6 posts / 0 new
Last post
millgate1's picture
Arcam A19 and NAD CD or Audio Lab 8200 dilema
English

Hi I am a new member and am just about to purchase a new hi fi separates set up and would appreciate your view on the following.
I already have sonos and the connect and will be linking up the new hi fi to it. I am running with the Arcam A19 and I will also get my collection of CD’s onto flac / lossless and run back off a NAS drive but I still want the facility to play CD’s but don’t want to pay a fortune for a CD player.
I have come to the conclusion to run a reasonable CD through a good quality DAC but am undecided on the following 2 basic options.
A NAD C516BEE CD or should I spend the extra on the NAD C546BEE CD and run this through an Arcam iRDAC
OR... splash out on an audiolab 8200C and dump the iRDAC as this already has a very competent DAC with more or less the same inputs excluding the BT line that is.
Does anyone have any experience of the NAD’s run through the Arcam A 19 and their compatibility.
I have to say I heard the Audiolab 8200 with A19 and BX5’s and it sounded pretty good to me?
Thanks

BigH's picture
RE: Arcam A19 and NAD CD or Audio Lab 8200 dilema

From what I have read about NAD cdp lately I would look elsewhere. Many modern cdp do not seem to last long, I would be inclined to buy an old cdp like a Marantz 63 KI which you can get for under £100 or a slightly newer one like the 67 SE.

As for Audiolab 8200 you may want to read this: http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Audiolab-8200CD/user-reviews

Lo Fi's picture

I would go for the Audio lab I have one with the Arc am A19 and it makes a great combo.
I have not had any of the issues given and I think you will find that most problems were a while ago.

p_m_brown's picture
Hi, welcome to the forum. I

Hi, welcome to the forum.

I would always suggest listening to equipment before committing to buying but if you have a blueray player, just hook that up to the dac. Afterall, the dac is what you hear, not the disc spinner!

Sonos, Leema, Inspire Hifi, Arcam, Kef

millgate1's picture

Thanks for your comments i have had a look at the 8200 neg comments but think i am still reasonably convinced that is a good match for the A19. Certainly sounds so much better than the NAD.

Blue ray player is a good idea but i want to keep the Lounge  for sound (TV is banished from this room)and keep the TV in the Family room. Otherwise a good shout.

Unless someone can recommend a better CD match for the A19 i think i am going to run with the Audiolab 8200.

Thanks again for your helpful comments.

Lo Fi's picture

At the price point you will not find a better match IMO as I said I have both and am very satisfied. As a matter of interest I have MA RX6 speakers in my set up.