Advice needed on new speakers for compact vinyl/streaming setup
Hello there people,
I've been around the whathifi forums for a while, just lurking but I thought it was time to register Smile Last year I have been building an hifi setup for my new house, and I am looking for speakers. Which I can use some help with.
As of now my setup consists of:
- Linn LP12 with Valhalla/Akito/Adikt
- Sonos Connect paired with Arcam Sonlink DAC
- Play 1's in kitchen/bedroom
- Rega Brio R (can't praise it enough, phono stage is excellent too!)
- Dali 505's
- V/d Hul
I carefully chose all components together for a vinyl/streaming setup that suits my tastes but I feel I could do better in the speaker department. The Dali 505's are (IMHO) very good value for money but they are pretty old and speaker technology hasn't stood still either. So ofcourse I have done some investigation through the reviews and forums, also listened to some speakers in shops.
I'm leaning towards standmounts but small floorstanders are an option as well. (will need a high WAF) I listen to everything, from 80's hairmetal on vinyl to david guetta and on sunday morning it's time for classical pieces.
My budget is around €750 or 600 pounds, options I came up with so far:
- Kef R100: haven't heard them, reviews are favorable.
- Totem Mite/Dynaudio X12: sounded/looked good to me but to me they seemed a little polite in their presentation. (and pricey)
- B&W 685: the 2014 ones that just came out, no idea how these will work with the Brio R
- Q acoustics concept 20's: can't audition them nearby, don't like the dedicated stands. Seems like good value for money though.
- Kef IQ5SE: can get a pair used for €500. Can't find them in stores anymore but they received good reviews.
- Sticking to Dali: mentor menuets?
Do you fine people have any thoughts on these options or other alternatives for me to consider?