95 posts / 0 new
Last post
DIB's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 21/05/2009 - 21:07
Posts: 2372
RE: Creek - what happened to...

When the new models were announced in Spring last year the RRP suggested was £550 for both the 50A and 50D, and I think about £350 for the DAC. When they do finally arrive, albeit 6 months later than planned, I've not read anything to suggest that the original pricing has changed.

 

.

Creek/ProJect/SBT/Epos

Cypher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 08/06/2007 - 06:45
Posts: 1423
RE: Creek - what happened to...

In France the 50A amplifier costs 850 euros.

NHL's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 12/11/2009 - 07:57
Posts: 544
RE: Creek - what happened to...

Cut n paste from their new site: 

 

"Price £550 in the UK, including sales tax."

L00k_C's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/12/2012 - 11:16
Posts: 238
RE: Creek - what happened to...

DIB wrote:

When the new models were announced in Spring last year the RRP suggested was £550 for both the 50A and 50D, and I think about £350 for the DAC. When they do finally arrive, albeit 6 months later than planned, I've not read anything to suggest that the original pricing has changed.

 

are you happy with the 5350?

I have an offer to buy used at 700 euros or shall I wait for the new amp?

 

thanks

DIB's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 21/05/2009 - 21:07
Posts: 2372
RE: Creek - what happened to...

L00k_C wrote:

DIB wrote:

When the new models were announced in Spring last year the RRP suggested was £550 for both the 50A and 50D, and I think about £350 for the DAC. When they do finally arrive, albeit 6 months later than planned, I've not read anything to suggest that the original pricing has changed.

 

are you happy with the 5350?

I have an offer to buy used at 700 euros or shall I wait for the new amp?

 

thanks

 

Absolutely!  Best amp I've owned but for a long time way out of my price range. Then I saw them being sold new at a touch over half price by Lintone Audio and I took the plunge.

 

Whether you should buy a used 5350 instead of a new 50A I cannot say. Do you have a chance to demo the used 5350 first to check out whether its for you?

 

 

.

Creek/ProJect/SBT/Epos

L00k_C's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/12/2012 - 11:16
Posts: 238
RE: Creek - what happened to...

DIB wrote:

L00k_C wrote:

DIB wrote:

When the new models were announced in Spring last year the RRP suggested was £550 for both the 50A and 50D, and I think about £350 for the DAC. When they do finally arrive, albeit 6 months later than planned, I've not read anything to suggest that the original pricing has changed.

 

are you happy with the 5350?

I have an offer to buy used at 700 euros or shall I wait for the new amp?

 

thanks

 

Absolutely!  Best amp I've owned but for a long time way out of my price range. Then I saw them being sold new at a touch over half price by Lintone Audio and I took the plunge.

 

Whether you should buy a used 5350 instead of a new 50A I cannot say. Do you have a chance to demo the used 5350 first to check out whether its for you?

 

 

I have audtioned it with KEF  LS50. AMazing!!! have you just bought it...at around 650 pounds from linn? (silver?) Smile

DIB's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 21/05/2009 - 21:07
Posts: 2372
RE: Creek - what happened to...

Lintone, yes thats right.

 

 

.

Creek/ProJect/SBT/Epos

Ajani's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 09/04/2008 - 16:50
Posts: 819
RE: Creek - what happened to...

What I'd love to know is whether the Evolution 50A is a replacement for the Evo 2 or a new line of cheaper products from Creek. The Evo 50A is cheaper and lower powered, so it could be a new line, but it also seems to have more premium features than the EVO 2 (like balanced inputs).

NHL's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 12/11/2009 - 07:57
Posts: 544
RE: Creek - what happened to...

So, where can we find some in depth review of the Evolution 50A?

DIB's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 21/05/2009 - 21:07
Posts: 2372
RE: Creek - what happened to...

Well Hi-Fi Choice stated in the February issue that the first review of the 50A amp would be in the March issue. That duly arrived in the post today but no review of the Creek sadly. Maybe it's been delayed again.

 

 

.

Creek/ProJect/SBT/Epos

Diamond Joe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 01/03/2008 - 14:35
Posts: 1302
RE: Creek - what happened to...

Apparently HiFi Choice (which I believe is a rival magazine publication, although I've never read it  :shifty: ) have a review in their March edition, out this week.

 

Edit: Oh EDITED! I really must read other posts before I shoot my mouth off, durrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

paulsue38's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 4 days ago
Joined: 26/03/2010 - 09:51
Posts: 177
RE: Creek - what happened to...

The review is due in the April edition on sale 7th March (or earlier for subscribers like myself! ) My March edition arrived today. In an advert for the forthcoming review it does describe the Creek as a 'Superb mid priced amp' For those that are interested this months mag also has a first look at a new pair of large Spendor floorstanders called the D7. They look to be one range up from the A series and it is also reviewed next month. Finally, they are also looking at the Arcam 19

Paul

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: Creek - what happened to...

Hi there,

 

i saw the 50a yesterday at the German "Norddeutsche Hifitage 2013" in Hamburg. It's a well solid built amp and i do like the new design. I just could take a short look at him during a demo. As far i know the 50A replaces (or follows) the evo 2. The 50A is supposed to be available around mid february at local dealers here in Germany priced at 850 Euros. The 50D is announced for may.

 

Regards Dennis

NHL's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 12/11/2009 - 07:57
Posts: 544
RE: Creek - what happened to...

Marked as in stock now

 

http://www.concept-av.co.uk/shop/hi-fi-equipment/creek-audio/evolution-50a.aspx


NHL's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 12/11/2009 - 07:57
Posts: 544
RE: Creek - what happened to...

Anyone got hold of the April HiFi Choice edition with the review?

Pages

Log in or register to post comments