with thier service so far.. at least I dnt have to go through the long process of sending it off to the shop. Am goin to look into the upgragde paths now.. Thanx again.

 OPPO 105EU, Arcam AVR450, Boston Acoustics M340. Dac: Musical fedility V90.

Overdose's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 08/02/2008 - 18:23
Posts: 3570
RE: HELP PLEASE!! M-dac just stopped working..

Native_bon wrote:

I would have a look into the upgrades for sure. I spoke with Audio lab in the uk this morning. I spoke to a Steve. Told him  about the problem... Coming to pick up the M-dac for repairs tomorrow. Very impressed with thier service so far.. at least I dnt have to go through the long process of sending it off to the shop. Am goin to look into the upgragde paths now.. Thanx again.

Depends on how far the shop is. You might have found that a replacement would have been given there and then.

Native_bon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 26/11/2008 - 10:58
Posts: 958
RE: HELP PLEASE!! M-dac just stopped working..

Overdose wrote:

Native_bon wrote:

I would have a look into the upgrades for sure. I spoke with Audio lab in the uk this morning. I spoke to a Steve. Told him  about the problem... Coming to pick up the M-dac for repairs tomorrow. Very impressed with thier service so far.. at least I dnt have to go through the long process of sending it off to the shop. Am goin to look into the upgragde paths now.. Thanx again.

Depends on how far the shop is. You might have found that a replacement would have been given there and then.

 Already phoned the shop.. Yes you guessed right... They would have had to send it for repairs as well...

 OPPO 105EU, Arcam AVR450, Boston Acoustics M340. Dac: Musical fedility V90.

Log in or register to post comments