8 posts / 0 new
Last post
jim.123's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 week ago
Joined: 24/01/2014 - 18:07
Posts: 2
Celestion need replacement tweeters
English

Hi,

 

I have some old celestion f20 speakers which were great until the tweeters went. Does anyone know what I could replace them with and where I could look online? Celestion don't make them anymore and I don't really care about them being exact copies; I just need some that fit the speakers and work. I'm not even sure what to look for. Is it size primarily, and resistance?

 

thanks in advance,

 

jim

chebby's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 02/06/2008 - 09:40
Posts: 16699
RE: Celestion need replacement tweeters

Buy the cheapest pair of used (working) Celestion F10s you can find on ebay and use their tweeters.

It will probably be cheaper than a replacement pair. (Even assuming you could find any.)

iPad Mini 3 (128GB) • Bowers & Wilkins P3 • Mac Mini • AirPort Extreme • AirPlay • iTunes • Marantz M-CR603  • Rega R3

matthewpiano's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 18 min ago
Joined: 23/11/2007 - 22:23
Posts: 8447
RE: Celestion need replacement tweeters

Agree with Chebby.

If not, contact Wilmslow Audio for advice.  They will be able to recommend a replacement tweeter of similar spec.

Rega electronics: RP3/Elys2/White Belt/TTPSU/Apollo-R/Brio-R + Dynaudio DM2/6 Speakers

Rotel RCD965BX/Spotify Premium/Musical Fidelity V90HPA/Exposure 1010/KEF Q100/Beyer Dynamic DT770PRO 250ohm

Bliss. 

Coll's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 04/05/2011 - 21:47
Posts: 225
RE: Celestion need replacement tweeters

You could also try Falcon Acoustics look them up on the net they have a huge range of old drivers

Richard Allen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 7 hours ago
Joined: 09/01/2010 - 16:56
Posts: 623
RE: Celestion need replacement tweeters

jim.123 wrote:

Hi,

 

I have some old celestion f20 speakers which were great until the tweeters went. Does anyone know what I could replace them with and where I could look online? Celestion don't make them anymore and I don't really care about them being exact copies; I just need some that fit the speakers and work. I'm not even sure what to look for. Is it size primarily, and resistance?

 

thanks in advance,

 

jim

Hi Jim. Pound to a pinch they're HF1300s. Wilmslow Audio. 01455 286603. Ask for Terry or Neil.

chebby's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 02/06/2008 - 09:40
Posts: 16699
RE: Celestion need replacement tweeters

Richard Allen wrote:

jim.123 wrote:

Hi,

I have some old celestion f20 speakers which were great until the tweeters went. Does anyone know what I could replace them with and where I could look online? Celestion don't make them anymore and I don't really care about them being exact copies; I just need some that fit the speakers and work. I'm not even sure what to look for. Is it size primarily, and resistance?

thanks in advance,

jim

Hi Jim. Pound to a pinch they're HF1300s. Wilmslow Audio. 01455 286603. Ask for Terry or Neil.

Were the HF1300s 19mm Titanium dome tweeters? (That's what the OP's Celestion F20s have.)

iPad Mini 3 (128GB) • Bowers & Wilkins P3 • Mac Mini • AirPort Extreme • AirPlay • iTunes • Marantz M-CR603  • Rega R3

jim.123's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 week ago
Joined: 24/01/2014 - 18:07
Posts: 2
RE: Celestion need replacement tweeters

Many thanks you lot. Will see what I can find!

 

Jim

Richard Allen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 7 hours ago
Joined: 09/01/2010 - 16:56
Posts: 623
RE: Celestion need replacement tweeters

jim.123 wrote:

Many thanks you lot. Will see what I can find!

 

Jim

Also, try Celestion Consumer Division on 01622 687442.

Log in or register to post comments