20 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: German Maestro 8.35D and 2 headphone amps

Pleased you enjoyed the analytics Dale, but did you like it? Smile Fantastic voice...

dalethorn's picture

OneBoxSystem wrote:
Pleased you enjoyed the analytics Dale, but did you like it? Smile Fantastic voice...

I like a wide variety of things, but especially when those things are good quality. In the case of this track, highly recommended. And I suppose I gave off a clue by commenting so much on the voice, since so many recordings have great potential, then they don't get the voice just right. No such issue here - the voice is probably going to be one of my main tests for quality reproduction from here on. Enjoyable? I could play this hundreds of times without it bothering me, which is especially good when using a song as a test track. So now you see why I occasionally ask for these recommendations. It gets me closer to where I want to be for evaluating hifi gear.

AKG K812/K712, Beyer T1/T90 Jubilee/DT1350, v-moda M100/XS, Beyer A200p/v-moda Verza/Microstreamer DAC/amps, Portaphile Micro/PA2V2 amps.

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture

Was that a yes? Smile

dalethorn's picture

OneBoxSystem wrote:
Was that a yes? Smile

Bands like Live, Linkin Park, Coldplay, Pearl Jam, Oasis, Counting Crows (did I miss any?) just escaped my radar since I basically didn't listen to rock after the old MTV video age bit the dust. But, occasionally someone slips one of these tracks in on me, like Good Time, and (yes) I like it and find it useful too. So that's pretty rare.

For me, music is an emotional connection, and I play those cards very close to the vest. The connection here, listening to every nuance in the song, and evaluating my best headphones on that basis, is the entry point that makes this one possible. Hard to predict what I might find next.

Think about this: How many people do you know who would enjoy all of these: Merle Haggard - Okie From Muskogee, Culture Club - Do You Really Wanna Hurt Me, Yves DeLacroix - Close To The Stars, Willie Mae Thornton - Hound Dog, Village People - Macho Man, Tony Bennett - I Wanna Be Around, Third Sex - Monster Snack, Social Distortion - Playpen, Skirts - Lolita, Ingrid Michaelson - The Way I Am, Isley Brothers - Fight The Power, Gap Band - Party Train, Notorious BIG - Hypnotize.......

I could go on forever, just saying I stretch to a lot of different tastes

AKG K812/K712, Beyer T1/T90 Jubilee/DT1350, v-moda M100/XS, Beyer A200p/v-moda Verza/Microstreamer DAC/amps, Portaphile Micro/PA2V2 amps.

Pages