Have your say & ask the experts!

Can't post web links on the forum

26 replies [Last post]
steve_1979's picture
Offline
Joined: 14 Jul 2010
Posts: 3549

Whenever I try it says the spam filter is activated.

Crying

__________________

PC > AVI Neutron Five 2.1

Sony NWZ-A847 64GB Walkman > Westone UM3x

matt49's picture
Offline
Joined: 7 Apr 2013
Posts: 1520
RE: Can't post web links on the forum
jcbrum's picture
Offline
Joined: 27 Apr 2008
Posts: 595
RE: web links

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/cant-post-web-links-on-the-forum

 

But, the icon option is greyed out in the reply box on my screen

 

JC

 

edit : text added in addition to web link alone

 

bigboss's picture
Offline
Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 11798
RE: Can't post web links on the forum

You have to select a text to link the site to, for web link to be enabled. Otherwise, simply copy paste the link.

__________________

My Home Cinema  Pioneer KRP 500A, Yamaha RX-V1900, MA Radius R225HD LCR, R90HD rears, AW12 sub, Panasonic BD60, PS3, Boxee Box, Sky HD, Boxee Box, Logitech Harmony One, Logitech PS3 Adapter, Sonos ZP90

Bedroom Samsung UE32C6510, PS3 slim white, Apple TV, Sonos S5, Sonos ZP90, Audioengine 2, Oppo OPDV971H

Miscellaneous: Synology DS212J + 2 X WD Red 2TB drives, WD 1TB NAS, Sonos ZoneBridge, BT HH3 as modem & AirPort Extreme router

jcbrum's picture
Offline
Joined: 27 Apr 2008
Posts: 595
RE: Can't post web links on the forum

Haymarket dominates classical music magazine publishing in the UK, and we’re increasing our influence internationally.

This is a test to see whether I've understood BB's helpful advice.Thanks, - JC

John Duncan's picture
Offline
Joined: 8 Jan 2008
Posts: 22558
RE: Can't post web links on the forum

jcbrum wrote:

Haymarket dominates classical music magazine publishing in the UK, and we’re increasing our influence internationally.

This is a test to see whether I've understood BB's helpful advice.
Thanks, - JC

You have, though I can't help feeling that statement no longer holds...

__________________

Cambridge Audio StreamMagic 6  |  751BD  |  651A  |  Diamond 9.1 | Minx Xi | Sonos Play:3

Moderator. mail: john.duncan.whf at the mail of g dot com

John Duncan's picture
Offline
Joined: 8 Jan 2008
Posts: 22558
RE: Can't post web links on the forum

To Steve, however - it feels like the spam filtering has been turned up a notch recently for some reason, lots of people having similar issues. To this end, I've added you to the 'trusted' user group which avoids the filtering altogether.

__________________

Cambridge Audio StreamMagic 6  |  751BD  |  651A  |  Diamond 9.1 | Minx Xi | Sonos Play:3

Moderator. mail: john.duncan.whf at the mail of g dot com

bluedroog's picture
Offline
Joined: 4 Mar 2010
Posts: 387
RE: Can't post web links on the forum

I had the same issue yesterday simply posting without a link, it prompted me to verity the text but I can’t see it, just a grey box and red ‘x’, I tried right clicking to download images but that doesn’t work either.

John Duncan's picture
Offline
Joined: 8 Jan 2008
Posts: 22558
RE: Can't post web links on the forum

Should be fixed for you now too.

__________________

Cambridge Audio StreamMagic 6  |  751BD  |  651A  |  Diamond 9.1 | Minx Xi | Sonos Play:3

Moderator. mail: john.duncan.whf at the mail of g dot com

bluedroog's picture
Offline
Joined: 4 Mar 2010
Posts: 387
RE: Can't post web links on the forum

Thank you, I appreciate your help.

expat_mike's picture
Offline
Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 214
RE: Can't post web links on the forum

I was having problems with the hyperactive spam filter yesterday, so I gave up trying to post.

__________________

Lounge - Arcam Solo Neo, Partington Super Dreadnought, Monitor Audio Silver RX1, Panasonic DMP-BDT310, Samsung UE46D6530, Yamaha RX-A1020

Legacy - Rotel-RA820, Wharfedale Diamond 1, Philips CD104, Akai HX-R44, Sony ST-313L

John Duncan's picture
Offline
Joined: 8 Jan 2008
Posts: 22558
RE: Can't post web links on the forum

You too are now in the inner circle...

__________________

Cambridge Audio StreamMagic 6  |  751BD  |  651A  |  Diamond 9.1 | Minx Xi | Sonos Play:3

Moderator. mail: john.duncan.whf at the mail of g dot com

expat_mike's picture
Offline
Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 214
RE: Can't post web links on the forum

John Duncan wrote:

You too are now in the inner circle...

Cheers JD beauty, eh

__________________

Lounge - Arcam Solo Neo, Partington Super Dreadnought, Monitor Audio Silver RX1, Panasonic DMP-BDT310, Samsung UE46D6530, Yamaha RX-A1020

Legacy - Rotel-RA820, Wharfedale Diamond 1, Philips CD104, Akai HX-R44, Sony ST-313L

spiny norman's picture
Offline
Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 744
RE: Can't post web links on the forum

John Duncan wrote:

jcbrum wrote:

Haymarket dominates classical music magazine publishing in the UK, and we’re increasing our influence internationally.

This is a test to see whether I've understood BB's helpful advice.Thanks, - JC

You have, though I can't help feeling that statement no longer holds...

That site needs some serious updating, doesn't it? It also says of WHSV that its

"dominance is sealed by its Ultimate Guides series of sister publications. What Hi-Fi? Sound & Vision 's reviews are the benchmark in the home entertainment market, and its reviewing team is renowned for its thoroughness and accuracy."

__________________

'And so on February 22nd 1966, at Luton airport...'

The_Lhc's picture
Offline
Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 12589
RE: Can't post web links on the forum

spiny norman wrote:

John Duncan wrote:

jcbrum wrote:

Haymarket dominates classical music magazine publishing in the UK, and we’re increasing our influence internationally.

This is a test to see whether I've understood BB's helpful advice.Thanks, - JC

You have, though I can't help feeling that statement no longer holds...

That site needs some serious updating, doesn't it? It also says of WHSV that its

"dominance is sealed by its Ultimate Guides series of sister publications. What Hi-Fi? Sound & Vision 's reviews are the benchmark in the home entertainment market, and its reviewing team is renowned for its thoroughness and accuracy."

You're so lucky I'm not a moderator...

spiny norman's picture
Offline
Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 744
RE: Can't post web links on the forum

The_Lhc wrote:
You're so lucky I'm not a moderator...

I think we're all fortunate in that respect, but do you mean it hasn't stopped publishing 'its Ultimate Guides series of sister publications'?

If you're still able to buy them somwhere, do tell – the old ones were really good, and I can't find them anywhere anymore

__________________

'And so on February 22nd 1966, at Luton airport...'