156 posts / 0 new
Last post
stevebrock's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 17 hours ago
Joined: 13/11/2009 - 11:16
Posts: 3873
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

ifor wrote:

I haven't, but I know they are very highly rated.  I also know that people who rate them highly have been very impressed with these http://www.gspaudio.co.uk/spatia-speaker-cable.htm

 

Ive ot some being sent for free home demo!

 

Michell / Icon Audio / Kudos

 

CnoEvil's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 21/08/2009 - 18:01
Posts: 12082
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

BigColz wrote:

I 'think' that powerline adapters aren't the issue when sending data through the wire, it's the wireless transmitters that can cause issues.. I have a wireless booster in my room with 3 ethernet ports so I will hardwire my Mac, xbox, streamer once I have my NAS.. If I had all shielded cables this should prevent any airborn noise. I will e-mial this guy too and see what he says.. Just found this when I googled, pretty comprehensive.. Whether its all gospel is another thing but makes some pretty valid points and suggestions to lower AC noise..

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/manufacture/0712/index.html

Exactly!

You either buy into all this stuff or you don't. The only way is to try it out and see what makes a difference.

IME A bit of research followed by experimentation is the key......always remain skeptical, but still open to the possibility.

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

BigColz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 2 months ago
Joined: 18/06/2012 - 14:57
Posts: 304
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

CnoEvil wrote:

BigColz wrote:

I 'think' that powerline adapters aren't the issue when sending data through the wire, it's the wireless transmitters that can cause issues.. I have a wireless booster in my room with 3 ethernet ports so I will hardwire my Mac, xbox, streamer once I have my NAS.. If I had all shielded cables this should prevent any airborn noise. I will e-mial this guy too and see what he says.. Just found this when I googled, pretty comprehensive.. Whether its all gospel is another thing but makes some pretty valid points and suggestions to lower AC noise..

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/manufacture/0712/index.html

Exactly!

You either buy into all this stuff or you don't. The only way is to try it out and see what makes a difference.

IME A bit of research followed by experimentation is the key......always remain skeptical, but still open to the possibility.

 

Yeah for sure.. I certainly will look into this but not until I have sent my streamer off for repair, got it back, got used too speaker cables and interconnect (possibly new speakers) and let it settle and my ears get used to it.. Just got home dem of ProAc Response twos for Friday so can do side by side comparisons and see if the tweeter is causing it! Be interesting too see.. If i love them I can get them at trade too (I can do the same for you if you keep it hush  Wink ) :cheers: 

CnoEvil's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 21/08/2009 - 18:01
Posts: 12082
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

BigColz wrote:

If i love them I can get them at trade too (I can do the same for you if you keep it hush  Wink ) :cheers: 

:silenced:

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

ifor's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 9 hours ago
Joined: 03/12/2002 - 11:54
Posts: 959
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

stevebrock wrote:

ifor wrote:

I haven't, but I know they are very highly rated.  I also know that people who rate them highly have been very impressed with these http://www.gspaudio.co.uk/spatia-speaker-cable.htm

 

Ive ot some being sent for free home demo!

 

Let us know what you think.
acalex's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 13/09/2011 - 11:48
Posts: 1592
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

The tellurium Q gets much better every time you upgrade. The jump from the Ultra Black to the Graphite is like  :O

BigColz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 2 months ago
Joined: 18/06/2012 - 14:57
Posts: 304
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

acalex wrote:

The tellurium Q gets much better every time you upgrade. The jump from the Ultra Black to the Graphite is like  :O

 

But are they 10 x better than the blacks???? Because they're 10 x dorrar!!! Sure i'd find much much bigger improvements elswhere first..

Maybe one day  Wink

CnoEvil's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 21/08/2009 - 18:01
Posts: 12082
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

BigColz wrote:

But are they 10 x better than the blacks???? Because they're 10 x dorrar!!! Sure i'd find much much bigger improvements elswhere first..

Maybe one day  Wink

If only hifi worked like that!

IMO. It's only very expensive systems where this will bring more improvement, than spending it elsewhere.

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

BigColz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 2 months ago
Joined: 18/06/2012 - 14:57
Posts: 304
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

CnoEvil wrote:

BigColz wrote:

But are they 10 x better than the blacks???? Because they're 10 x dorrar!!! Sure i'd find much much bigger improvements elswhere first..

Maybe one day  Wink

If only hifi worked like that!

IMO. It's only very expensive systems where this will bring more improvement, than spending it elsewhere.

