Dolby Digital 5.1 on Sky HD via HDMI (working :) )
Just thought i would share this as i havent read anywhere telling me this is possible. Some of you would have remember the article recently anouncing the firmeware updated for Sky DR8XX boxes.
Anyway i got Sky installed last week and i and wanted HDMI audio through my amp for obvious reasons. I spoke to sky and they told me i could force the update early and it worked!! There is now an HDMI audio option in the sky audio settings
Apologies if this is old news but for those like me, heres how i did it:
1) Unplug the box from the mains.
2) Hold the Back Up button
3) Plug the box back in (keep holding Back Up)
4) Release the button when the red amber and green lights are all lit.
5) Your Sky box will now update
6) BOOM enojoy Dolby Digital 5.1!!!!!!