Getting electric shock from Rotel RA931 Amp
Well, as above really, I'm getting a very very small electic shock from the metal facia of my amp. Amp works fine.
Its connected to a Squeezebox and a pair of B&W 601 speakers.
Any ideas what could cause this?
When the amp is ON, if I run my finger along the front metal fascia I can feel a very faint tingling feeling in my finger. I can't 'feel' it with a stationary finger. It feels exactly like the metal facia has a textured finish on it (but its actually smooth), but when turned OFF it feels very smooth. Hopefully that will give you an idea of how small the 'shock' is.
I can't detect it when touching the rest of the amp body, just the front fascia.
I'm turning it off at the mains overnight just as a precaution. I just don't want to damage the speakers as I love them!
Kit (minus squeezebox) was purchased second hand about 4 years ago and this is the first time I have noticed this.
Any help on what to check would be greatly appreciated.