Have your say & ask the experts!

Audiolab 8200CD white noise/distortion

2 replies [Last post]
Iceagecoming's picture

Hello there,

I have a problem with my new Audiolab 8200cd/Roksan Kandy K2. If I unplug the connected USB cable from either the computer or cd player, I get white noise and a very distorted signal through the amplifier. If I change inputs on the amp or reset the cd player, the signal returns to normal. It only happens with the Roksan Kandy K2. I have tried to recreate the problem with an old Arcam amp and it doesn't happen.

I'm not sure what is happening, whether it's normal or if there is a fault on one of the components. I was just wondering if anyone else had come across this issue? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

nlovie's picture
RE: Audiolab 8200CD white noise/distortion

I also use the 8200CD - feeding a quad 33 to a 303 to ESL 63's - no issues when you unplug the USB cable other than you have to wait for the drivers to re load ( about 30sec.) every time you plug back in

mbinz's picture
RE: Audiolab 8200CD white noise/distortion

Did you resolve your issue, I have just posted something similar with thye audiolab / roksan combination...

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/roksan-kandy-input-switching-issue-with-audiolab-8200cd