20 posts / 0 new
Last post
bobshek's picture
RE: Shonyun SH-306A + Epiphany Acoustics E-DAC - review

What options did you choose for your mimic cable and what did that eventually cost including shipping?

Considering getting one too but I'm actually quite happy with the Lindy one. Length is actually usable day to day when I need to pick up my phone every so often.

quadpatch's picture

The cable that I chose was a 10cm OTG with a royal blue braided cover. The full cost including shipping was £16.62. It turned up today actually and I am really pleased with it. The connections and cable are really neat. I can't believe the size of the box it came in :P.

I'm sorry I didn't have a photo ready but I came home with a stonking headache. I gave it a quick test on my phone and then sat in a dark room for a few hours. On Saturday I will break out the macro lens for some proper photos, but I might take a quick snap of it tomorrow, watch this space...

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture

That's a migraine mate, not a headache. That cable sounds interesting.

quadpatch's picture

OneBoxSystem wrote:

That's a migraine mate, not a headache. That cable sounds interesting.

Yeah, you're probably right... Anyway, the cable - here it is:

Here is a close up of the cable itself. Mini-B connection on the left and Micro-B on the right. I like how the plastic has little arrows on it to show you which is the top, but as you'll see by the next picture the devices you use my not put them the right way up (Epiphany E-DAC).

This cable length is 10cm (about 4" for Americans, so useful for asking to Mimic Cables). I really love the colour options that Mimic Cables give you here. I can't even remember why I chose blue, but it was before I got a red metal back for my phone (never mind :P). I paid for this cable, it wasn't given to me for a review or anything, so you should know I am bigging up Mimic Cables here because I want to, I thought they did a really good job. You may think that over £16 is a lot for such a small cable, but I challenge you to find something similar for less. The difficulty here is getting the correct connections, at the right size and the cable being an OTG. If you're connecting a DAC to your phone like this it needs to be an OTG cable and not a normal USB (the connections inside the cable are slightly different. 

So if you want a cable like this or just a very specificly cool USB cable check these guys out...  http://www.mimic-cables.com/

Pages