First of all apologies for my ignorance regarding hifi questions. I am new to hifi systems and not a techie person at all.
I am planning to bulid a hif system at home. Nothing spectacular, just a low medium range system with floorstander speakers as my living room is quite big. the speakers will probabaly be the most expensive part of it so i was thining to get the Q Acoustics 2050i or mission MX3 ot Tannoy V4 as I saw good reviews here.
What I need then is an amplifier that meets the following requirements:
1. It can play music from Spotify or music stored in my PCs hard drive (as well as my old CDs and vynils so I would need to plug in a turntable and a cd player later on).
2. Ideally I would also like to play the internet music wirelessly (without wirng the PC to the amplifier) as I noticed that the jack connection in the PC is not very good and the sound quality out of it is not very good either.
3. Finally if the amplifier has a internet radio function that would be awesome (althoug this is more of a nice to have that a must have option)
Three questions for you:
1. How are this type of amplifiers called. I read names such as DAC, AV receivers, streamers and I do not know what is what so I am a bit confused here. What is the right term for this type of amplifiers?
2. What brands/models would you recommend that are not overly expensive (my budget would be 250-350 pounds) and fit well with floorstander speakers of the range above.
3. What do you think of the Pioneer VSX527. My local hifi shop has recommened it to me but I am not sure if that is a good option for me.
Thanks very much for your advise and sorry again fro my lack of knowledge here