145 posts / 0 new
Last post
Alec's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 08/10/2007 - 21:06
Posts: 6053
RE: ADM9RS or good British passive system?

Yeah, I did have to pinch myself when it looked like people were discussing lending WHFS&V? (posessors of much audio gubbins, surely?) kit to use to compare the AVIs to. Has there been a robbery?

altruistic.lemon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 19 hours ago
Joined: 25/07/2011 - 09:18
Posts: 1865
RE: ADM9RS or good British passive system?

Competition a lot fiercer now - Quad, Creek, Dynaudio, Nubert, Adam Audio etc. Back then, there was ATC, Linn, plus some other high end speakers which it wouldn't have been fair to compare as they were firmly up market.

the record spot's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 20 hours ago
Joined: 13/10/2007 - 14:36
Posts: 9252
RE: ADM9RS or good British passive system?

Alec wrote:

Yeah, I did have to pinch myself when it looked like people were discussing lending WHFS&V? (posessors of much audio gubbins, surely?) kit to use to compare the AVIs to. Has there been a robbery?

Must admit, I almost had to do the same.  There's no end to some of this.  Mirth inducing to say the least!  Seriously, who gives a fig?    :quest:

fr0g's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 07/01/2008 - 18:38
Posts: 2940
RE: ADM9RS or good British passive system?

the record spot wrote:

Alec wrote:

Yeah, I did have to pinch myself when it looked like people were discussing lending WHFS&V? (posessors of much audio gubbins, surely?) kit to use to compare the AVIs to. Has there been a robbery?

Must admit, I almost had to do the same.  There's no end to some of this.  Mirth inducing to say the least!  Seriously, who gives a fig?    :quest:

 

Covenanter's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 1 hour ago
Joined: 20/07/2012 - 10:16
Posts: 1229
RE: ADM9RS or good British passive system?

Just to ask why it has to be a "British" passive system?

Chris

Marantz PM8005 / SA8005 / KEF R700s / AKG K702

Alec's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 08/10/2007 - 21:06
Posts: 6053
RE: ADM9RS or good British passive system?

fr0g wrote:

the record spot wrote:

Alec wrote:

Yeah, I did have to pinch myself when it looked like people were discussing lending WHFS&V? (posessors of much audio gubbins, surely?) kit to use to compare the AVIs to. Has there been a robbery?

Must admit, I almost had to do the same.  There's no end to some of this.  Mirth inducing to say the least!  Seriously, who gives a fig?    :quest:

 

 

I can only assume that anyone who posts that picture gets the irony.

fr0g's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 07/01/2008 - 18:38
Posts: 2940
RE: ADM9RS or good British passive system?

Alec wrote:

fr0g wrote:

the record spot wrote:

Alec wrote:

Yeah, I did have to pinch myself when it looked like people were discussing lending WHFS&V? (posessors of much audio gubbins, surely?) kit to use to compare the AVIs to. Has there been a robbery?

Must admit, I almost had to do the same.  There's no end to some of this.  Mirth inducing to say the least!  Seriously, who gives a fig?    :quest:

 

 

I can only assume that anyone who posts that picture gets the irony.

 

It is the "reason" why people "give a fig".

 

BigH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 30 min ago
Joined: 29/12/2012 - 12:31
Posts: 3530
RE: ADM9RS or good British passive system?

altruistic.lemon wrote:

Competition a lot fiercer now - Quad, Creek, Dynaudio, Nubert, Adam Audio etc. Back then, there was ATC, Linn, plus some other high end speakers which it wouldn't have been fair to compare as they were firmly up market.

 

Several others also like Kef and Epos and I gather AE are developing a new range.

EvPa's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 04/10/2013 - 12:12
Posts: 89
RE: ADM9RS or good British passive system?

BigH wrote:

Several others also like Kef and Epos and I gather AE are developing a new range.

Epos and Creek (which altruistic.lemon was refering to) are one and the same.

Pages

Log in or register to post comments