DacMagic and general digital/computer based audio questions... Please help!
Hey there folks
I've just purchased a CA DacMagic for the main reason of listening to music through my computer (and to see if I get an upgrade in sound from my 640C v2).
My questions are as follows...
- I have currently connected my DM to my laptop using the USB connection, I have heard from various posts that the USB connection can be detrimental to the data, if so what is the best connection to use and why?
- I intend to convert my CD's into lossless audio files, I am familiar with the Apple lossless and FLAC file types, are there anymore types of files I should consider when wanting to convert my CD collection into lossless?
- Are all lossless audio formats of equal quality and can anyone reccomend a program for encoding these file types?
- If anyone is fimilar with the filter settings on the DacMagic could they please expalin in layman's terms the benefits/disadvantages of each of the filters.
- To the best of my knowledge CD's are encoded at 16bit/44.1khz, I have seen flac files at 24/96 but surely these files come from the same 16/44 CD's? Is it worth upscaling a lossless file from a CD? and what are the advantages/disadvantages?
Thankyou in advance for all your help and time on these questions...