Have your say & ask the experts!

Accuphase near London

100 replies [Last post]
matt49's picture
Offline
Joined: 7 Apr 2013
Posts: 1536

I'm keen to hear one of the Accuphase integrated amps (E260, E360, or the '50 models), but it seems there are none available to demo at dealerships within a reasonable distance of London. The closest dealer that has one is in Cheadle. The UK distributor, RTS, hasn't been able to help. Do any forumites know otherwise? Or are there any Accuphase owners here who live in/near London and would be willing to open their doors to me?

Matt

Macspur's picture
Offline
Joined: 3 May 2010
Posts: 1893
RE: Accuphase near London

Hi Matt,

The nearest dealer would be http://www.audioconsultants.co.uk/index.html

They are based just outside Reading.  Haven't had a lot to do with them myself, but what little I have, they seem pretty decent.

Failing that, I live just outside London and as you can see I own an E350 model and if you fancy having a listen, you'd be most welcome.

Mac

__________________

Accuphase E350 amp, Electrocompaniet EMC1UP CDP, Siltech 25th Classic anniversary 330I  XLR Harbeth Super HL5 on Sound Anchor Quod ELS63 stands, Chord Odessey2 SC.  Grado SR60I headphones.  HIFI RACKS Podium Reference rack.

csq2's picture
Offline
Joined: 28 Mar 2010
Posts: 238
RE: Accuphase near London

Accuphase makes some of best sounding integrated amps on the market, unfortunately I can only get one from Japan. They are warm sounding overall.

matt49's picture
Offline
Joined: 7 Apr 2013
Posts: 1536
RE: Accuphase near London

Mac,

thanks very much. Unfortunately Audioconsultants aren't stocking Accuphase any longer. Nice chap though!

It's very generous of you to offer to demo your E350 for me. If I give you my email address could you drop me a line? It's sttt3339ATkcl.ac.uk.

Matt

kungula's picture
Offline
Joined: 18 Nov 2007
Posts: 162
RE: Accuphase near London

Accuphase is available also in Germany. It is very popular on the continent.

http://www.accuphase.de/home.php

__________________

1)  living room: Naim SuperUniti, Neat Elite SX, Sonos bridge 2) office:  Dynaudio 110 A, Sonos ZP 90, NuForce HDP Dac, Ripnas Z 1000 3) kitchen: Sonos S 5

 

 

 

Macspur's picture
Offline
Joined: 3 May 2010
Posts: 1893
RE: Accuphase near London

matt49 wrote:

Mac,

thanks very much. Unfortunately Audioconsultants aren't stocking Accuphase any longer. Nice chap though!

It's very generous of you to offer to demo your E350 for me. If I give you my email address could you drop me a line? It's sttt3339ATkcl.ac.uk.

Matt

That's a pity.

Email sent.

Mac

__________________

Accuphase E350 amp, Electrocompaniet EMC1UP CDP, Siltech 25th Classic anniversary 330I  XLR Harbeth Super HL5 on Sound Anchor Quod ELS63 stands, Chord Odessey2 SC.  Grado SR60I headphones.  HIFI RACKS Podium Reference rack.

kungula's picture
Offline
Joined: 18 Nov 2007
Posts: 162
RE: Accuphase near London

here a general catolog in Englsh

http://www.accuphase.com/cat/english_cat1207.pdf

__________________

1)  living room: Naim SuperUniti, Neat Elite SX, Sonos bridge 2) office:  Dynaudio 110 A, Sonos ZP 90, NuForce HDP Dac, Ripnas Z 1000 3) kitchen: Sonos S 5

 

 

 

pauln's picture
Offline
Joined: 26 Feb 2008
Posts: 439
RE: Accuphase near London

kungula wrote:

Accuphase is available also in Germany. It is very popular on the continent.

http://www.accuphase.de/home.php

I think Cheadle is closer...

