156 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

I had carnical silverscreen then epic then Tq black.

for me and my gf Tq is the best, not harsh on highs like chords (bad room acoustic unfortunately) and more dynamical sound. worth the money.

drummerman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 18/01/2008 - 21:12
Posts: 5031
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

What materials does the company use for its core, insulators and jackets?

regards

Triggy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 24/01/2005 - 21:45
Posts: 61
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

drummerman wrote:

What materials does the company use for its core, insulators and jackets?

 

Tellurium have not, and I guess will not, reveal the materials.

They have responded to this question and this link takes you to their home page.  

http://www.telluriumq.com/index.html

Bottom of home page is a link to their response.

 

 

ISAC69's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 13/03/2012 - 17:55
Posts: 714
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

 

Hi

 

My dealer told me that TELLURIUM Q BLACK is much better than the Chord Epic ( currently I use the Chord Carnival silverscreen which is pretty good)  I am in a middle process of upgrading my system and the best results were when I tried the combination of : 

 

 ROTEL CD1520 ( CDP) - Chord Chrus2 ( main cabel)-  Proac Studio 140 MK2 (speakers) - Storm Audio V55 VERTIGO ( amp) -Tellurium Q Black (speaker cabels )

 - the sound was superb . I already bought the Rotel CD and the Chord Chrus2  .

the speakers and the Tellurium cabels  will be bought soon . I am glad that other peoples in the forum are sharing my good impression of the Tellurium cabels .

 

Hi Fi : Proac Studio 140MK2 / Rotel RC 1580 / Rotel RB 1582 / Rotel RCD 1520 / B&W P7 / Tellurium Q & WireWorld cables   

 

CnoEvil's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 58 min ago
Joined: 21/08/2009 - 18:01
Posts: 12275
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

ISAC69 wrote:

Hi

My dealer told me that TELLURIUM Q BLACK is much better than the Chord Epic ( currently I use the Chord Carnival silverscreen which is pretty good)  I am in a middle process of upgrading my system and the best results were when I tried the combination of : 

 ROTEL CD1520 ( CDP) - Chord Chrus2 ( main cabel)-  Proac Studio 140 MK2 (speakers) - Storm Audio V55 VERTIGO ( amp) -Tellurium Q Black (speaker cabels )

 - the sound was superb . I already bought the Rotel CD and the Chord Chrus2  .

the speakers and the Tellurium cabels  will be bought soon . I am glad that other peoples in the forum are sharing my good impression of the Tellurium cabels .

Glad you liked them.

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

drummerman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 18/01/2008 - 21:12
Posts: 5031
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

Triggy wrote:

drummerman wrote:

What materials does the company use for its core, insulators and jackets?

 

Tellurium have not, and I guess will not, reveal the materials.

They have responded to this question and this link takes you to their home page.  

http://www.telluriumq.com/index.html

Bottom of home page is a link to their response.

 

 

Thank you. I saw the link.

I do wonder what materials they use and in what configuration ... There is not much that hasn't been exploited in passive cable technology already.

regards

drummerman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 18/01/2008 - 21:12
Posts: 5031
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

Triggy wrote:

drummerman wrote:

What materials does the company use for its core, insulators and jackets?

 

Tellurium have not, and I guess will not, reveal the materials.

They have responded to this question and this link takes you to their home page.  

http://www.telluriumq.com/index.html

Bottom of home page is a link to their response.

 

 

Thank you. I saw the link.

I do wonder what materials they use and in what configuration ... There is not much that hasn't been exploited in passive cable technology already but Tellurium say theirs is functioning differently. - Phase integrity is, as far as I understand, more a result of amplifier design than cables. Most modern amplifiers will have no problem with most cables used, regardless of construction.

They also use spaced conductors and seem to be un-shielded both of which would probably have a greater effect on SQ than any phase distortion a reasonably specified cable could introduce. - All in my limited knowledge of course.

