Building a computer based system.. Recommendations???
I have a £10,000 budget, for speakers, amp, wires, etc and a Computer, which I'm going to put together myself... I just have a few questions before I start...
1) how important is the cd drive in the computer... Will I need to invest a lot in a good one for just ripping music, not playing...
2) should I get an internal or external DAC... It's cheaper for an internal one but is there any other differences I need to take into account
3) noise... I'm going to make this computer as quite as possible, but are there any tips you can give me for this?
4) music player... I like using the iPhone remote app to control iTunes... And using flac converted files to apple lossless, would there be a sound difference over another software player?
5) I really want to build this thing myself for other reasons, but for all my real listening music that i want in the highest quality, would it be worth buying a media streamed like a NAIM or similar that streams from a computer and stores cd's... I will get this option if I really have to but I didn't like any of the streaming devises offered by anyone!