38 posts / 0 new
Last post
hifidivided's picture
RE: Accuphase E-360 or E-260

Hello NSA,

Thanks for the detailed write up on your experiences. And as stated before... gender is irrelevant!! 

I will very soon get to demo the e360 at home so I am curious to see how it goes.  It's worrying to hear that there have been production issues with the new ..60.  Which forum are these issues being discussed?  I'd be curious to read about what these people have experienced. 

I will also soon listen to a bladelius thor. It seems that much of this amp is geared towards home cinema / digital gadgets etc etc. Not sure if thats just how its being advertised but there seems to be enogh happy users out there. 

My current floorstanding speakers are rated at 4 ohm  and 87 db sensitivity. 

Macspur's picture

Please report back once you've had the home demo.

Mac

Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Accuphase E350, Harbeth SHL5 Siltech 25th anniversary 33i XLR, Auditorium 23 SC, HiFi Racks Podium Reference rack.

NSA_watch_my_toilet's picture

"Which forum are these issues being discussed?"

Hello again. You will find a post about this theme under the Homecinema.fr.com forum:

http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/sources-integrees-haute-fidelite/les-nouvelles-accuphase-t29836516-3960.html

(watch lycan's statement, he's a well connected hifi enthousiast)

On Hifi-forum.de, but it's very difficult to find all because the thread is gigantic, I just putted some links :

http://www.hifi-forum.de/viewthread-108-2318-127.html

http://www.hifi-forum.de/viewthread-108-2318-119.html

You find other reports on audiofanzine :

http://fr.audiofanzine.com/ampli-hifi/accuphase/e360/forums/t.521017,attention-problemes-sur-les-dernieres-series-e360-de-accuphase.html

This is all what I could found "quickly". Hope your tests are going well. :cheers:

Geared4me's picture

hifidivided, any news on your comparisons?

hifidivided's picture

Yes, news indeed!

I would be the first to jump on alternative to the over-priced accuphase amplifiers but for (and it's an important "for me" ) these new E-..60 models that I have heard all sound good. Comparing the 360 over the 260 there does seem to be an audiable difference. Enough to try and twist finances to afford the bigger model.  WIth the dynaudio speakers the 360 brought out finer detail and better grip on low end. Not a huge difference but with playing records that are very familiar to my ears there was a noticable difference. And unfortunatly... having heard that difference means I want the better sound machine! 

I could find NO flaws in the 260 though. A fantastic sounding amp! It's just that the 360 does do it a little bit better. 

I was testing on low to medium volumes in a small space and only vinyl records as source. In case it makes a difference to anyone. 

The Bladelius thor 3 sounded amazing too!  If I had not been shown an Accuphase earlier in the year I would probably be sitting at home raving on about how great sounding the Thor3 is. If I'm honest... part of the attraction with the Accuphase is that I feel, apart from how it sounds, that I am "going safe" and investing in something that hopefully will last longer than anything else I would put my money towards.  I have no idea if there is any truth in that but that's how I feel anyways! 

Macspur's picture

hifidivided wrote:

Yes, news indeed!

I would be the first to jump on alternative to the over-priced accuphase amplifiers but for (and it's an important "for me" ) these new E-..60 models that I have heard all sound good. Comparing the 360 over the 260 there does seem to be an audiable difference. Enough to try and twist finances to afford the bigger model.  WIth the dynaudio speakers the 360 brought out finer detail and better grip on low end. Not a huge difference but with playing records that are very familiar to my ears there was a noticable difference. And unfortunatly... having heard that difference means I want the better sound machine! 

I could find NO flaws in the 260 though. A fantastic sounding amp! It's just that the 360 does do it a little bit better. 

I was testing on low to medium volumes in a small space and only vinyl records as source. In case it makes a difference to anyone. 

The Bladelius thor 3 sounded amazing too!  If I had not been shown an Accuphase earlier in the year I would probably be sitting at home raving on about how great sounding the Thor3 is. If I'm honest... part of the attraction with the Accuphase is that I feel, apart from how it sounds, that I am "going safe" and investing in something that hopefully will last longer than anything else I would put my money towards.  I have no idea if there is any truth in that but that's how I feel anyways! 

Excellent!  I don't blame you for going for the more expensive model, especially if it controls your Dyns that bit more.

I think you can rest easy on the reliability of Accuphase too... fantastically well machined amps.

Please keep in touch as and when you actually buy the E360.

Mac

Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Accuphase E350, Harbeth SHL5 Siltech 25th anniversary 33i XLR, Auditorium 23 SC, HiFi Racks Podium Reference rack.

NSA_watch_my_toilet's picture

Another thread about flaws in accuphase assembling :

http://www.hifi-forum.de/viewthread-108-15863.html

Pages