I am in no way saying they are not good cables. Just interested in what makes them special.

regards

BigColz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 18/06/2012 - 14:57
Posts: 304
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

So I've been procrastonating for some time over these cab;es... Then some popped up on the bay for £150 so snapped them up.. Should have them fitted by the weekend so i'll let you know my findings  :grin:

 

Wondering if anyone has any interconnects they recommend to go with these cables or just some of you favorites around the £200 mark (new or second hand) I was thinking of getting the matching blacks.. I auditioned some chorus reference and must say I was impressed but the speaker cable was cheap so could want a more laid back I/C to smooth things slightly.. Either way i'll post how I get on  :cheers:

CnoEvil's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 58 min ago
Joined: 21/08/2009 - 18:01
Posts: 12275
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

BigColz wrote:

So I've been procrastonating for some time over these cab;es... Then some popped up on the bay for £150 so snapped them up.. Should have them fitted by the weekend so i'll let you know my findings  :grin:

Wondering if anyone has any interconnects they recommend to go with these cables or just some of you favorites around the £200 mark (new or second hand) I was thinking of getting the matching blacks.. I auditioned some chorus reference and must say I was impressed but the speaker cable was cheap so could want a more laid back I/C to smooth things slightly.. Either way i'll post how I get on  :cheers:

My advice would be to let the TQ Black settle in your system.....if you think it's a good improvement, go for the TQ Black i/c or maybe the Blue i/c.

IMO. Another good choice is the Linn Silver (all copper), which can be picked up on ebay for around £120 - 130, or new for £179: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Linn-Silver-Phono-Interconnects-Latest-2012-Klimax-/221044737908 

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

CnoEvil's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 58 min ago
Joined: 21/08/2009 - 18:01
Posts: 12275
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

@ Big Colz

My advice would be to let the TQ Black settle in your system.....if you think it's a good improvement, go for the TQ Black i/c or maybe the Blue i/c.

IMO. Another good choice is the Linn Silver (all copper), which can be picked up on ebay for around £120 - 130, or new for £179: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Linn-Silver-Phono-Interconnects-Latest-2012-Klimax-/221044737908?pt=UK_Computing_Sound_Vision_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item33774b0774

 

NB. The link in the above post doesn't work.

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

BigColz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 18/06/2012 - 14:57
Posts: 304
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

CnoEvil wrote:

BigColz wrote:

So I've been procrastonating for some time over these cab;es... Then some popped up on the bay for £150 so snapped them up.. Should have them fitted by the weekend so i'll let you know my findings  :grin:

Wondering if anyone has any interconnects they recommend to go with these cables or just some of you favorites around the £200 mark (new or second hand) I was thinking of getting the matching blacks.. I auditioned some chorus reference and must say I was impressed but the speaker cable was cheap so could want a more laid back I/C to smooth things slightly.. Either way i'll post how I get on  :cheers:

My advice would be to let the TQ Black settle in your system.....if you think it's a good improvement, go for the TQ Black i/c or maybe the Blue i/c.

IMO. Another good choice is the Linn Silver (all copper), which can be picked up on ebay for around £120 - 130, or new for £179: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Linn-Silver-Phono-Interconnects-Latest-2012-Klimax-/221044737908 

 

Cheers Cno.. I hope the S/C makes a noticable difference to the slightly hissy top end.. It's been toned down a lot since the amp change and hoping this will do so more and even it out.. If it's still an issue I will have to change speakers as the tweeter is tiny on the 115.. Maybe the Response d Two could be ideal. May audition some speakers this weekend as well.. No rushing though just want to hear more brands.. PMC and KEF mainly

CnoEvil's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 58 min ago
Joined: 21/08/2009 - 18:01
Posts: 12275
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

BigColz wrote:

Cheers Cno.. I hope the S/C makes a noticable difference to the slightly hissy top end.. It's been toned down a lot since the amp change and hoping this will do so more and even it out.. If it's still an issue I will have to change speakers as the tweeter is tiny on the 115.. Maybe the Response d Two could be ideal. May audition some speakers this weekend as well.. No rushing though just want to hear more brands.. PMC and KEF mainly

The hissy top end "could" be mains related. It could be worth your while messing about with mains blocks and power cable from the likes of Clearer Audio and Russ Andrews......better still, if a good dealer will lend you some.

