55 posts / 0 new
Last post
bigboss's picture
RE: Sony unveils BDP-A6000 Blu-ray Disc Player

I can see this player drop to £200-250 by Christmas, if you're willing to wait. Of course it's just a guess, based on Sony's history.

bigboss's picture

I would recommend you look at Denon 1713UD with far better build quality.

psurquhart's picture

bigboss wrote:
I would recommend you look at Denon 1713UD with far better build quality.

Like the look of the Denons - built like tanks.

But I need twin hdmi's as my av amp does not do 3d (although admitedly I am not too sure if I can be bothered anymore with the 3d platform so maybe you have a point).

themovierooms's picture

psurquhart wrote:

strapped for cash wrote:

professorhat wrote:

psurquhart wrote:

And still no noise from WHF ? Do they actually read any of these forum posts ? I am beginning to wonder.

Probably not all of them - I think they spend most of their time making a magazine.

There's an element of "dance monkey dance" to the request and displeasure at the lack of immediate response.

I'm sure WHF will get round to reviewing the new Sony; though the BDP has only just hit the shops and it's a monthly magazine. You could audition the Sony against the Panasonic and other contenders and see what you think. Reviews should be used to compile a shortlist of potential purchases. After that, you're on your own.

I still can't comprehend why nobody (with the exception of a foreign website review courtesy of BigBoss) from Sony or anyone in the UK in any Hi Fi / Home Cinema business has said anything about this product ?

We have just witnessed a major exhibition launch platform in the terms of IFA and yet as a consumer I am still clueless about this player ? Forget "dance monkey dance" and yes I do use reviews on buying products as a basis rather than treating them as the holy grail.

I am simply in the market to either potentially upgrade my bdp or buy one of last years models at a discount very shortly. All I want to know without demoing side by side if this player (despite it's plastic looks) would be worthy of a replacement of my yet to be fixed Panasonic 500 player.

It is on a shelf in Richer Sounds in Maidstone staring at me. Bearing in mind Blu Ray players picture quality is nigh on identical, I just want to know if it is any good ? A second opinion is always helpful whatever I think.

Still find the whole lanch of this player very strange, so much so that it is putting me off purchasing the thing.  

Im looking into this and suspect it may be a Ritcher Sounds exclusive product hence why no one else is selling it. I do all of the Sony products from the BDP-S790 up to and including the 4K TV's and the £20k projector and it is currently not availabe for me to order or sell.  If I find out I will post back.

themovierooms's picture
Confirmation this morning

Confirmation this morning that this currently is a Richer Sounds and Sony centre exclusive like the 1040 & 840 amplifiers. These is a chance we may get our hands on it but im not holding my breath........

psurquhart's picture
RE: Confirmation this morning

themovierooms wrote:
Confirmation this morning that this currently is a Richer Sounds and Sony centre exclusive like the 1040 & 840 amplifiers. These is a chance we may get our hands on it but im not holding my breath........

Thanks Daniel.

I ended up replacing my Panasonic 500 (which incidently Panasonic could not fix) with a Sony 790. It has been brilliant - very happy and with the price drop from what I originally paid, I ended up adding the Apple TV3 to my set up too. 

themovierooms's picture
RE: Confirmation this morning

Good work, it's a good player for the money.

themovierooms's picture

Further to our 790 "chat" it will be discontinued before Christmas with no replacement due out untill around March. I have been reliably informed that there wont be any further price reductions so grab one while you can,

Mtenga's picture

This is end of line and now going for 150 quid. I like the SACD support. However does it give thumbnail preview of files when using your home network, like the PS3?

Pages