Have your say & ask the experts!

Even I have my limits.......

54 replies [Last post]
Joined: 27 May 2009
Posts: 2478
RE: Even I have my limits.......

The clock is good.science. The ticking is so annoying u turn the hifi volume right up and it sounds great.

__________________

Mordaunt Short Mezzo System C - 8,5,1,9.Yamaha V2065. SonyS570. Panasonic TX-P42G20B., Sky HD 1TB. Garrard 86SB. PF30. Wii. WDTV Live. Harmony One. STAX300. QED cabling. Galaxy Tab 10.1

System Photos - http://s1051.photobucket.com/user/robinkidderminster/library/?sort=3&page=1

 Base trap Project -  http://www.whathifi.com/forum/home-cinema/corner-base-trap-completed-project?page=1

mr malarky's picture
Offline
Joined: 4 Apr 2009
Posts: 908
RE: Even I have my limits.......

RobinKidderminster wrote:

The clock is good.science. The ticking is so annoying u turn the hifi volume right up and it sounds great.

If that's how it works then I don't need the clock - mrs m already performs a similar function...

__________________

Lounge: Panasonic TX-P60ZT65B (calibrated), Pioneer SC-LX75, Denon DBP-2012, Sky-HD1TB, PS4, Xbox 360, Apple-TV, Atacama Equinox AV stand, Monitor Audio Silver RX8, RXC, RX-FX, RXW-12, Anti-Mode 8033c Sub EQ. Kitchen: Pioneer XC-HM81, Monitor Audio Bronze BX2. Bedroom: Samsung UE37D6510, Samsung BD-C5900, Sky-HD, Pioneer N-50, Rotel RC-03 (pre-amp), Rotel RB-9708X (power-amp), Mordaunt-Short MS914

kmlav's picture
Offline
Joined: 28 Jun 2009
Posts: 205
RE: Even I have my limits.......

I suggested to my missis that I got some of these and she gave me a stoney stare

__________________

 

Hi Fi - Cyrus Stream XP,  Cyrus Pre DAC QX, 2 Cyrus X Power in mono with PSX-r

AV - Arcam AVR 450 ARCAM BDP 300, Apple TV , Rel T2

Speakers - PMC Twenty 22 , PMC Twenty 21 ,KEF R200c

Wires - Chord Signature digital interconects, Chord Signature Speaker Cable,  Chord Signature Tuned Aray Analouge interconects, Russ Anderws Power Max Plus Mains Leads

Home Office-  Cyrus Streamline , Cyrus 8QX DAC ,Chord Signature Speaker Cable, KEF r100

mr malarky's picture
Offline
Joined: 4 Apr 2009
Posts: 908
RE: Even I have my limits.......

I just feel sorry for the poor scientists at CERN, spending billions of pounds looking for dark matter in a tunnel under the Swiss alps, when all along it was available to buy online in a little bottle for just $99!

http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina51.htm

__________________

Lounge: Panasonic TX-P60ZT65B (calibrated), Pioneer SC-LX75, Denon DBP-2012, Sky-HD1TB, PS4, Xbox 360, Apple-TV, Atacama Equinox AV stand, Monitor Audio Silver RX8, RXC, RX-FX, RXW-12, Anti-Mode 8033c Sub EQ. Kitchen: Pioneer XC-HM81, Monitor Audio Bronze BX2. Bedroom: Samsung UE37D6510, Samsung BD-C5900, Sky-HD, Pioneer N-50, Rotel RC-03 (pre-amp), Rotel RB-9708X (power-amp), Mordaunt-Short MS914

kmlav's picture
Offline
Joined: 28 Jun 2009
Posts: 205
RE: Even I have my limits.......

