156 posts / 0 new
Last post
BigColz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 18/06/2012 - 14:57
Posts: 304
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

CnoEvil wrote:

BigColz wrote:

I just bought the TQ black speaker cable.. May win matching I/Cs in a couple hours though. Seems so far so good  :cheer:

They also do a very nice Blue P/C, which won HFW best power cable in their recent awards!  >)

 

Haha cheers Cno.. I'm sure it's great but I strongly believe in the theory of relativity  Wink I can't justify spending the same on one power cable than on I/C S/C and jumper cable combined. I'm yet to try the Russ Andrews power cable. Something for the week I think

CnoEvil's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 21/08/2009 - 18:01
Posts: 12389
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

BigColz wrote:

May win matching I/Cs in a couple hours though. Seems so far so good  :cheer:

Did you get them?

 

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

BigColz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 18/06/2012 - 14:57
Posts: 304
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

CnoEvil wrote:

BigColz wrote:

May win matching I/Cs in a couple hours though. Seems so far so good  :cheer:

Did you get them?

 

 

I got mixed up its Sunday 6pm not Saturday..  :doh:

CnoEvil's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 21/08/2009 - 18:01
Posts: 12389
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

BigColz wrote:

CnoEvil wrote:

BigColz wrote:

May win matching I/Cs in a couple hours though. Seems so far so good  :cheer:

Did you get them?

I got mixed up its Sunday 6pm not Saturday..  :doh:

Well somebody got them.....was it you?

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

BigColz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 18/06/2012 - 14:57
Posts: 304
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

:read:

CnoEvil wrote:

BigColz wrote:

CnoEvil wrote:

BigColz wrote:

May win matching I/Cs in a couple hours though. Seems so far so good  :cheer:

Did you get them?

I got mixed up its Sunday 6pm not Saturday..  :doh:

Well somebody got them.....was it you?

 

Naa not me. In a way I wanted them, in a (sensible) way I didn't.. Got a lot on my financial plate this month plus would like to let the cables settle and do more tests before trying I/Cs.. Got the speakers till next weekend do ill enjoy them before justifying that purchase Wink

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

The new Tellurium Q patented "Waveform" (patent applied for in UK, number:1223346.6) digital cable has already sold out after only two weeks.

And a new speaker cable which is placed above the Tellurium Q "Graphite" is now in production it has been named Tellurium Q "Black Diamond" We have had good feed back on both from customers here and abroad using either "Tube Technology" and "Solid State". The speaker cable range is:- Blue, Black, Green, Ultra Black, Graphite, Black Diamond. All except Blue must be factory terminated.

 

Vizzage's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 1 day ago
Joined: 01/08/2009 - 19:10
Posts: 103
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

Thread hijack alert: how do they compare to ortofon spk300, anyone?

ISAC69's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 hours ago
Joined: 13/03/2012 - 17:55
Posts: 720
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

Hi 

 

Just received today my TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels first  the sound was somehow odd and inconsistent but after an hour the sound  

was amazing : spacious , rich and detailed . this cabels are very neutral and completely natural . it is a big improvement comapre my old Chord Carnival SilverScreen cabels .  

 

Hi Fi : Proac Studio 140MK2 / Rotel RC 1580 / Rotel RB 1582 / Rotel RCD 1520 / B&W P7 / Tellurium Q & WireWorld cables   

 

CnoEvil's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 21/08/2009 - 18:01
Posts: 12389
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

ISAC69 wrote:

Hi 

Just received today my TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels first  the sound was somehow odd and inconsistent but after an hour the sound  was amazing : spacious , rich and detailed . this cabels are very neutral and completely natural . it is a big improvement comapre my old Chord Carnival SilverScreen cabels .  

I'm glad you are happy with your choice.

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

antskip's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 09/12/2011 - 20:52
Posts: 42
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK?

ISAC69 wrote:

Hi -Just received today my TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels first  the sound was somehow odd and inconsistent but after an hour the sound  

was amazing : spacious , rich and detailed . this cabels are very neutral and completely natural . it is a big improvement comapre my old Chord Carnival SilverScreen cabels . 

Congratulations on your purchase! I found the TQ Blacks really do need some serious settling-in time. If they sound good so early, they must like your system, and they will get much better yet as time goes by, so you are in for a treat! I found them amazingly transparent/neutral, and give wonderful detail.

ISAC69's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 hours ago
Joined: 13/03/2012 - 17:55
Posts: 720
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK?

After 2 weeks of using the TELLURIUM Q BLACK I found out that : first , the system might be toם revealing : poor recording productions are obvious imedietly so many CDs can not be heard anymore ,in the contrary when the recording productions are good the sound is stunning .

Second , this cables are revealing immediately a weakness in the system chain it became obvious that  my  Mission MX5 speakers are not good speakers enuogh (too restrained and poor in revealing details) I am replacing them for the PROAC 140 MK2 .

Before buying this cables you have to take into consideration that the  TELLURIUM Q BLACK are merciless with poor recordings and weak components in your hi fi system . be aware !

 

Hi Fi : Proac Studio 140MK2 / Rotel RC 1580 / Rotel RB 1582 / Rotel RCD 1520 / B&W P7 / Tellurium Q & WireWorld cables   

 

antskip's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 09/12/2011 - 20:52
Posts: 42
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK? RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK?

ISAC69 wrote:
Before buying this cables you have to take into consideration that the  TELLURIUM Q BLACK are merciless with poor recordings and weak components in your hi fi system . be aware !

I had a similar experience, and replaced/upgraded TQ Blacks with/to TQ Greens. Given the right hardware and sources the Blacks are brilliant. The Greens add the ability to deal with imperfection as well as the perfect - and have added depth and musicality. I found the extra cost completely worth it.

BigH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 48 min ago
Joined: 29/12/2012 - 12:31
Posts: 3566
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK?

ISAC69 wrote:

After 2 weeks of using the TELLURIUM Q BLACK I found out that : first , the system might be toם revealing : poor recording productions are obvious imedietly so many CDs can not be heard anymore ,in the contrary when the recording productions are good the sound is stunning .

Second , this cables are revealing immediately a weakness in the system chain it became obvious that  my  Mission MX5 speakers are not good speakers enuogh (too restrained and poor in revealing details) I am replacing them for the PROAC 140 MK2 .

Before buying this cables you have to take into consideration that the  TELLURIUM Q BLACK are merciless with poor recordings and weak components in your hi fi system . be aware !

 

 

Expensive cables then.

CnoEvil's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 21/08/2009 - 18:01
Posts: 12389
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK? RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK?

antskip wrote:

I had a similar experience, and replaced/upgraded TQ Blacks with/to TQ Greens. Given the right hardware and sources the Blacks are brilliant. The Greens add the ability to deal with imperfection as well as the perfect - and have added depth and musicality. I found the extra cost completely worth it.

IMO. This is good advice.

In my response on the 2nd post of this thread, I noted that they "wouldn't hide a  problem"..........The Green are more forgiving.

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

ellisdj's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 13 min ago
Joined: 11/12/2008 - 17:55
Posts: 1381
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

Should have bought the Slee Spatias and save £100 + more on needing new kit .... all the benefits, none of the side effects - great cable

Meridian 861 V4 LPSU, HD621, Bryston 9BSST - GIK Acoustics

Monitor Audio PL100, GXC 150, GXFX, SVS SB13 ULTRA

Custom Audio PC LPSU + Batts, JPLAY, JCAT and PPA Studio

Panny 65VT65, Marantz UD7007, Graham Slee Cables, Isotek, XLO

Pages

Log in or register to post comments