Have your say & ask the experts!

Can Oppo 105 play stuff like Dark Side of the Moon nonstop?

97 replies [Last post]
GSB
GSB's picture
RE: Can Oppo 105 play stuff like Dark Side of the Moon nonstop?

is that right?

''urself' is spelt with a y by the way.. Wink

your original post was highlighted for not following the thread and answering the op's question choosing to post your own experiance/opinion on the 105,once you realised you went on the defensive and  re-posted a link that had been posted to this thread days before,is this what you think is usefull to the op?

Pillock poke, prod

PanasonicTX-P46GT30B..Yamaha RX-A1010...Music Fidelity M3i...OPPO105EU...KEFR100/R200C/3001SE/HTB2SE...SkyHD2TB...QED Copper Speaker Cable /HDMI/Analogue...PS3...IPAD2

BenLaw's picture

Native_bon wrote:

GSB wrote:

hammill wrote:

It depends how you are playing the FLACs. http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/oppo-bdp-103-and-bdp-105-networking-universal-3d-blu-ray-players.296074/page-36 has info on this subject.

This was posted to this thread on the 13 march....you posted on the 17th... poke, prod

Check the date and time for yourself...pillock rolling on the floor laughing

Also if you actualy read what the link says it does state that gapless playback is Not possible.

By the way just recieved an email from Oppo uk who say the gapless playback with the likes of flac is NOT possible however their engineers are looking for a suloution.

Now you have made a fool of urself..

Stop trolling NB, you're not even good at it. 

HiFi   /   A/V   /   Bedroom

Chaloff's picture

GSB wrote:

GSB wrote:

The answer to the OP'S question i'm not sure if it does,in flac.....not on my rips anyways,but that could be how they were ripped puzzled

Oh, GSB, I'm sorry, I was not careful and missed the idea the first time.

But how are your files ripped? Is it the same how I keep music? (Separate file for each track). What about if I would not split the whole album and use it with cue? I did not find on the OPPO's site if the 105 supports cue. And if it does - can I, for instance, choose Any Colour You Like track and then the gadget would play three last tracks gapless?

If yes, then maybe it's a solution.

Thanks!

1) Oppo BDP-105 - NAD 356 BEE - B&W CM1

2) Onkyo CR-N755 - Q Acoustics 2010i

Native_bon's picture

GSB wrote:

is that right?

''urself' is spelt with a y by the way.. Wink

your original post was highlighted for not following the thread and answering the op's question choosing to post your own experiance/opinion on the 105,once you realised you went on the defensive and  re-posted a link that had been posted to this thread days before,is this what you think is usefull to the op?

Pillock poke, prod

You really do have time on yours hands..  I am not on the defensive, any one who reads it can see that is far from the case.. Never will I be on the defensive. Again your just making a fool of your self... If you read my second post of the day in question, I corrected my self before you made your post. So i dnt need senseless aruguments from the likes of you.. Your key attentiom was on my wrong info not on the right one which i provided.

Anyone who reads it  can see for themselves.

I think you really need to get a life ... Your beinging to bore me now.

No rules. If it sounds good to you it sounds Right!!.Transpor:t . Oppo BDP-105EU Blue ray player. DAC:Musical Fidelity V90. AMP: Arcam AVR450. SPEAKER'S: Boston acoustics M340.

GSB
GSB's picture

I was just to enter into a conversation about ripping options and playback but having read your last post it is very clear that your not just an idiot(oppo have confirmed gappless playback is not possible)you are rather ignorant,and as Ben points out you are trying to be a troll...but not a very good one!!

please do not reply to this as i may just post a reward to find where you live and pay you a visit..... rolling on the floor laughing

PanasonicTX-P46GT30B..Yamaha RX-A1010...Music Fidelity M3i...OPPO105EU...KEFR100/R200C/3001SE/HTB2SE...SkyHD2TB...QED Copper Speaker Cable /HDMI/Analogue...PS3...IPAD2

Chaloff's picture

Well, that is really becoming a HOT thread..

Coll off, guys! During a dispute the one who is cleverer is guilty. I wish both of you felt guilty  Smile.