__________________

On the road: HP Elitebook 8540w, Sennheiser HD650, Bose Computer Mini Monitors.

Home: Denon DBP-2010, Humax, Panasonic Plasma, Monitor Audio ASB-2, AKG K240 Studio, Audio-GD NFB 12, Audio Pro Addon T8 active monitors, definitely no fancy cables.

matt49's picture
Offline
Joined: 7 Apr 2013
Posts: 1536
RE: Accuphase near London

pauln wrote:

kungula wrote:

Accuphase is available also in Germany. It is very popular on the continent.

http://www.accuphase.de/home.php

I think Cheadle is closer...

Geographically, yes.

matt49's picture
Offline
Joined: 7 Apr 2013
Posts: 1536
RE: Accuphase near London

kungula wrote:

here a general catolog in Englsh

http://www.accuphase.com/cat/english_cat1207.pdf

Thanks!   good job

ID.
ID.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 22 Feb 2010
Posts: 1321
RE: Accuphase near London

Matt, I hope you can share your impressions of whatever Accuphase amps you manage to have a listen to.

Mac, how are you finding your 350 now that you've lived with it for a while? I'm getting tempted by a 2nd hand one at my local 2nd hand HiFi dealer. I will, of course, auditio before selling my current all in one and switching to a streamer and more serious amp. It's a pity they're so pricey outside Japan. I think the 360 is probably around the equivalent of 3000 pounds new and a 2nd hand 350 can be picked up for like 1500 pounds.

__________________

Desk-Fi: Mac Mini - NuForce Icon HDP - Fostex PM0.4n - Audio Technica ATH900x - Sennnheiser HD595 - Grado SR80i

Bedroom system: Esoteric RZ-1 - PMC DB1i / iPod Classic - Onkyo NDS1000 - Firestone Audio FUBAR IV

Macspur's picture
Offline
Joined: 3 May 2010
Posts: 1893
RE: Accuphase near London

ID. wrote:

Matt, I hope you can share your impressions of whatever Accuphase amps you manage to have a listen to.

Mac, how are you finding your 350 now that you've lived with it for a while? I'm getting tempted by a 2nd hand one at my local 2nd hand HiFi dealer. I will, of course, auditio before selling my current all in one and switching to a streamer and more serious amp. It's a pity they're so pricey outside Japan. I think the 360 is probably around the equivalent of 3000 pounds new and a 2nd hand 350 can be picked up for like 1500 pounds.

Hi ID

Unfortunately, in the UK you can double that price for a brand new E360 and my second hand E350 was 3K... fortunately I received a good price for the Sugden, so it didn't cost me that much.

They are crazy prices, but imo well worth it and if I could afford

to buy new, I would.

From the first, I loved the E350 and my opinion still hasn't changed!

It is a superbly well machined piece of kit, with great versatility.  Sounding equaly as good with Rock, Jazz, Classicle

and acoustic.

It really has brought out the best of the Harbeths, I am now at last hearing their true potential.

When the time comes and hopefully it won't be for a long time yet and the E350 goes to amplifier heaven, funds permitting, it will be another Accuphase for me.

Mac

__________________

Accuphase E350 amp, Electrocompaniet EMC1UP CDP, Siltech 25th Classic anniversary 330I  XLR Harbeth Super HL5 on Sound Anchor Quod ELS63 stands, Chord Odessey2 SC.  Grado SR60I headphones.  HIFI RACKS Podium Reference rack.

Babur72's picture
Offline
Joined: 25 Nov 2007
Posts: 212
RE: Accuphase near London

Macspur wrote:

ID. wrote:

Matt, I hope you can share your impressions of whatever Accuphase amps you manage to have a listen to.

Mac, how are you finding your 350 now that you've lived with it for a while? I'm getting tempted by a 2nd hand one at my local 2nd hand HiFi dealer. I will, of course, auditio before selling my current all in one and switching to a streamer and more serious amp. It's a pity they're so pricey outside Japan. I think the 360 is probably around the equivalent of 3000 pounds new and a 2nd hand 350 can be picked up for like 1500 pounds.