 

Ha yeah.. A cable can't improve sound it can only get it from A to B as efficiently as possible.. I'm sure they're very good though

acalex's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 13/09/2011 - 11:48
Posts: 1592
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

BigColz wrote:

CnoEvil wrote:

BigColz wrote:

But are they 10 x better than the blacks???? Because they're 10 x dorrar!!! Sure i'd find much much bigger improvements elswhere first..

Maybe one day  Wink

If only hifi worked like that!

IMO. It's only very expensive systems where this will bring more improvement, than spending it elsewhere.

 

Ha yeah.. A cable can't improve sound it can only get it from A to B as efficiently as possible.. I'm sure they're very good though

Well, they definitely outperform the ULTRA Black...the improvement the Graphite cables bring justify IMO the price difference between them...not sure I am ready to spend this money...but as wise Cno said, once you experience something like this is hard to go back  :wall:

BigColz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 2 months ago
Joined: 18/06/2012 - 14:57
Posts: 304
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

acalex wrote:

BigColz wrote:

CnoEvil wrote:

BigColz wrote:

But are they 10 x better than the blacks???? Because they're 10 x dorrar!!! Sure i'd find much much bigger improvements elswhere first..

Maybe one day  Wink

If only hifi worked like that!

IMO. It's only very expensive systems where this will bring more improvement, than spending it elsewhere.

 

Ha yeah.. A cable can't improve sound it can only get it from A to B as efficiently as possible.. I'm sure they're very good though

Well, they definitely outperform the ULTRA Black...the improvement the Graphite cables bring justify IMO the price difference between them...not sure I am ready to spend this money...but as wise Cno said, once you experience something like this is hard to go back  :wall:

 

If you're at a stage where you have nothing more thet £2k could go toward improving then there's nothing wrong with it.. At least you'd never need to upgrade again (I certainly wouldn't)! Go on DO IT!!  Wink :cheers:

CnoEvil's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 21/08/2009 - 18:01
Posts: 12082
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

BigColz wrote:

At least you'd never need to upgrade again (I certainly wouldn't)! Go on DO IT!!  Wink :cheers:

...and people say I'm a bad influence.  :grin:

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

acalex's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 13/09/2011 - 11:48
Posts: 1592
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

CnoEvil wrote:

BigColz wrote:

At least you'd never need to upgrade again (I certainly wouldn't)! Go on DO IT!!  Wink :cheers:

...and people say I'm a bad influence.  :grin:

Ahaha, fortunately for each euro leaving my bank account there is always a complex reflection behind...not easily influencable by emotions (being an engineer helps) Wink

I think it would make sense in my system at this stage...I would need to try getting the 770L as a comparison as for me getting the Siltech would be much easier (as could take the 330L now and when funds allow upgrade the 770L as Francis takes back the 330L) 

Let's see...

BigColz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 2 months ago
Joined: 18/06/2012 - 14:57
Posts: 304
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

CnoEvil wrote:

BigColz wrote:

At least you'd never need to upgrade again (I certainly wouldn't)! Go on DO IT!!  Wink :cheers:

...and people say I'm a bad influence.  :grin:

 

Haha.. Back to power related things briefly.. I'm clear on the cable side of things.. The let more current throug, better connectiopn, better shielding etc etc. But confused on the distribution block side of things.. Can these colour or make the sound worse? Or was that condtioners? Or are they the same thing but different types? After reading up on the atlas thread and other thread I want something thats a safe bet and only improves sound..

 

Do these actually clean up the mains or just distribute better and protect from R/Fetc? As I remmeber before you and others saying cheap ones can be detrimental to sound quality.. 

 

http://www.atlascables.com/4-way-power-distribution.html £500

 

http://www.cleareraudio.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=49  £300

 

What have you tried and what do you use? Sorry if i'm being a pain but there's alot of jargon I don't get in the descriptions  :doh:

CnoEvil's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 21/08/2009 - 18:01
Posts: 12082
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

acalex wrote:

I think it would make sense in my system at this stage...I would need to try getting the 770L as a comparison as for me getting the Siltech would be much easier (as could take the 330L now and when funds allow upgrade the 770L as Francis takes back the 330L) 

Let's see...

IMO. It is essential you and Rob try Atlas and Cardas as well, then you will have tried some of the best cable out there.

In my mind, I have always thought that TQ / Vertere / Siltech would suit you and Atlas / Cardas would suit Rob's system......but I could be as far out as the Lighthouse.  :?

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

Pages

Log in or register to post comments