It's a DAC Explosion! (V-DAC -> V-DAC II or rDAC?)
Good grief! I bought my V-DAC soon after it was released, and there weren't too many alternatives (at a similar price point) at that time. I haven't been following the tech or the market since then, but I recently started wondering about upgrading the DAC (love it though I do!). When I looked, the upgrade choices were almost mind-boggling! Admittedly, I don't have a whole lot of money to spend on an upgrade, but even the budget+ end of the market seems to have some choice now.
So, my first thought was to upgrade to the V-DAC II (asynchronous USB is probably my main concern). The Arcam rDAC is currently sitting second on my list, but it's ~£100 more than the V-DAC II. I'm going to do some more research, but, if anyone feels the will to impart any wisdom, I'd be all ears.
I'll report back if/when I made a decision, make the upgrade, etc!
P.S. Is there a sale forum on this site? If/when I do upgrade, my trusty V-DAC will be surplus to requirements.