Hi ID

Unfortunately, in the UK you can double that price for a brand new E360 and my second hand E350 was 3K... fortunately I received a good price for the Sugden, so it didn't cost me that much.

They are crazy prices, but imo well worth it and if I could afford

to buy new, I would.

From the first, I loved the E350 and my opinion still hasn't changed!

It is a superbly well machined piece of kit, with great versatility.  Sounding equaly as good with Rock, Jazz, Classicle

and acoustic.

It really has brought out the best of the Harbeths, I am now at last hearing their true potential.

When the time comes and hopefully it won't be for a long time yet and the E350 goes to amplifier heaven, funds permitting, it will be another Accuphase for me.

Mac

Hi guys,

Totally understand what you mean about Accuphase electronics.

Really blown away with how great a high-end Accuphase set-up sounded when paired with some ribbon-tweetered Verity Audio Sarastro II's in Bangkok last year.

Now i know exactly what sound i should be striving for: ie. airy, detailed, dynamic, extended, full-bodied, non-fatiguing, open, rounded & leaning to the warm side.

Touch wood, i'm hoping to acquire a DP-800/DC-801 MDSD CD/SACD Transport & DAC within the next few weeks.

Regards.

Babur.

__________________

HT: Pioneer KRP500A; Marantz UD9004; Pioneer SC-LX83; B&W XT-8(x 4), XT-C & PV-1; Chord Co. Active, CrimsonPlus, ChameleonPlus & Signature cables.

Macspur's picture
Offline
Joined: 3 May 2010
Posts: 1893
RE: Accuphase near London

Babur72 wrote:

Macspur wrote:

ID. wrote:

Matt, I hope you can share your impressions of whatever Accuphase amps you manage to have a listen to.

Mac, how are you finding your 350 now that you've lived with it for a while? I'm getting tempted by a 2nd hand one at my local 2nd hand HiFi dealer. I will, of course, auditio before selling my current all in one and switching to a streamer and more serious amp. It's a pity they're so pricey outside Japan. I think the 360 is probably around the equivalent of 3000 pounds new and a 2nd hand 350 can be picked up for like 1500 pounds.

Hi ID

Unfortunately, in the UK you can double that price for a brand new E360 and my second hand E350 was 3K... fortunately I received a good price for the Sugden, so it didn't cost me that much.

They are crazy prices, but imo well worth it and if I could afford

to buy new, I would.

From the first, I loved the E350 and my opinion still hasn't changed!

It is a superbly well machined piece of kit, with great versatility.  Sounding equaly as good with Rock, Jazz, Classicle

and acoustic.

It really has brought out the best of the Harbeths, I am now at last hearing their true potential.

When the time comes and hopefully it won't be for a long time yet and the E350 goes to amplifier heaven, funds permitting, it will be another Accuphase for me.

Mac

Hi guys, Totally understand what you mean about Accuphase electronics. Really blown away with how great a high-end Accuphase set-up sounded when paired with some ribbon-tweetered Verity Audio Sarastro II's in Bangkok last year. Now i know exactly what sound i should be striving for: ie. airy, detailed, dynamic, extended, full-bodied, non-fatiguing, open, rounded & leaning to the warm side. Touch wood, i'm hoping to acquire a DP-800/DC-801 MDSD CD/SACD Transport & DAC within the next few weeks. Regards. Babur.

Hi Babur,

You've described Accuphase amplification precisely.

Have you already heard the DAC/transport combo?... I would be keen to know your thoughts.

Mac

__________________

Accuphase E350 amp, Electrocompaniet EMC1UP CDP, Siltech 25th Classic anniversary 330I  XLR Harbeth Super HL5 on Sound Anchor Quod ELS63 stands, Chord Odessey2 SC.  Grado SR60I headphones.  HIFI RACKS Podium Reference rack.