The work best with rock music , the rolling stones never sounded so good

__________________

 

Hi Fi - Cyrus Stream XP,  Cyrus Pre DAC QX, 2 Cyrus X Power in mono with PSX-r

AV - Arcam AVR 450 ARCAM BDP 300, Apple TV , Rel T2

Speakers - PMC Twenty 22 , PMC Twenty 21 ,KEF R200c

Wires - Chord Signature digital interconects, Chord Signature Speaker Cable,  Chord Signature Tuned Aray Analouge interconects, Russ Anderws Power Max Plus Mains Leads

Home Office-  Cyrus Streamline , Cyrus 8QX DAC ,Chord Signature Speaker Cable, KEF r100

mogsie's picture
Offline
Joined: 29 Jul 2013
Posts: 17
RE: Even I have my limits.......

all created by some guy called geoff kait, apparently he got sick of all the BS surrounding hifi products and their claims that he created all these bogus products, but it all seems to have gotten out of hand as some people claim that he is ripping people off ! ( if they are stupid enough to buy!) and there is some websites that have done product reviews, all seems bizarre, not sure if they are being serious or not ??? 

anyways good for a giggle !

Sospri's picture
Offline
Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 351
RE: Even I have my limits.......

Why all the deision, its obvious that anyone with half a brain cell can see that the pebble device actally disipates any vibration in the cables theeby enhancing ones listening experiance to ones Hi Fi.

You lot should stict to your amstrads, Hmm..................

 

Disgusted

Tunbridge Wells..............

Joined: 20 Oct 2010
Posts: 5108
RE: Even I have my limits.......

mogsie wrote:

all created by some guy called geoff kait, apparently he got sick of all the BS surrounding hifi products and their claims that he created all these bogus products, but it all seems to have gotten out of hand as some people claim that he is ripping people off ! ( if they are stupid enough to buy!) and there is some websites that have done product reviews, all seems bizarre, not sure if they are being serious or not ??? 

anyways good for a giggle !

If people are stupid enough to fall for it, then they deserve to be pennyless. 

I'm really moving rapidly to the "We're all being made mugs of" camp, 

__________________

LOUNGE:  Panasonic TX-P50GT50 (is poorly) / Panasonic DMP-BDT120 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Dali Zensor 3 (front) / Dali Zensor Vokal (centre) / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition (rear) / Q Acoustics1000Si (sub) / Roksan Radius 5.2 / Ortofon Super OM20 Cartridge / Sky HD / WD My Book Live 2TB / Seagate Expansion 2TB / Nintendo Wii / Tacima CS-929 

BEDROOM:  Samsung LE32C450 / Sony BDP-S360 / Echostar HDS-600RS / Netgear WNCE2001

steve_1979's picture
Offline
Joined: 14 Jul 2010
Posts: 3783
RE: Even I have my limits.......

mr malarky wrote:

I just feel sorry for the poor scientists at CERN, spending billions of pounds looking for dark matter in a tunnel under the Swiss alps, when all along it was available to buy online in a little bottle for just $99!

http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina51.htm

So dark matter is really a green liquid...

 

That one would be funnier if he was just selling selling empty bottles because (theoretically) dark matter is invisible and doesn't interact with regular matter in any way other than gravity.

__________________

PC > AVI Neutron Five 2.1

Sony NWZ-A847 64GB Walkman > Westone UM3x

steve_1979's picture
Offline
Joined: 14 Jul 2010
Posts: 3783
RE: Even I have my limits.......

kmlav wrote:

The work best with rock music , the rolling stones never sounded so good

They sound even better if you get stoned first (which is probably true).

__________________

PC > AVI Neutron Five 2.1

Sony NWZ-A847 64GB Walkman > Westone UM3x

kmlav's picture
Offline
Joined: 28 Jun 2009
Posts: 205
RE: Even I have my limits.......

These are my top 3 listening experience improvements

1. Comfy Sofa

2. Glass of wine

3. Log fire 

Combine these things with some decent tunes and you will be in a happy place, note for afternoons the wine can be replaced by a nice cup of tea. 

