Have your say & ask the experts!

£1600 to spend!!

20 replies [Last post]
drummerman's picture
Re: "1600 to spend!!
santino.b.it:

I was told about these ADM9 on this forum and think they fantasitco sistem for simple and good sound.

Plug in a PS3 and you can play BluRay DVD and game and also stream WAV into the DAC.

That's everything you ever need in simple package.

Also could try Squeezebox. Internet Radio will have more variety than DAB, which is not available where I live in Milan anyway. Music breaks up a little. Is not constant.

Arcam Solo not very good.  I have not heard ADM9 yet. Don't  know if can listen near Milan?

I have recently and bar a lean bottom end and slight lack of mid/bass punch they are absolutely awesome. Should audition the new versions in a couple of weeks or so and am looking forward to it. Imo impossible to better for that 'live music feel' for the money though a warmer perhaps more emotive pairing could be achieved (at more cost nevertheless)  though the trade ins are large and probably not worth it. Especially considering that adding a good sub would probably eleviate the small problem mentioned and balance the system perfectly. A giant killer as it is but the potential should be seriously worrying for some established hifi manufacturers. Of course, at the end of the day the AVI sound is not for everyone so auditioning is important but dont be surprised if you end up spending a lot less than you intended.

Pretty ... and pretty proud of it

santino.b.it's picture

Thank you man drummer.

You take a lot of time to respond to my post.

You are real English gent.

Thanks.

timwileman's picture

make a cheque payable to Tim Wileman for £1600 and send to me........see £1600 spent and you dont have to worry about connecting anything or somthing breaking Smile sorted

Peter Bleakley's picture

And all my worries about compatibility, cables, connections, power surge protection will all disappear?....... Cheque's in the post!! Thanks for the stress management solution.

timwileman's picture
Peter Bleakley:
And all my worries about compatibility, cables, connections, power surge protection will all disappear?....... Cheque's in the post!! Thanks for the stress management solution.

no worries Smile