Babur72's picture
Offline
Joined: 25 Nov 2007
Posts: 212
RE: Accuphase near London

Macspur wrote:

Babur72 wrote:

Macspur wrote:

ID. wrote:

Matt, I hope you can share your impressions of whatever Accuphase amps you manage to have a listen to.

Mac, how are you finding your 350 now that you've lived with it for a while? I'm getting tempted by a 2nd hand one at my local 2nd hand HiFi dealer. I will, of course, auditio before selling my current all in one and switching to a streamer and more serious amp. It's a pity they're so pricey outside Japan. I think the 360 is probably around the equivalent of 3000 pounds new and a 2nd hand 350 can be picked up for like 1500 pounds.

Hi ID

Unfortunately, in the UK you can double that price for a brand new E360 and my second hand E350 was 3K... fortunately I received a good price for the Sugden, so it didn't cost me that much.

They are crazy prices, but imo well worth it and if I could afford

to buy new, I would.

From the first, I loved the E350 and my opinion still hasn't changed!

It is a superbly well machined piece of kit, with great versatility.  Sounding equaly as good with Rock, Jazz, Classicle

and acoustic.

It really has brought out the best of the Harbeths, I am now at last hearing their true potential.

When the time comes and hopefully it won't be for a long time yet and the E350 goes to amplifier heaven, funds permitting, it will be another Accuphase for me.

Mac

Hi guys, Totally understand what you mean about Accuphase electronics. Really blown away with how great a high-end Accuphase set-up sounded when paired with some ribbon-tweetered Verity Audio Sarastro II's in Bangkok last year. Now i know exactly what sound i should be striving for: ie. airy, detailed, dynamic, extended, full-bodied, non-fatiguing, open, rounded & leaning to the warm side. Touch wood, i'm hoping to acquire a DP-800/DC-801 MDSD CD/SACD Transport & DAC within the next few weeks. Regards. Babur.

Hi Babur,

You've described Accuphase amplification precisely.

Have you already heard the DAC/transport combo?... I would be keen to know your thoughts.

Mac

Hi Mac,

Haven't heard an Accuphase Transport & DAC before, but i did have the opportunity to hear the Accuphase DP-600 not too long ago.

Have a modified Esoteric SA-50 for 2-channel duties at the moment. The higher-end Esoteric players are definitely among the best digital front-ends around for bass articulation, cohererency, detail, dynamics, & upper frequency extension but, perhaps due to my advancing years & maturing tastes, i know now that i should be aiming for a more airy, less forward, more open, more organic, more relaxed, silkier, a bit smoother & slightly warmer presentation.

Of the manufacturers digital players & amplifiers i've had the opportunity to hear only Accuphase, Luxman, (to a degree)McIntosh, Pass Labs/First Watt & Sugden have come the closest to this ideal.

I'll let you know how i get on with the Accuphase DP-800/DC-801.

Regards.

Babur.

__________________

HT: Pioneer KRP500A; Marantz UD9004; Pioneer SC-LX83; B&W XT-8(x 4), XT-C & PV-1; Chord Co. Active, CrimsonPlus, ChameleonPlus & Signature cables.

CnoEvil's picture
Offline
Joined: 21 Aug 2009
Posts: 11425
RE: Accuphase near London

Babur72 wrote:

.......perhaps due to my advancing years & maturing tastes, i know now that i should be aiming for a more airy, less forward, more open, more organic, more relaxed, silkier, a bit smoother & slightly warmer presentation. Of the manufacturers digital players & amplifiers i've had the opportunity to hear only Accuphase, Luxman, (to a degree)McIntosh, Pass Labs/First Watt & Sugden have come the closest to this ideal. I'll let you know how i get on with the Accuphase DP-800/DC-801. Regards. Babur.

There are a few on here that are very much in that camp (though i would of course add the MF AMS 35i to your amp list.  shifty )

__________________

"Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again."  André Gide