7 posts / 0 new
Last post
admin's picture
What's better. pioneer bdp lx-52, pioneer bdp lx-71 or denon dbp-2010?

Hi,
I'm looking to buy a new Blu Ray player. I'm not interested in wifi bd live, loading times and other gimmicks. Looking for the best picture and sound quality i can get for £400 from Bluray, DVD and CD. I have seen a pioneer lx52, lx71 and denon 2010 for all well under £400.
Which is the better player?

Regards Mark

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: Blu-ray players

Not one reply! what a disapointing forum. oh well.

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture

They are all good players, but if you could stretch another £100, that will put you in a different class bracket and I think the Oppo 93 would be a good investment.

I've owned a Denon 2500, a Sony 370 and now a Sony 570, and picture wise, playing a blu ray there wasn't much in it, but IMO , the real difference was how well they upscale SD DVDs and the sound reproduction, and the more expensive Denon certainly won out there.

I will be looking at a change to the Oppo or forthcoming Pioneer BDP-LX55.

gel's picture

login_user wrote:
Hi, I'm looking to buy a new Blu Ray player. I'm not interested in wifi bd live, loading times and other gimmicks. Looking for the best picture and sound quality i can get for £400 from Bluray, DVD and CD. I have seen a pioneer lx52, lx71 and denon 2010 for all well under £400. Which is the better player? Regards Mark

I have compared the LX71 to the LX52 and the LX71 clearly came out on top for quality of picture and sound quality.  I have not seen the Denon 2010, so can't comment. 

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

johnjay's picture

I Disagree,ive had the '51 & the 320.From what i can see the LX-71 is pretty much a bdp-51fd in a more expensive shell,with sound & picture on par.But when i got the bdp-lx 52 there was a marked difference in detail & scale compared to the '51.Im not running the player off a budget amp,but decent AVR & Speakers,yes the bdp-lx71 is bigger built with better grade connections,but not better built.Actually apart from the size of the '71,id say the build quality is simular,but definately better than both the '51 & 320.Same here about the Denon,i cannot comment.But if had to choose from these 3 i would still go for the BDP-LX52,not because i have 1,but because of the difference in picture compared to the BDP-51FD.

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture

Thanks Guy's. I've taken the plunge and bought the Marantz UD7004 from Audiblefedelity(first class service) and what unit. picture and sound are amazing with whatever i through at it.

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture

Thanks Guy's. I've taken the plunge and bought the Marantz UD7004 from Audiblefedelity(first class service) and what unit. picture and sound are amazing with whatever i through at it.