58 posts / 0 new
Last post
Vladimir's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 26/12/2013 - 19:17
Posts: 6933
RE: Cable flow direction

ssɐ ʎɯ ןןɐʍɹǝpuoʍ sǝןqɐɔ ןɐuoıʇɔǝɹıp

lejockey's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 15/11/2009 - 13:44
Posts: 49
RE: Cable flow direction

This whole 'try it, and be open minded' argument is all very well, except if you then ignore the science and decide its the cable and not the brain? Our ears are not that sensitive, and our brain is continualy compensating for our ears. Our brain is easily tricked. There are a thousand reasons why our brain might hear a difference, of which the cable direction is not one.

Native_bon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 12 hours ago
Joined: 26/11/2008 - 10:58
Posts: 2037
RE: Cable flow direction

I changed my DAC digital cable the other day for one thats got a direction arrow on it, now I can hear music into the future. Amazing what happens when you use directional cables :grin:

 OPPO 105EU, DAC: Chord 2Qute. Arcam AVR450, IPL Acoustics S2TLk speakers. Synology Nas. Tellurium Q Black speaker cables. Sony KD-65XD9035. Alienware area 51. Gtx 980 x3.

steve_1979's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 1 hour ago
Joined: 14/07/2010 - 21:04
Posts: 6539
RE: Cable flow direction

Native_bon wrote:

I changed my DAC digital cable the other day for one thats got a direction arrow on it, now I can hear music into the future. Amazing what happens when you use directional cables :grin:

I made that mistake once and when playing Stairway to Heaven it started spouting out Satanic verses about some toolshead. :O

Esra's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 20/02/2011 - 14:10
Posts: 474
RE: Cable flow direction

:doh:   like

kmlav's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
Joined: 28/06/2009 - 17:05
Posts: 225
RE: Cable flow direction

Right I have changed mine to point in the correct direction and I can say without a shadow of doubt the the arrows now point a different way. 

DocG's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 11 hours ago
Joined: 01/05/2012 - 19:47
Posts: 1821
RE: Cable flow direction

kmlav wrote:

Right I have changed mine to point in the correct direction and I can say without a shadow of doubt the the arrows now point a different way. 

Not so sure! It might be your brain playing tricks on you!

M50 - D120 - LS50

NHL
NHL's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 12/11/2009 - 07:57
Posts: 544
RE: Cable flow direction

Direction does not matter, as long as the amplifier is placed higher than the speakers. The electrons will then fall down to the speakers, by the gravity force. 

basshound's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 13 hours ago
Joined: 23/09/2007 - 12:34
Posts: 625
RE: Cable flow direction

NHL wrote:

Direction does not matter, as long as the amplifier is placed higher than the speakers. The electrons will then fall down to the speakers, by the gravity force. 

 

:grin: :grin:

Synology DS213j NAS>JRiver 21 >Auralic Vega> ATC P1 >ATC SCM 40`s + BK Electrics Monolith Plus sub

mikeparker59's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 06/04/2010 - 11:21
Posts: 211
RE: Cable flow direction

Should the arrows on my speaker cables be visible on the top surface of said cable or laid next to the floor? :?

chebby's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 11 hours ago
Joined: 02/06/2008 - 09:40
Posts: 19215
RE: Cable flow direction

mikeparker59 wrote:

Should the arrows on my speaker cables be visible on the top surface of said cable or laid next to the floor? :?

Next to the floor?  You mean you're not keeping the precious signal elevated from the horrors that dwell there? 

 

iPad Mini 3 • iPhone 6 • B&W P3 • Mac Mini • Apple TV3 • Quad Vena • Pro-ject Tuner Box S • Audio-Note AX-Two

hifikrazy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 09/08/2007 - 09:54
Posts: 633
RE: Cable flow direction

I do believe that cables make a difference, but just to be a sport...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UQDTZcpsDE

davedotco's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 5 hours ago
Joined: 24/04/2013 - 10:02
Posts: 6627
RE: Cable flow direction

chebby wrote:

mikeparker59 wrote:

Should the arrows on my speaker cables be visible on the top surface of said cable or laid next to the floor? :?

Next to the floor?  You mean you're not keeping the precious signal elevated from the horrors that dwell there? 

 

Absolutely.

The effect of the surrounding dielectric (insulator then air) on the signal flow through a speaker cable is well documented.

The effect of a randomly changing dielectric such as that which occur when speaker cables are run along the floor can affect the sound in different ways.

Cable supports, such as those illustrated, is the only safe way to reduce this problem. Make sure you match the material and the spacing to your particular cable.

chebby's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 11 hours ago
Joined: 02/06/2008 - 09:40
Posts: 19215
RE: Cable flow direction

davedotco wrote:

chebby wrote:

mikeparker59 wrote:

Should the arrows on my speaker cables be visible on the top surface of said cable or laid next to the floor? :?

Next to the floor?  You mean you're not keeping the precious signal elevated from the horrors that dwell there? 

 

Absolutely.

The effect of the surrounding dielectric (insulator then air) on the signal flow through a speaker cable is well documented.

The effect of a randomly changing dielectric such as that which occur when speaker cables are run along the floor can affect the sound in different ways.

Cable supports, such as those illustrated, is the only safe way to reduce this problem. Make sure you match the material and the spacing to your particular cable.

Russ Andrews say nothing about that. They promote their elevators as a solution to the problem of vibration in floors affecting the signal.

iPad Mini 3 • iPhone 6 • B&W P3 • Mac Mini • Apple TV3 • Quad Vena • Pro-ject Tuner Box S • Audio-Note AX-Two

kmlav's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
Joined: 28/06/2009 - 17:05
Posts: 225
RE: Cable flow direction

DocG wrote:

kmlav wrote:

Right I have changed mine to point in the correct direction and I can say without a shadow of doubt the the arrows now point a different way. 

Not so sure! It might be your brain playing tricks on you!

here is the photographic evidence that proves that the arrows are indeed pointing in the right direction.


Pages

Log in to post comments