__________________

 

Hi Fi - Cyrus Stream XP,  Cyrus Pre DAC QX, 2 Cyrus X Power in mono with PSX-r

AV - Arcam AVR 450 ARCAM BDP 300, Apple TV , Rel T2

Speakers - PMC Twenty 22 , PMC Twenty 21 ,KEF R200c

Wires - Chord Signature digital interconects, Chord Signature Speaker Cable,  Chord Signature Tuned Aray Analouge interconects, Russ Anderws Power Max Plus Mains Leads

Home Office-  Cyrus Streamline , Cyrus 8QX DAC ,Chord Signature Speaker Cable, KEF r100

steve_1979's picture
Offline
Joined: 14 Jul 2010
Posts: 3783
RE: Even I have my limits.......

BenLaw wrote:

For some people, a lot of the aftermarket products you believe work are in the same category as these products (products that objectively can't have an effect, albeit a user may subjectively experience one), so the questions had a serious basis. Perhaps just answer the first one for me?

This is a very good point Cno.

 

We can all see that these magic pebbles will not really effect the sound because science and logic tells us so. But science and logic also tells us that magic speaker cables* are pointless and 24bit/192kHz music won't sound better than 16bit/44.1kHz music (unless mastered differently). Yet audiophools are happy to believe in audiophile speaker cables and excessively high rez music files. Why is this? Is it just because they don't understand the science involved?

 

 

*although in some very extreme cases where the cables have an excessively high capacitance or inductance they can effect the tone by causing phase distortion.

__________________

PC > AVI Neutron Five 2.1

Sony NWZ-A847 64GB Walkman > Westone UM3x

CnoEvil's picture
Offline
Joined: 21 Aug 2009
Posts: 11994
RE: Even I have my limits.......

steve_1979 wrote:

BenLaw wrote:

For some people, a lot of the aftermarket products you believe work are in the same category as these products (products that objectively can't have an effect, albeit a user may subjectively experience one), so the questions had a serious basis. Perhaps just answer the first one for me?

This is a very good point Cno.

We can all see that these magic pebbles will not really effect the sound because science and logic tells us so. But science and logic also tells us that magic speaker cables* are pointless and 24bit/192kHz music won't sound better than 16bit/44.1kHz music (unless mastered differently). Yet audiophools are happy to believe in audiophile speaker cables and excessively high rez music files. Why is this? Is it just because they don't understand the science involved?

Well there you go......logic you can't argue with.......argument closed.  shifty

 

__________________

"Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again."  André Gide

steve_1979's picture
Offline
Joined: 14 Jul 2010
Posts: 3783
RE: Even I have my limits.......

CnoEvil wrote:
.......argument closed.  shifty

Never!

Mwhahaha! twisted

__________________

PC > AVI Neutron Five 2.1

Sony NWZ-A847 64GB Walkman > Westone UM3x

mogsie's picture
Offline
Joined: 29 Jul 2013
Posts: 17
RE: Even I have my limits.......

steve_1979 wrote:

BenLaw wrote:

For some people, a lot of the aftermarket products you believe work are in the same category as these products (products that objectively can't have an effect, albeit a user may subjectively experience one), so the questions had a serious basis. Perhaps just answer the first one for me?

This is a very good point Cno.

 

We can all see that these magic pebbles will not really effect the sound because science and logic tells us so. But science and logic also tells us that magic speaker cables* are pointless and 24bit/192kHz music won't sound better than 16bit/44.1kHz music (unless mastered differently). Yet audiophools are happy to believe in audiophile speaker cables and excessively high rez music files. Why is this? Is it just because they don't understand the science involved?

 

 

*although in some very extreme cases where the cables have an excessively high capacitance or inductance they can effect the tone by causing phase distortion.

 

reading all this makes me wonder to what extent the placebo effect could have to play in this ? if somebody genuinly believes it is improving sound quality will they believe they are hearing it ?