70 posts / 0 new
Last post
floyd droid's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 05/09/2008 - 17:39
Posts: 2755
RE: Dynavector 10x5

jcarruthers wrote:

Hmmmm I'm torn between one of these or a Goldring 10xx now…

Having not heard either…

Guess both will be a huge upgrade from the 2M Red 

A panel pin would be a huge upgrade from that nugget.

stevebrock's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 19 hours ago
Joined: 13/11/2009 - 11:16
Posts: 3933
RE: Dynavector 10x5

Thats what I meant Keith

Kids are in garden in the pool, yep spinning vinyl, even Missus is impressed

10x5 ordered from Analogue Seducton - get yours back by the end of the week!

 

Michell / Icon Audio / Kudos

 

floyd droid's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 05/09/2008 - 17:39
Posts: 2755
RE: Dynavector 10x5

stevebrock wrote:

Thats what I meant Keith

Kids are in garden in the pool, yep spinning vinyl, even Missus is impressed

10x5 ordered from Analogue Seducton - get yours back by the end of the week!

 

 

Is it a 2 piece special now ?  ROFL

Its been a pleasure to help you out mate. Spirit of the wam on whatsahifi. 

 

Oh is she ?. Blimey nows the time tae get at her ankles like a terrier , but in a nice way. Something along the lines of phono stage phono stage phono stage. Or when she is asleep tonight just keep whispering it in her lughole , it will sink in. 

Then hey presto , she will buy a new handbag ,lol.

stevebrock's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 19 hours ago
Joined: 13/11/2009 - 11:16
Posts: 3933
RE: Dynavector 10x5

Quote:

Is it a 2 piece special now ?

nah! Just running it in a bit for ya! ROFL

Michell / Icon Audio / Kudos

 

floyd droid's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 05/09/2008 - 17:39
Posts: 2755
RE: Dynavector 10x5

Hang onto it until yer newbie turns up mate then you can do a straight swap. Then you start again because it will sound somewhat different for a few hrs. 

Bonus is though , you have the settings that suit your lugholes . Jobs a good un.

CJSF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 2 hours ago
Joined: 25/05/2011 - 19:24
Posts: 2026
RE: Dynavector 10x5

Bogester wrote:

Thanks, steve, the 10x5 is definitely a contender for my next cartridge. But do you need a spacer under the tonearm to get the best out of it, or will it cope just fine without one? Another cartridge on my list is the Ortofon 2M Black. A number of reviews have suggested that it's a little warmer than the 2M Blue, so it might just be what I'm looking for. I'd be interested to hear from anyone running a 2M Black on an RP6 on whether they're a good match.

Cheers

Bogester

 

Ran an M2 Black in my modified P5 for a while, one was looking for a replcement for the M2 Blue.  The Black is analitical to a falt, you want detail, crisp, tight, you will find it in the black . . . musical it aint, I soon lost interest.  The 10x5 was next on the list, then I happend to run into the 'Pearwood Celibration Sumiko', the rest is history, as 'Floyd D' will confirm.

CJSF

stevebrock's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 19 hours ago
Joined: 13/11/2009 - 11:16
Posts: 3933
RE: Dynavector 10x5

CJSF wrote:

Bogester wrote:

Thanks, steve, the 10x5 is definitely a contender for my next cartridge. But do you need a spacer under the tonearm to get the best out of it, or will it cope just fine without one? Another cartridge on my list is the Ortofon 2M Black. A number of reviews have suggested that it's a little warmer than the 2M Blue, so it might just be what I'm looking for. I'd be interested to hear from anyone running a 2M Black on an RP6 on whether they're a good match.

Cheers

Bogester

 

Ran an M2 Black in my modified P5 for a while, one was looking for a replcement for the M2 Blue.  The Black is analitical to a falt, you want detail, crisp, tight, you will find it in the black . . . musical it aint, I soon lost interest.  The 10x5 was next on the list, then I happend to run into the 'Pearwood Celibration Sumiko', the rest is history, as 'Floyd D' will confirm.

CJSF

Expensive game init!

 

Michell / Icon Audio / Kudos

 

floyd droid's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 05/09/2008 - 17:39
Posts: 2755
RE: Dynavector 10x5

Steve. Even though earlier I posted ' you have the settings' dont just bolt it on , 'as is'.

Go through the procedure from scratch. The new cart could be a slighly different weight and the supplied bolts will be so for sure.

 

 

stevebrock's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 19 hours ago
Joined: 13/11/2009 - 11:16
Posts: 3933
RE: Dynavector 10x5

floyd droid wrote:

Steve. Even though earlier I posted ' you have the settings' dont just bolt it on , 'as is'.

Go through the procedure from scratch. The new cart could be a slighly different weight and the supplied bolts will be so for sure.

 

 

Yeah i gathered as much, tolerance, compliance etc etc

 

Michell / Icon Audio / Kudos

 

floyd droid's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 05/09/2008 - 17:39
Posts: 2755
RE: Dynavector 10x5

CJSF wrote:

  The 10x5 was next on the list, then I happend to run into the 'Pearwood Celibration Sumiko', the rest is history, as 'Floyd D' will confirm.

CJSF

Indeed I can . Nice to see you lob a post up CJ. I still look around now and again for a Pearwood thats been twa**ed. Because if I find one you know exactly where its next port of call will be.

stevebrock's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 19 hours ago
Joined: 13/11/2009 - 11:16
Posts: 3933
RE: Dynavector 10x5

Quote:

'Pearwood Celibration Sumiko'

How much? WTF? I better keep my feet on the ground!


Michell / Icon Audio / Kudos

 

CJSF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 2 hours ago
Joined: 25/05/2011 - 19:24
Posts: 2026
RE: Dynavector 10x5

stevebrock wrote:

Quote:

'Pearwood Celibration Sumiko'

How much? WTF? I better keep my feet on the ground!


Sorry Steve, its an 'arm and a leg' new, but find one that is worn out, a friendly dealer perhaps . . . ???? reimbers him for the trade-in he gave, have it re tiped at NW Analogue, you have a peach of a cartridge.  Only problem is the MC step up required.  I serched around and found an old MC transformer with veriable load.  Takes time, patience and dedication I surpose :? . . . the 10x5 is a good'un.

CJSF

floyd droid's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 05/09/2008 - 17:39
Posts: 2755
RE: Dynavector 10x5

stevebrock wrote:
How much? WTF? I better keep my feet on the ground
 

 

Pah , a mere snip at the price Steve. 

Check some of the Koetsus , not the cheap as chips Blacks go up the ladder. You can of course have one made to your own specs !!.

Soundsmith Strain Guage ( fully loaded ). Dont wet yer pants but its way over 5k in its base form alone.

Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement. Erm roughly 9k to you Steve.

Gawd theres loads out there at stupid money mate. But theres a market and they sell em .

 

They all look the same bounced mind  :grin:

stevebrock's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 19 hours ago
Joined: 13/11/2009 - 11:16
Posts: 3933
RE: Dynavector 10x5

Quote:

Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement.

my missus would love that - bit of bling & diamente


Michell / Icon Audio / Kudos

 

CJSF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 2 hours ago
Joined: 25/05/2011 - 19:24
Posts: 2026
RE: Thanks to Floyd Droid - Dynavector 10x5

stevebrock wrote:

Quote:

So keep the brio and get a new cart?

Amp on the back burner for minute

I have also gone back to copper speaker cable too, so much nicer sounding over Rumour (silver plate)


 

You be carfull what you say Steve, 'prefering copper cable' is herecy on here mate . . . :read:

CJSF

Pages

Log in or register to post comments