If you didn't see it on another thread, have a read of this: http://www.atlascables.com/assets/files/pdfs-technical/Atlas_Cables_Vol2__vs4.pdf

IME. Never underestimate the detrimental effect that dirty mains can have, as well as that of RFI and EMI...eg. Hissy treble, boomy bass, detail that's hidden in the background noise.

Again, don't take my word for it.....but try it for yourself.

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

BigColz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 18/06/2012 - 14:57
Posts: 304
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

CnoEvil wrote:

BigColz wrote:

Cheers Cno.. I hope the S/C makes a noticable difference to the slightly hissy top end.. It's been toned down a lot since the amp change and hoping this will do so more and even it out.. If it's still an issue I will have to change speakers as the tweeter is tiny on the 115.. Maybe the Response d Two could be ideal. May audition some speakers this weekend as well.. No rushing though just want to hear more brands.. PMC and KEF mainly

The hissy top end "could" be mains related. It could be worth your while messing about with mains blocks and power cable from the likes of Clearer Audio and Russ Andrews......better still, if a good dealer will lend you some.

If you didn't see it on another thread, have a read of this: http://www.atlascables.com/assets/files/pdfs-technical/Atlas_Cables_Vol2__vs4.pdf

IME. Never underestimate the detrimental effect that dirty mains can have, as well as that of RFI and EMI...eg. Hissy treble, boomy bass, detail that's hidden in the background noise.

Again, don't take my word for it.....but try it for yourself.

 

Could be I suppose.. I have room acoustic issues (again) aswell.. Looking forward to getting the speaker cable as many people say it tones down the epics top end.. Thanks i'll check the thread out. Have you ever heard of Powerline adapters (internet running through your powerlines) causing mains related issues? As i'm using them at the moment. My mate at cyrus recons it doesn't effect it and think they've done some tests.. 

CnoEvil's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 58 min ago
Joined: 21/08/2009 - 18:01
Posts: 12275
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

BigColz wrote:

Could be I suppose.. I have room acoustic issues (again) aswell.. Looking forward to getting the speaker cable as many people say it tones down the epics top end.. Thanks i'll check the thread out. Have you ever heard of Powerline adapters (internet running through your powerlines) causing mains related issues? As i'm using them at the moment. My mate at cyrus recons it doesn't effect it and think they've done some tests.. 

IMO. All that kind of stuff effects the sound.

You could do worse than give Darren at Clearer Audio a ring, and discuss things with him: http://www.cleareraudio.com/index.php?main_page=contact_us 

Everything they do has a 60 trial period, so you can experiment.

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

BigColz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 18/06/2012 - 14:57
Posts: 304
RE: TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels ?

CnoEvil wrote:

BigColz wrote:

Could be I suppose.. I have room acoustic issues (again) aswell.. Looking forward to getting the speaker cable as many people say it tones down the epics top end.. Thanks i'll check the thread out. Have you ever heard of Powerline adapters (internet running through your powerlines) causing mains related issues? As i'm using them at the moment. My mate at cyrus recons it doesn't effect it and think they've done some tests.. 

IMO. All that kind of stuff effects the sound.

You could do worse than give Darren at Clearer Audio a ring, and discuss things with him: http://www.cleareraudio.com/index.php?main_page=contact_us 

Everything they do has a 60 trial period, so you can experiment.

 

I 'think' that powerline adapters aren't the issue when sending data through the wire, it's the wireless transmitters that can cause issues.. I have a wireless booster in my room with 3 ethernet ports so I will hardwire my Mac, xbox, streamer once I have my NAS.. If I had all shielded cables this should prevent any airborn noise. I will e-mial this guy too and see what he says.. Just found this when I googled, pretty comprehensive.. Whether its all gospel is another thing but makes some pretty valid points and suggestions to lower AC noise..

 

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/manufacture/0712/index.html

Pages

Log in or register to post comments