6 posts / 0 new
Last post
admin's picture
Sennheiser HD 595 Headphones
English

I have a pair of these and have been using them with my Yamaha RX-V457 amp. I don't have any speakers for the amp yet, as it was given to me by a very good friend who has upgraded to a new Sony amp.

Anyway. Although DTS from my PS3 to the amp sounds alot better than the headphone out on my Sony TV, I am now wondering just how good my headphones are. It's like they sound a bit flat or are missing some clarity. Would this be anything to do with the fact they are Open headphones? Whats the general consensus on these??

Messiah's picture
Re: Sennheiser HD 595 Headphones

As far as I am aware they are well regarded cans. It is more likely the amp that is holding them back.

You say the PS3 is outputting DTS to the Amp, well whilst this is true you will only be getting stereo through the headphones.

You could try setting the PS3 to output in stereo and set the amp to stereo and see if this makes a difference. 

Do you have any other sources such as an iPod to connect the headphones too to see how they sound then?? 

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture

I have my PC, with it's Auzentech Prelude soundcard. I have always felt they weren't quite right using it with that. Perhaps my ears have a more expensive taste, they just haven't realised it yet!

I will try your suggestions though! Thanks

tonky's picture

I have the HD 595s and think they are very good. I have a Cambridge 840A v2 amp. The headphones are lovely. The clarity,spaciousness,detail,musicality and power from the amp are not held back in anyway by these headphones. Great amp - great headphones.

tonky

idc's picture

A bit flat and missing clarity does sound like the source to me. I found the HD595s to neutral but lacking a bit of dynamic compared to Grados SR80s. That was through a Yamaha AS stereo amp, not sure what model.

Audiofoolius's picture

I have them too. They are a bit laid back and sound less exciting than f.i. Grados but with the right amp they can shine. I particularly love them with Jazz and Blues.