24 posts / 0 new
Last post
admin's picture
Exposure 2010

What is the difference between the 2010 and the 2010s, anyone heard them to compare the difference?

huddo's picture
Re: Exposure 2010

From what I remember the 2010S has more power 75watts Vs 50watts and probably tweeked abit to give a better sound but there must be an Exposure fan or two who can give a more accurate reply

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
WhiteZombie:What is the difference between the 2010 and the 2010s, anyone heard them to compare the difference?

do you mean integrated amp or power amp? or cd player...

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture

sorry, i meant the integrated amp

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture

my previous amp was exposure 2010s. 2010s is better than 2010 in all aspect.

Thaiman's picture

The 2010 is better than the suffix S model to my ears.  The laster 2010s tend to sound a bit lightweight in comparison (and yes, I did compared them side by side).

If you like Naim house sound but can't afford the high asking price, try hunting down the early Exposure 2010 and you will be surprise how close to Naim's PRaTiness the Exposure can be (cd player included)

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture

I'm glad someone else thought this. Funnily enough I replaced a Naim set up (sold to go travelling) with an Exposure 2010 cd player and amp. I auditioned the 2010s in a shop and preferred the originals. I find it odd Exposure don't get more exposure. I was talking to the guys in the shop when I bought my Linn Kans and they said the same thing. Fantastic products (which probably is why I never see second-hand Exposure products coming up on ebay).

poldo's picture
RE: Hi-Fi

hi, i know this is a very old thread but I can get the 2010 amp +cd player for a very good price of 500 pounds. so 250 for amp and 250 for cd.

now what would be a nice speaker for a not so big room 20-25m2 to match this set?

i love rock music btw

oldric_naubhoff's picture

poldo wrote:

now what would be a nice speaker for a not so big room 20-25m2 to match this set?

i love rock music btw

Dynaudio DM 2/7s or others up the range if finances allow.

poldo's picture

budget is 1000 pounds, i can only acc. 50cm from speaker to backwall. Some people said the excite and focus need at least 70 cm - 1mtr.

plastic penguin's picture

poldo wrote:

budget is 1000 pounds, i can only acc. 50cm from speaker to backwall. Some people said the excite and focus need at least 70 cm - 1mtr.

Monitor Audio sound impressive with Exposure. The RS6s only need about 12-18" gap from back wall.

Amp; CDP; Turntable; Tuner; Speakers

oldric_naubhoff's picture

poldo wrote:

Some people said the excite and focus need at least 70 cm - 1mtr.

that's correct. I've got Focuses and can confirm. maybe ProAcs then? are they not front ported? and people seem to be satisfied with them.

poldo's picture

* iam sorry gotta disagree, i have owned the rs6 and it only sounded right from 80 cm + they were very fatiguing.

I had some demo's already, I absolutely disliked monitor audio and Totem because all of them were   fatiguing. B&W and PMC were very boring.

I did a good job with my AVI neutron 2.1, but the subwoofer is annoying because the speaker terminals are in the subwoofer , AVI ADM are not my cup of tea, loads of detail but almost no low end, subwoofer is a no-go I don't like a sub in my living room,  I have the ADM' s in my study room but in my living room I want some more low end.

I did demo my neutrons with the new exposure 2010s2 and it sounds fantastic, only problem, not enough low end grunt. I don't need much more but just a little.

Maybe the ProAC studio 115 would be a nice option.

but this is just speculating because I never heard them

But it was just scary how much better the AVI neutron 5 were against the totem mite. avi's were clear, clean and thight , the totems were boxy, slow in bass and harsh in the treble.

plastic penguin's picture

poldo wrote:

* iam sorry gotta disagree, i have owned the rs6 and it only sounded right from 80 cm + they were very fatiguing.

I had some demo's already, I absolutely disliked monitor audio and Totem because all of them were   fatiguing. B&W and PMC were very boring.

I did a good job with my AVI neutron 2.1, but the subwoofer is annoying because the speaker terminals are in the subwoofer , AVI ADM are not my cup of tea, loads of detail but almost no low end, subwoofer is a no-go I don't like a sub in my living room,  I have the ADM' s in my study room but in my living room I want some more low end.

I did demo my neutrons with the new exposure 2010s2 and it sounds fantastic, only problem, not enough low end grunt. I don't need much more but just a little.

Maybe the ProAC studio 115 would be a nice option.

but this is just speculating because I never heard them

But it was just scary how much better the AVI neutron 5 were against the totem mite. avi's were clear, clean and thight , the totems were boxy, slow in bass and harsh in the treble.

Certainly not been my experience of MA and Totem. I've had RS6s sitting here for four years. PMC boring??

If that's the case then try Focal - better still, go and listen to few pairs of your choice.

Amp; CDP; Turntable; Tuner; Speakers

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture

the dm 2/7s can be placed very close to walls with no issues, brilliant speakers...

poldo's picture

ik had the same problems with RS6 as you maxx with your rx6.

Ik trade them for the AVi Neutrons wich are miles better then the rs6. No boom and no harsh sound.

How big is you room maxx?

Pages