Big digital audio collection to play via HiFi system
Hello all,It seems like i've a question that has been asked 10th of times on this forum. Unfortunately, answers i found are much too costly or are not convenient for my situation.
Basically, i want to play my digitised music collection on my current, (20-year old) Hi Fi system.
The music : It concerns a rough 40k numbers (approx 1600 CD's), ripped in both WAV (for sound quality) and FLAC (for editability of the properties + to avoid use of a brand-linked format like WMA or AAC). All this takes up about 3 TB of hard disk drive in my computer.
I'm searching for a Hi Fi component that
- Can hold the hard drive (so i can still take it out and add new music or perform updates on the library)
- Comes with a screen to browse the folder structure. Ideally there would be a library-option in this thing, but not obligatory
- Plays the music formats .wav and .flac
- Transmits it to my amplifier via analog connection (white/red jack in for AUX)
- Comes with basic playback options : play file, play folder(, Play/pause/stop/>> and <<
- Very important : ain't connected to anything but the amplifier: not to the TV, not to the internet, not to the PC, network drive,....
I've run trough a lot of posts, but haven't found the answer to this - in my eyes - very simple need. Posts i found on this question mention the streaming (wired or wireless) directly from PC or from a network drive. Hardwares i looked into can send like emails to Neptune, but not comply to my demands. Hardwares that seemingly answer my need only come at 4 digit prices and then still require this whole TV to put on to select a few songs.
My spending budget is a rough 150 $ and i have it difficult to believe that, for that money, no hardware would exist that does what i want, no more.
My apologies if this question has been answered 20 times already, i've must have missed that post then. In that case, do not hesitate to post the link to that/those topic(.
thanks in advance to you all,Hunwick