Let's speak about gapless playback.  beauty, eh

GSB
GSB's picture

or the lack off.... rolling on the floor laughing

As i mentioned i recieved an email from oppouk stating that the 105 could not do gappless playback from flac etc etc..however they are looking into this,and they hope it can be rectified soon.

I'm more interested in the ios app in development but still no news.

I recommend you try some floyd sacd's my friend...the imaging is superb,takes 'ya back abit excellent!

Native_bon's picture

GSB wrote:

I was just to enter into a conversation about ripping options and playback but having read your last post it is very clear that your not just an idiot(oppo have confirmed gappless playback is not possible)you are rather ignorant,and as Ben points out you are trying to be a troll...but not a very good one!!

please do not reply to this as i may just post a reward to find where you live and pay you a visit..... rolling on the floor laughing

This is my last reply to you..  Cause you have made your self clear for everyone to see. hello or goodbye

No rules. If it sounds good to you it sounds Right!!.Transpor:t . Oppo BDP-105EU Blue ray player. DAC:Musical Fidelity V90. AMP: Arcam AVR450. SPEAKER'S: Boston acoustics M340.

GSB
GSB's picture

rolling on the floor laughing  you pillock hello or goodbye ... hello or goodbye

Chaloff's picture

GSB wrote:

or the lack off.... rolling on the floor laughing

As i mentioned i recieved an email from oppouk stating that the 105 could not do gappless playback from flac etc etc..however they are looking into this,and they hope it can be rectified soon.

GSB, I'm really thankful that you contacted Oppo. Even being affraid to look stupid or too hair-splitting, I really want to clarify one thing. Just to be 100% sure. Does the Oppo's reply "no gapless playback from flack" cover the case that I described? I mean if I would use ONE flack file for the whole album. Would in this case the player recognize this as one track, or as several tracks equal to number of songs inside this one flack file???

Please, trust me - there's no trolling Smile

GSB wrote:

I recommend you try some floyd sacd's my friend...the imaging is superb,takes 'ya back abit excellent!

Really thanks a lot for the suggestion. I think I would try if I buy Oppo 105, but now I am really not sure because of the ideas of this thread. And also frankly speaking I am not eager too much to do that because if I am amazed by the Floyds' SACD recording I would want to listen to all my favourite albums by other bands in SACD. Though this may be a problem to get them.

By the way, do you listen DSOTM SACD as stereo or 5.1?

MajorFubar's picture

I can answer some of that: if you physically join the tracks together and save them as one file, then sure, any player is going to play it without gaps, be it Oppo or anything else. The player will think it's just one long song. What you will probably lose is the ability to 'track skip' within that one file, even if you leave track-markers in. (I'm not even sure if FLAC supports track-markers or regions within files, I've never tried; someone may know.)

Main system: Mac Mini 2011 • HRT II+ DAC • Lacie 3TB Cloudbox NAS • Marantz PM66 KI • EB Acoustics EB2

In storage: Thorens TD160 (no cart) • Cyrus 2 + PSX • Cyrus tuner • Technics SL-P777 • Marantz CD63KIS • Nakamichi DR-1

Chaloff's picture

MajorFubar wrote:
I can answer some of that: if you physically join the tracks together and save them as one file, then sure, any player is going to play it without gaps, be it Oppo or anything else. The player will think it's just one long song. What you will probably lose is the ability to 'track skip' within that one file, even if you leave track-markers in. (I'm not even sure if FLAC supports track-markers or regions within files, I've never tried; someone may know.)

Thanks a lot, MajorFubar.

Now it gives some hope! Still unfortunately no pure understanding. I made request to OPPO reference my previous post. Let's wait.

Regards,

Andrew

BigH's picture

Spotify seems to play some albums gapless so I should think it should be possible.

Chaloff's picture

BigH wrote:

Spotify seems to play some albums gapless so I should think it should be possible.

BigH, thanks!

But my aim is to know about 105's playback of flack files that I have in my collection in all the cases without exception.

Chaloff's picture

Just noted. Why do I always call them "flack"? embarassed